The Trinity definition

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
all heresies and cults start with a warped view, or rejection of the doctrine of the Trinity; the true nature of God. No one can judge a person's heart, but as far as doctrine goes, stepping outside the boundaries of the foundational doctrine of the Trinity distorts the divinity / nature of Christ and the heresy snowballs from there.
You are 100% correct as every false teaching goes back to a faulty view of God, His nature, character, attributes etc..... and included the 2 natures in Christ since He is one of the Trinity.
Not really.
A) it's a No True Scotsman argument.
B) there are plenty of theological disagreements that don't relate to this subject.
C) Dismissing somebody's entire relationship with Christ because they have a different interpretation of scriptures is ... honestly I find it to be ridiculous.
D) Don't even get me started on the heinous behavior I've seen folks commit in the name of "anti-cult". Remember how Christ ate with people despised by the "righteous" of His day. Let's not become the "righteous" of our day.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God does not exist in three persons, how do you explain that in the beginning God said "Let US make mankind in OUR image

the "US", and the "OUR" was to come, it was no "US" at Genesis 1:26, there was only the Ordinal First there at Genesis 1, for Genesis 1:27 the very next verse clarify this one PERSON. as well as the Genesis 5:1 & 2, and so do the Lord Jesus himself, the ordinal Last.

so there was no "US" or "OUR" who made man, only one person, just read the verses given, and what the Lord Jesus said in Matthews 19.

know if you have any questions please ask.

Remember, Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures, God Holy Word.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not really.
A) it's a No True Scotsman argument.
B) there are plenty of theological disagreements that don't relate to this subject.
C) Dismissing somebody's entire relationship with Christ because they have a different interpretation of scriptures is ... honestly I find it to be ridiculous.
D) Don't even get me started on the heinous behavior I've seen folks commit in the name of "anti-cult". Remember how Christ ate with people despised by the "righteous" of His day. Let's not become the "righteous" of our day.
I didn't say a different view of Scripture , I said its knowing the real God verse one made up. There are numerous scriptures about false gods, idols, christs, teachers, prophets, gospel etc..............

So there is the real Christ and there are many antichrists as per 1 and 2 John.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say a different view of Scripture , I said its knowing the real God verse one made up. There are numerous scriptures about false gods, idols, christs, teachers, prophets, gospel etc..............

So there is the real Christ and there are many antichrists as per 1 and 2 John.
I'm sorry, but this approach almost always comes down to two people shouting at each other "you're not saved because you don't understand this verse" and trying to beat each other up by slamming different verses (or even the same verses) at each other.

Call me crazy, but I'd rather just spend my time preaching truth and living the two Great Commandments, rather than wasting it shouting "you're wrong!" at the top of my lungs.

(Note: I'm speaking in general here, not referring specifically to you Christophany)

Reactions: amadeus and marks

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but this approach almost always comes down to two people shouting at each other "you're not saved because you don't understand this verse" and trying to beat each other up by slamming different verses (or even the same verses) at each other.

Call me crazy, but I'd rather just spend my time preaching truth and living the two Great Commandments, rather than wasting it shouting "you're wrong!" at the top of my lungs.

(Note: I'm speaking in general here, not referring specifically to you Christophany)
Agree :) preach the gospel and leave the saving up to Jesus.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then let's stop with the "anti-cult" stuff, ok?
On the other hand no one is making you post in the trinity thread or the kenosis thread. I cannot not teach the Trinity or the Deity of Christ no more than you can stop believing what you do jane.

If the bible warns against false christs,gods etc..... For me to avoid it would be dishonest of me. I cannot stop what God declares in scripture is false, deceptive, untrue, a lie etc.........

hope this helps !!!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but again, all the efficacy of Christ's life on earth had nothing to do with him being deity. You just added that as almost, a matter of fact - meaning, nothing that you stated was contingent upon him being God.
Knowing Who He is, where He came from, and where He was going, that is, knowing that He is God the Son Who came in flesh like ours, this was the faith that as a man gave Him the endurance of His faithfulness, is what I think.

That Jesus, though God Himself, came and lived entirely as a man - no cheating - and in so doing completely fulfilled God's requirement of a completely righteous life. That He knew Who He is, that He was more than a man, that He was God Almighty, YHWH, He never faltered for a moment knowing that His Father would give Him whatever He asked for, never faltered knowing the Spirit would empower Him is all good works according to the Father's will.

So He lived the life He requires of us, something no man could do. So that when we are immersed into Him, we receive from God the imputation of that righteous life. The righteous life of a man submitted to God, and perfectly so, being God Himself.

God looked, astounded! There was no man to bring salvation, so God used His Own Right Arm. He did it Himself. This was the efficacy of the Deity of Christ, Immanuel, God with us. He Himself came to save us, because no one else could.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You're crazy!

:)

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
its the opposite for me. a man walking on water is a miracle, the Almighty creator of all things walking on water, no one would think different.
Very powerful words said here......I wonder if folks really get what you said here....it's a miracle that Christ walked on water.....the human being, the Son of the Almighty, his Father created this miracle, not his Son for himself...Give the Father the glory indeed,,,.Amen and Amen

Reactions: marks

Mattathias

Nov 12, 2020
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you agree with the above ?

Why or why not?!

I disagree, for the simple reason that the head of the body is himself not trinitarian.

You strike me as someone who is knowledgeable about the doctrine of the Trinity. That being the case, I would like to ask you a question: Is it true that historical orthodox trinitarianism teaches us that Jesus is not a human person?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree, for the simple reason that the head of the body is himself not trinitarian.

You strike me as someone who is knowledgeable about the doctrine of the Trinity. That being the case, I would like to ask you a question: Is it true that historical orthodox trinitarianism teaches us that Jesus is not a human person?
Yes His Person is the Divine Son - Nestorius was condemned for his view that He was 2 persons. Docetism, Eutychianism, and Apollinarianism differed on their views of the two natures of Christ, but they agreed upon the unity of His person. To put it another way regardless of how they viewed the human nature and its relationship to the divine nature, they taught that there was but one subject who acted when Christ acted. Christ is not two subjects or two persons as per Church Creeds.

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: Mattathias

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
here is a suppose to be a three "person" Godhead....... Revelation 1:4 "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;"
Revelation 1:5 "And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,"

well now, it this the definition that the topic speak of?..... let see,

#1. "which is, and which was, and which is to come", is this the one PERSON many calls the Father?

#2. "the seven Spirits", is this the one PERSON many calls the Holy Spirit?

#3. "Jesus Christ", well this is a give me... THE SON.

ok, we have the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit... is this the three persons in the Godhead? yes or no.

PICJAG

Mattathias

Nov 12, 2020
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes His Person is the Divine Son - Nestorius was condemned for his view that He was 2 persons. Docetism, Eutychianism, and Apollinarianism differed on their views of the two natures of Christ, but they agreed upon the unity of His person. To put it another way regardless of how they viewed the human nature and its relationship to the divine nature, they taught that there was but one subject who acted when Christ acted. Christ is not two subjects or two persons as per Church Creeds.

hope this helps !!!

Thank you. That’s my understanding of what the doctrine teaches, too. I’ve come across many trinitarians who’ve told me that it isn’t true. Have you? If you have, what do you attribute it to?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
o put it another way regardless of how they viewed the human nature and its relationship to the divine nature, they taught that there was but one subject who acted when Christ acted. Christ is not two subjects or two persons as per Church Creeds.
the human nature was "TOOK ON", and he was not a "PARTAKER" of it. supportive scripture, Philippians 2:7 "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:"

"Took upon him?" meaning that he is already existing without a human nature. so the human nature was not by birth of him, (BINGO), but was aquired for a purpose. because that which came out of Mary, (that body), is no more.

when people understand the different between "TOOK PART" vs "PARTAKE", you will alway alway ERROR.

PICJAG