The trouble with religion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hmmmmmmm, interesting rant.
Tell me - does this apply also to YOUR paramilitary sex cult listed below -= or is it just Catholics, Mormons, JWs. SDAs and anybody else YOU disapprove of??

2 Christian sect leaders face more charges in New Mexico

Paramilitary sect leader Deborah Green sentenced 72 years for child abuse in New Mexico

BC-US-Religious-Sect-Child-Abuse-IMG-jpg.jpg
You don't have a spirit of criticism do you bread of non life?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is faith and Christianity is the definition of religion. Stop trying to redefine things it is the height of ridiculousness

.....that is the definition....

Stop trying to redefine things. It is the height....

See the difference?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To me, Christ didn't create or bring another religion, he brought salvation. Religions were already here, and they were wrong. We should follow the life, example, and teachings of Christ. Joining a man made denomination could confuse and pollute the simple truth and steer us astray; "I am the way, the truth, and the life" (John 14:6). Hard to believe there can be so many renditions of such a simple faith.

Do tell us...what does it mean to follow the life, example and teachings of Christ?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
First of all - I'm not throwing anything at YOU. You never aligned yourself with aggressivechristianity.net the way mjrhealth has. You and I have our differences - but we respect each pother;'s beliefs and leave it at that.
what is a pother?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does that mean you do know him? If that is the case, how?
I am baptized into His Body (1 Cor. 12, Col. 1:18, Eph. 4:5-6), which is the FULLNESS of Him (Eph. 1:22-22) and the pillar and foundation of truth (1 Tim. 3:15).

I don't follow the aberrant 20th century teachings of flawed sinful men.
I follow the teachings and precepts of His Body, the Church, which is guided by the Holy Spirit to ALL truth (John 16:12-15).

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could be, I don't now.
I don't have TV.

But as far as I am concerned a "personal relationship with Christ" is not a new teaching.
Seems to me it's a 2000 year old teaching.
That's why I don't classify Christianity as a "religion", but a relationship.
There's lots of religion out there. But it's not the stuff that Christianity is based on.

Hi Gary, nice to see you on...I have been on less lately as things have been taking much more of my time.
BTW-I haven't watched TV in decades. I will watch a movie now and then but never could just sit there rotting my brain in front of a screen with fake people doing ungodly things. Even so called "Family Feud" is based on very promiscuous questions and answers. Sad.

Reactions: Triumph1300

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is a difference between spirituality and religion.

Spirituality is the whole life of a person lived in relationship with the transcendent. A person’s individual spirituality may or may not incorporate the rituals, practices, and beliefs of a particular religious group. However, for billions of people throughout the world, institutionalized religion provide the setting in which personalized spirituality is expressed and developed.

Religion acknowledges both the communal dimension of spirituality and the place of tradition of the spiritual journey. It provides a connection to the wisdom and richness of those who have gone before us. Religion enables the tradition to come alive in our own experience and it calls the faith community to apply the tradition to the needs and hopes of the present.

Spirituality
th-id-OIP-kz-EN-7es8-VV1-rew-Dhuauw-Ha-E0-w-300-h-195-c-7-o-5-dpr-1-2.jpg

Religion
2a86f6bb03c947c9ba9e3d9b8a6af3a2.jpg

Spirituality and Religion
quote-i-believe-in-god-not-in-a-catholic-god-the.jpg

Last edited:

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
Do tell us...what does it mean to follow the life, example and teachings of Christ?

Its not complicated; "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me" (John 14:21).. His life was the perfect example of what he taught. "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life" (John 14:6). I'm surprised you didn't know this.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Its not complicated; "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me" (John 14:21).. His life was the perfect example of what he taught. "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life" (John 14:6). I'm surprised you didn't know this.

And I am not surprised you did not answer my question.

So, what are his commandments?

And two, What does it mean to be the way, the truth and the life?

So far all you have given us are vague generalizations.