The trouble with religion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@bbyrd009 @Phoneman777

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

because

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

If that is what you want, Its all yours.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
@bbyrd009 @Phoneman777

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

because

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

No offense mjr, but do you srsly mean to condemn us for advising work while it is day?
Do you think you will somehow avoid being in the "all" @
2 Corinthians 5:10 Lexicon: For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. ?

Then just keep ignoring these like you have been doing, keep playing 'nevermind that what about this' even though like 20 ppl now including me have agreed that works will not save one, go put down your cross and advise others to ignore Commandments, and leave me alone if you would please. Ty

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@bbyrd009 @Phoneman777

because

Exodus 32:33 "And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against Me, him will I blot out of my book."

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No offense mjr, but do you srsly mean to condemn us for advising work while it is day?
Do you think you will somehow avoid being in the "all" @
2 Corinthians 5:10 Lexicon: For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. ?

Then just keep ignoring these like you have been doing, keep playing 'nevermind that what about this' even though like 20 ppl now including me have agreed that works will not save one, go put down your cross and advise others to ignore Commandments, and leave me alone if you would please. Ty
Not me your unbelief

Joh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So, you rejoice about something like that?
You say "amen" when the Lord blot someone out of the book?
You should be following the posts, and than understand what he is saying instead of jumping the gun. Like God we would have that no man lose his life, but than is is mans choice is it not.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not me your unbelief

Joh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

mrj, if you read 16:9 it means the reason God will reprove a person's sin is only because they do not believe in Him; Not because they sin. That means sin does not reprove a person. The person's not believing in Jesus condemns him/her.

Keep up the good work. I enjoy your posts and replies.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
mrj, if you read 16:9 it means the reason God will reprove a person's sin is only because they do not believe in Him; Not because they sin. That means sin does not reprove a person. The person's not believing in Jesus condemns him/her.

Keep up the good work. I enjoy your posts and replies.
Already understood.

PS appreciate your reply. So many not listening.

Last edited:

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You should be following the posts, and than understand what he is saying instead of jumping the gun. Like God we would have that no man lose his life, but than is is mans choice is it not.

Well, when Christians stop fighting amongst themselves and start preaching the true gospel to a lost world, that "man's choice fellow" might get saved.

Reactions: Butterfly

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, when Christians stop fighting amongst themselves and start preaching the true gospel to a lost world, that "man's choice fellow" might get,saved.
That will never happen to much mens knowledge mens wisdom, mens understanding, mixed with religion and its doctrines, unbelief, hypocrisy and worst of all, many wont go to Christ to know the truth, the apparently are smarter than God.

B

Butterfly

@Butterfly: Do you face fellowship challenges?
Of course I do, but even if I had not left the local church I would still have that problem as I work most weekends - so endeavouring to build up relationships ' in church ' would be difficult. However I can come online and join with other Christians - or I can tune in to ' church without walls ' on the Television ( revelation tv ) So I am not completely isolated.
If I ever stopped learning and growing as a Christian I would be worried, but that is not the case.
The Lord sustains me - and I have become so much more reliant on him than on people , which can happen if you are part of a fellowship. I do miss the face to face study groups though.
Rita

Reactions: amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Of course I do, but even if I had not left the local church I would still have that problem as I work most weekends - so endeavouring to build up relationships ' in church ' would be difficult. However I can come online and join with other Christians - or I can tune in to ' church without walls ' on the Television ( revelation tv ) So I am not completely isolated.
If I ever stopped learning and growing as a Christian I would be worried, but that is not the case.
The Lord sustains me - and I have become so much more reliant on him than on people , which can happen if you are part of a fellowship. I do miss the face to face study groups though.
Rita
It's good to feed prayerfully day by day on the Word, whether individually or with others.

Believers are all in different circumstances. If possible a local church interaction of the nature of Acts 2.42 is very valuable.

B

Butterfly

It's good to feed prayerfully day by day on the Word, whether individually or with others.

Believers are all in different circumstances. If possible a local church interaction of the nature of Acts 2.42 is very valuable.
In my case there is no way I would join with the local church again. Some churches do a lot of damage to people when they are in the midst of dealing with things, to the point where they make the situation so much more unbearable and instead of helping they hinder. This is not the case in all fellowships
Rita

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That will never happen to much mens knowledge mens wisdom, mens understanding, mixed with religion and its doctrines, unbelief, hypocrisy and worst of all, many wont go to Christ to know the truth, the apparently are smarter than God.

Actually, with God all things are possible.
So, I say; Pray and Expect miracles.

You are a prime example of unbelieve.
(Something you accused somebody else of just recently.)

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually, with God all things are possible.
So, I say; Pray and Expect miracles.

You are a prime example of unbelieve.
(Something you accused somebody else of just recently.)
You mean the one who doesnt believe God speaks to men any more, is that not unbelief.?? So no accusation is it..

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trouble with religion is that people have been taught to hate religion by the leaders of their Christian religion