The True Sabbath and the Millennial Rest Foreshadowed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Saturday is the day of Saturn from which comes the Roman pagan festival of Saturnalia.

Those who worship on Saturday are therefore (by heretoeternity's logic) pagan Saturn worshippers re-enacting the Roman Saturnalia.
You can call it whatever, but Rome's names don;t mean very much....the seventh day of the week was specially Created by God in Genesis 2 as a rest day, in which He blessed and sanctified the seventh day (set aside for Holy purposes)...He codified it in the Ten commandments in Exodus 20...no other day was given this special treatment by God.....
The pope in the early Roman church decided he is god and changed the day from the seventh day of the 1st day of the week to keep the Babylonian sungod people happy..now who you going to believe? God or the pope? Obviouswly from your distorted postings you believe the pope over God...isn't freewill wonderful.

But remember Mungo, salvation is through the Son of God, God's grace and commandments, and NOT the sungod/satan and his doctrines and days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are non Biblical and of pagan origins.

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are, indeed, saved only by a heart-felt declaration of faith in Christ Jesus. However, after we are saved our transformed hearts through the Holy Spirit should direct us to willingly follow Christ's example (to the best of our ability) and seek after righteousness and truth.

Did Jesus obey the Sabbath? Ans. Yes! Then so will I.

Observance of the Sabbath was intended as a blessing God to all of His creation. The penalties for our inevitable transgressions of the stipulations of the Law have been nailed to the cross. If you wish to partake in a blessed gift from Our Heavenly Father, then begin to set aside the Sabbath as a consecrated day of spiritual enrichment. Enjoy!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are still confused between God's law the ten commandments Exodus 20 and the law of Moses, the sacrificial system, circumcision, feast,festival, food etc laws...Acts 15 the Mosaic law ended with the exception of the four mentioned.
Confused, not at all, there is only two people that i know of adding the law to grace as a way to salvation. Why did JEsus come, because "NO MAN' no "NOT ONE" could keep the law, that is the "ten Commandments" that is why it is written in Revelation,

Rev_5:3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
Rev_5:4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.

No not one, not a single man was able, no not one was found worthy for only ": Christ " the lamb of God who took away the sins of teh word" was able and He alone was found worthy for He alone walked spoltess and without sin while upon this earth. Not one of us will ever be found worthy for none are able to keep the law. not one, not even you.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Observance of the Sabbath was intended as a blessing God to all of His creation. The penalties for our inevitable transgressions of the stipulations of the Law have been nailed to the cross. If you wish to partake in a blessed gift from Our Heavenly Father, then begin to set aside the Sabbath as a consecrated day of spiritual enrichment. Enjoy
And so be it, but lay no stumbling block before others. But now you have just put all teh laws on yourself, for if you keep one you must keep the,mm all if you fail in just one you fail in them all. But we who are in Christ,

Heb_4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his

So we have ceased from our own works while others still insist on working.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Confused, not at all, there is only two people that i know of adding the law to grace as a way to salvation. Why did JEsus come, because "NO MAN' no "NOT ONE" could keep the law, that is the "ten Commandments" that is why it is written in Revelation

Rev_5:3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
Rev_5:4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.

No not one, not a single man was able, no not one was found worthy for only ": Christ " the lamb of God who took away the sins of teh word" was able and He alone was found worthy for He alone walked spoltess and without sin while upon this earth. Not one of us will ever be found worthy for none are able to keep the law. not one, not even you.

LOL..MJR you say it is impossible to keep the Ten Commandments of God..that would explain why society is falling apart, and all the corruption in the world...if you cannot keep the Ten commandments of God, the Moral law for mankind...if one cannot keep the Ten commandments of God, they are to be pitied...as Apostle John said in 1st John "this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments and they are not burdensome...

Remember MJR salvation is through the Son of God, God's grace and commandments and NOT the sungod/satan and his doctrines and days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are non Biblical and of pagan origins.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
And so be it, but lay no stumbling block before others. But now you have just put all teh laws on yourself, for if you keep one you must keep the,mm all if you fail in just one you fail in them all. But we who are in Christ,

Heb_4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from

So we have ceased from our own works while others still insist on working.

Every Sabbath day you enter His rest..for twenty four hours, to rejuvenate yourself spiritually, physically and emotionally, if you observe His holy day, the seventh day of the week.

You say "stumbling block" but it seems you put your own "stumbling block" by not wanting to hear the truth. As jesus said "Know the truth and it will make you free"...

And Remember always Salvation is through the Son of God, God's grace and commandments, and NOT the sungod/satan and his doctrines and days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are non Biblical and of pagan origins.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments
Yes and what is His commandment

Mar 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
Mar 12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

There is no law against love, God is Love.

As for teh rest, if you said you kepyt them all it would make you a liar for you would be as Christ and you would be found worthy as He is, but we all know that mankind as long as he is in the flesh will sin, so in that you full well know you cannot keep them. And dont pity me I ma no fool, I know in whom is my salavtion for I know I cannot save myself and that my works are worthless, as fithy rags teh bible says. As for rest, we who are in Christ are at rest for ever that is why he said,

Mat_11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Heb 4:5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
Heb 4:6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

But you are not in His rrest for if you where you would not be walking a path of foolishness trying to be aproved by your works, for as it says " they do not enetr in because of unbelief".

And you still have not shown us where it is wrtten by grace through faith"and" keep His commandments. How much more do you need to add to the price He paid.

In all His Love

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
What are His Commandments you ask??? What kind of a question is that?
God wrote the ten commandments with His own hand on the stones Exodus 20...and you ask what are His commandments...lol

But remember always Salvation is through the Son of God, God's grace and commandments and NOT the sungod/satan and his doctrines and days of sunday, Dec 25th and easter, all of which are non Biblical and of pagan origins.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Do you think you have God's salvation? Do you think if one keeps on sinning they have salvation? Don't forget sin is transgression of Gods law 1st John...

Remember always salvation is through the Son of God, God's grace and commandments (repentance) and not the sungod/satan and his doctrines and days of sunday, dec 25th and easter all of which are non Biblical and of pagan origins.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you think you have God's salvation? Do you think if one keeps on sinning they have salvation? Don't forget sin is transgression of Gods law 1st John...
I guess you really dont get it do you.

Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

And again as it is written

Rom_8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

or

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
Rom 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Rom 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
Rom 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

But you have set your heart on teh LAW and i doubt you will change, that takes revelation.

But once you do you wil las He says, " be free indeed".

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Whether if it's Saturday or Sunday, 25th of December or Easter, I'm sure God is happy for us rest and worship him any day. It does not really matter.....
And of course if we keep on sinning with no repentence there are consequences for that, but it's not a sin to worship God or take a day of rest on a Sunday.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
It is a sin to transgress God's ten commandments according to Apostle John in 1st John 3.4...Observance of the seventh day Sabbath is the fourth of the ten commandments, you break it you have sinned according to John's epistle,.It matters to God which day we keep..so we honour Him by keeping His commandments, or honour satan/sungod false gods by observing another day...free will says you can do what you want..I personally chose to follow God's word.BTW..Apostle James in James 2.10 says if you offend on one point of the law you break all the commandments.
John also says in 1st John 5.3 "this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments and they are not grievous or burdensome"

Remember always Josho Salvation is through the Son of God, God's grace and commandments and NOT the sungod/satan and his doctrines and days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are non Biblical and of pagan origins.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Salvation is not only for Seventh Day Adventists. and we are no longer under the Old Testament law.... I personally spend time with God everyday, not just the Sabbath. And we celebrate the Birth of Jesus Christ on the 25th of December, it does not matter where that date originated from, is it a sin to worship God and remember the Birth of Jesus on someone else's pagan holiday? I think not.

So you are saying we should forget about it on Sunday, 25th and Easter? And + a lot of us have 2 days off, Saturday and Sunday..

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Salvation is not only for Seventh Day Adventists. and we are no longer under the Old Testament law.... I personally spend time with God everyday, not just the Sabbath. And we celebrate the Birth of Jesus Christ on the 25th of December, it does not matter where that date originated from, is it a sin to worship God and remember the Birth of Jesus on someone else's pagan holiday? I think not.

So you are saying we should forget about it on Sunday, 25th and Easter? And + a lot of us have 2 days off, Saturday and Sunday..
Josho...everyone who observes the seventh day Sabbath are not affiliated with any religious denomination, or specifically seventh day adventists, although we do share love for and belief in God's seventh day sabbath, and His ten commandments...think about it Josho..God created the seventh day of creation week, He rested, blessed the day and sanctified it (set it aside for Holy purposes)...it is a gift from our Creator, to humankind..there were no denominations or different races of people..just humankind...so what you are saying is because the false religious teachers do not believe in the seventh day Sabbath it does not exist...well if it doesn't exist there are only 6 days in the week, and God would have to do Creation all over again..is that what you are saying?
Jesus was not born in December..Dec 25th is the ancient day of the sungod from Babylon carried forward by the Roman church, and pushed on the human race..(you can research all this, as there is plenty of evidence on the web)
The Bible says in Deut 4.2 and Rev 22.19 not to add or subtract to/from the words of the Bible. This is what happens when man tries to add additional "holy" days or words...But you have free will to do what you want.

But remember always Salvation is through the Son of God, God's grace and commandments, NOT the sungod/satan and his doctrines and days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are non Biblical and of pagan origins.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is what happens when man tries to add additional "holy" days or words
You do, you keep on insisting that we need to kep teh law to be saved, and that is not written anywhere , in fact it adds to teh price that Christ paid, again was His sacrifice not enough for you that you insist on trying to achieve salvation another way. so many religions trying to add to slvation bt grace.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
If God forgives you your sins and you are truly saved by His grace, then you should not want to sin anymore...as pointed out to you on numerous occasions "sin is transgression of God's law"...His commandments...1st John 3.
And Paul says in Romans "do we make void the law through faith? God forbid. We establish the law...
You should be able to understand that....Salvation is by God's grace, through Jesus, the comes repentance, turning away from sin (transgressing God's law)...
Do you go to church on sunday? Do you pray?

Remember always MJR Salvation is through the Son of God, God's grace and commandments, NOT the sungod/satan and his doctrines and days of sunday, dec 25th and easter all of which are non Biblical and of pagan origins.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
heretoeternity said:
The pope in the early Roman church decided he is god and changed the day from the seventh day of the 1st day of the week to keep the Babylonian sungod people happy..now who you going to believe? God or the pope? Obviouswly from your distorted postings you believe the pope over God...isn't freewill wonderful.

But remember Mungo, salvation is through the Son of God, God's grace and commandments, and NOT the sungod/satan and his doctrines and days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are non Biblical and of pagan origins.
Prove it.

Exodus 20:16 "You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour."

All we ever get from you is your false claims - never backed up by evidence of even the weakest kind.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Apostle John in 1st John 2.4....those that say they know God, and keep NOT His commandments are liars and the truth is not in them....That should tell everyone whether a religious system fits into God's plans, whether it be Roman or protestant.

They should remember always Salvation is through the Son of God, God's grace and commandments, NOT the sungod/satan and his doctrines and days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are non Biblical and of pagan origins.

cga

Oct 24, 2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
heretoeternity said:
Hypocritical? Hypocritical is you try to earn your salvation by flocking to "churches" on a pagan based day such as sunday, which has no Biblical blessing or commandment from God...by doing this you expect to earn salvation..lots of luck with that...this is why Jesus said "they worship me with their lips but their hearts are far from me" Then I will say to you in those times depart from me I never knew you, you who practice lawlessness" Matthew 7...

Remember salvation is through the Son of God, God's grace and commandments, and not the sungod/satan and his days of sunday, dec 25th and easter all of which are non Biblical and of pagan origin.
At what point in anything I have written have I instructed anyone to observe the Sabbath on Sunday? Are you so slow to understanding to not comprehend? This study has nothing to do with the false Sabbath that catholic church has brought. This study was written to demonstrate that the sabbath need not be observed in the strict mandate of the law, and that the sabbath also foreshadows the millennial sabbath.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God's grace and commandments,
And yet here you are HTE adding to salvation. How are we saved , come on its in the bible,

Is it not,

Eph_2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

So how can it be a gift if you insist on paying for it,

His commandments are liars and the truth is not in them..
It also says

1Jn_1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

iT says in simple terms it is impossible for you to keep teh law you insist on keeping.

Why is it you prefer to be judged by the law than to be saved by His grace??

What is it he says

Deu_30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: