THE TRUTH OF DANIEL'S SEVENTY WEEKS PROPHECY

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This still does not mean God is done with Israel. And will not do as paul said.

Let me ask you. If Israel confess their sin, and recieves christ as a nation. and confess the sin of the fathers.

Will God remember his promise to abraham as he promised in Lev 26?
The Promise that god is going to bestow will be Eternal Life.

If you remember my previous posts from the beginning i said i firmly embrace the saving of all Israel - when Christ Returns.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wherever they desire and at any time or day of the week.

Homes were often places of gathering for fellowship in Christ.

If we, as Believers in Christ, feel that we are not in church when outside of a building called church = we have missed the Message.
Yes, they met in homes in the NT. Not churches

when they met. That was the house of God..

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am not a jew. So of course I do not celebrate the day my nation was freed from slavery.

You have not changed a bit i see.. You just go around and around, never making any sense. Always dodging and making excuses
Explain how Calvary goes around and around, never making any sense, always dodging and making excuses.

With Scripture, of course.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Explain how Calvary goes around and around, never making any sense, always dodging and making excuses.

With Scripture, of course.
we are not talking about salvation. You are

we are talking about Gods promise to a nation. You are not

you are trying to mix the two up. Hence we have no basis of communication.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You asked me : "If they confessed their sins and turned to Christ"
i spoke of them as a nation. Not induviduals.. Induviduals get saved as they come to christ

I asked about the nation Lev 26 said something would happen if they confessed their sin.

I asked what would happen. According to lev 26

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you show me in lev 26 where God promised Israel eternal life?
In the Torah - God Promised to Israel a 'Deliverer', whom they must listen to in order to have REST.

Moses said "if anyone does not listen to that Prophet/Deliverer they will be forever cut-off from the Common Wealth of Israel.

The WHOLE Promise/Blessing of being part of the Common Wealth of Israel is GOD and HIS FORGIVENESS of SIN and SALVATION.

Therefore David, who was both a King and Prophet, said "God is my Rock and my Salavtion(Yeshua)."

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
we are not talking about salvation. You are

we are talking about Gods promise to a nation. You are not

you are trying to mix the two up. Hence we have no basis of communication.
We are talking about how God's temporary "for ever" under His old covenant was revoked by the permanent "for ever" of His New Covenant in the Blood of His Son.

That includes all the promises of God. 2 Corinthians 1:20

• Love
Reactions: David in NJ

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Torah - God Promised to Israel a 'Deliverer', whom they must listen to in order to have REST.

Moses said "if anyone does not listen to that Prophet/Deliverer they will be forever cut-off from the Common Wealth of Israel.

The WHOLE Promise/Blessing of being part of the Common Wealth of Israel is GOD and HIS FORGIVENESS of SIN and SALVATION.

Therefore David, who was both a King and Prophet, said "God is my Rock and my Salavtion(Yeshua)."
why will you not answer me about lev 26?

God made a promise to the descendant's of Abraham through Isaac and Jacob and jacobs 12 sons, also know as the children of Jacob/Israel

this was an unconditional covenant. (See Gen)

Later, in the law. God made conditions they must follow if they were to live in the land that was theirs in peace,

He said as the final form of punishment, If Israel did not obey him, He would have a foreign nation come and destroy ther high places. And scatter them through out the world. And their foreigners would live in the land that belonged to jacob

It happened three times

1. Assyria destroyed the northern kingdom
2. babylon destroyed the southern kingdom
Inbewtween God gave Israel 70 weeks to repent thanks to daniels prayer in Dan 9
3. in 70 AD. Juda was scattered again, this time all jews were removed from the land..

Yet God said even after all of this

Lev 26:
40 ‘But if they confess their iniquity and the iniquity of their fathers, with their unfaithfulness in which they were unfaithful to Me, and that they also have walked contrary to Me,
41 and that I also have walked contrary to them and have brought them into the land of their enemies;
if their uncircumcised hearts are humbled, and they accept their guilt—
42 then I will remember My covenant with Jacob, and My covenant with Isaac and My covenant with Abraham I will remember;
I will remember the land.

God even made a special promise wth them, while they are in the land of their enemies. God will never destroy them, or anchor them, He will remember his covenant with them

44 Yet for all that, when they are in the land of their enemies, I will not cast them away, nor shall I abhor them, to utterly destroy them and break My covenant with them;
for I am the Lord their God.
45 But for their sake I will remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the nations, that I might be their God:
I am the Lord.’ ”

thats why even today, as Paul said in romans 11. There is still a remnant.

God is not done with them, and his covenant with them is not nullified.

If they repent and confess their sins (the OT prophets and even paul said they will do this) God will restor them to what God gave them. The land

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are talking about how God's temporary "for ever" under His old covenant was revoked by the permanent "for ever" of His New Covenant in the Blood of His Son.

That includes all the promises of God. 2 Corinthians 1:20
The mosaic covenant was temporary

the abrahamic covenant and everything in clouded in it is eternal. And unconditional

So again. We are not on the same page, your trying to apply Gods covenant with us and abraham and his children with the mosaic covenant/

we have no basis for which to even begin a serious conversation because we are talking about two different things

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since when is the scripture that a child can understand and 'argument' ?

Do not get all hurt feelings over me rejoicing in a scripture that everyone should rejoice in, and bury deep in their hearts.

The GREATEST Revelation is = Christ in you the Hope of Glory
Brother, I'm not "hurt." I'm disappointed. Christians should be able to "agree agreeably," unless, of course, one of us really is intentionally spouting false doctrine. That's not being done. So I'm concerned that you're turning a reasonable discussion into a hostile disagreement. If you don't wish to do that, neither do I.

• Love
Reactions: David in NJ

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And where do the believers gather?
in a house or a hill , or a building , or a forest , or perhaps even in a cave as many did during the years of Persecution .
Ps , cave churches , forest churces will soon be on the rise as this all inclusive lovey generation
comes full force as one against the true non conforming lambs . EITHER WAY the LORD is with the lambs
I had sooner be on the run , persecuted and tormented for the faith
than to sit in a false church under a false mindset which saves none and is death that will lead to the second death .
The lambs have CHRIST and no matter what comes against us , HE SHALL be WITH US . LET THE KING be praised .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why will you not answer me about lev 26?

God made a promise to the descendant's of Abraham through Isaac and Jacob and jacobs 12 sons, also know as the children of Jacob/Israel

this was an unconditional covenant. (See Gen)

Later, in the law. God made conditions they must follow if they were to live in the land that was theirs in peace,

He said as the final form of punishment, If Israel did not obey him, He would have a foreign nation come and destroy ther high places. And scatter them through out the world. And their foreigners would live in the land that belonged to jacob

It happened three times

1. Assyria destroyed the northern kingdom
2. babylon destroyed the southern kingdom
Inbewtween God gave Israel 70 weeks to repent thanks to daniels prayer in Dan 9
3. in 70 AD. Juda was scattered again, this time all jews were removed from the land..

Yet God said even after all of this

Lev 26:
40 ‘But if they confess their iniquity and the iniquity of their fathers, with their unfaithfulness in which they were unfaithful to Me, and that they also have walked contrary to Me,
41 and that I also have walked contrary to them and have brought them into the land of their enemies;
if their uncircumcised hearts are humbled, and they accept their guilt—
42 then I will remember My covenant with Jacob, and My covenant with Isaac and My covenant with Abraham I will remember;
I will remember the land.

God even made a special promise wth them, while they are in the land of their enemies. God will never destroy them, or anchor them, He will remember his covenant with them

44 Yet for all that, when they are in the land of their enemies, I will not cast them away, nor shall I abhor them, to utterly destroy them and break My covenant with them;
for I am the Lord their God.
45 But for their sake I will remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the nations, that I might be their God:
I am the Lord.’ ”

thats why even today, as Paul said in romans 11. There is still a remnant.

God is not done with them, and his covenant with them is not nullified.

If they repent and confess their sins (the OT prophets and even paul said they will do this) God will restor them to what God gave them. The land
AGREE = Matthew 23:37-39 = This is when they will be humbled - by God's own Hand

“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! See! Your house is left to you desolate; for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ ”

Behold, the day of the Lord is coming,
And your spoil will be divided in your midst.
For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem;
The city shall be taken,
The houses rifled,
And the women ravished.
Half of the city shall go into captivity,
But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

Then the Lord will go forth
And fight against those nations,
As He fights in the day of battle.
And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives,

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The mosaic covenant was temporary

the abrahamic covenant and everything in clouded in it is eternal. And unconditional

So again. We are not on the same page, your trying to apply Gods covenant with us and abraham and his children with the mosaic covenant/

we have no basis for which to even begin a serious conversation because we are talking about two different things
It is eternal, unconditional, and fulfilled in Christ. 2 Corinthians 1:20; Galatians 3:16; Hebrews 1:1,2; et al

Your obdurate denials do not change His realities.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother, I'm not "hurt." I'm disappointed. Christians should be able to "agree agreeably," unless, of course, one of us really is intentionally spouting false doctrine. That's not being done. So I'm concerned that you're turning a reasonable discussion into a hostile disagreement. If you don't wish to do that, neither do I.
I rejoice in your response
Absolutely do not want hostility between us.
Peace

i am getting ready to retire for the nite = God Bless you in Christ Jesus our Lord - Amen

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AGREE = Matthew 23:37-39 = This is when they will be humbled - by God's own Hand

“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! See! Your house is left to you desolate; for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ ”

Behold, the day of the Lord is coming,
And your spoil will be divided in your midst.
For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem;
The city shall be taken,
The houses rifled,
And the women ravished.
Half of the city shall go into captivity,
But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

Then the Lord will go forth
And fight against those nations,
As He fights in the day of battle.
And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives,
Yes

and as the prophet ezek says

God will take the two nations, and make them one nation in the land again, where their fathers lives. And they will not commit their sins anymore. Nor will they commit harlotry, but they will obey the lord their God. Who will stand in their midst in the house of God. And they will never be divided into two nations again

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is eternal, unconditional, and fulfilled in Christ. 2 Corinthians 1:20; Galatians 3:16; Hebrews 1:1,2; et al

Your obdurate denials do not change His realities.
God did not fulfill the land promise in christ. They recieved it 400 years later. And it is stil theirs today.

again, Stop trying to mix a salvic covenant to all people with a land promise to one people.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes

and as the prophet ezek says

God will take the two nations, and make them one nation in the land again, where their fathers lives. And they will not commit their sins anymore. Nor will they commit harlotry, but they will obey the lord their God. Who will stand in their midst in the house of God. And they will never be divided into two nations again
Gotta go - Rejoice in the Holy Spirit tonight, sing and dance in your heart and make merry to the Lord our God - Amen

Last edited: