THE TRUTH OF DANIEL'S SEVENTY WEEKS PROPHECY

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was simply being very brief. There are a series of events which must take place after the Second Coming of Christ as noted in Revelation 19 and 20. Eventually God will establish a New Heavens and a New Earth "wherein dwelleth righteousness". And that is when eternal righteousness will be established on earth.
So, is it your view then that the 70th week will occur 1,000+ years (1,000 years plus Satan's little season) after the second coming of Christ since in your Premillennialist view "that is when eternal righteousness will be established on earth"? I'm asking that because the things listed in Daniel 9:24 would not all be fulfilled until the 70th week was fulfilled.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How will that land be theirs forever in light of this:

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare. 11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.

All of God's people should be "looking forward to a new heaven and new earth, where righteousness dwells", not just some measly piece of land that is nothing compared to the eternal new earth.

Why don't you change your perspective like Abraham and the other Old Testament saints did and look for an eternal heavenly country and a city whose builder and maker is God instead of a relatively small piece of land on this earth? Have you never read the New Testament?

Hebrews 11:
8 By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going. 9 By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise. 10 For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God. 11 And by faith even Sarah, who was past childbearing age, was enabled to bear children because she[b] considered him faithful who had made the promise. 12 And so from this one man, and he as good as dead, came descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as countless as the sand on the seashore. 13 All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance, admitting that they were foreigners and strangers on earth. 14 People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. 15 If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. 16 Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.

Abraham himself does not have the same expectations for the future that you have. Why don't you try to be like him and look forward to a better country, a heavenly one, and a "city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God"? God has so much more in store for His people than a useless and meaningless piece of land in Israel.
When God destroys this heaven and earth, there will be no more land..

until then. Forever still exists..

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Israel (the nation of physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob) are blinded in part.

in other words. some of them are saved (I actually know quite a few of them) and some of them remain blind (the people praying at the wailing wall, who refuse to repent and acknowledge their messiah)

If God is done with Israel. there is no need in saying their is a remnant.. remnant of what?
Who said that God is done with Israel? You seem to be making a straw man argument there. God is not done with the people of ANY nation and never has been.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When God destroys this heaven and earth, there will be no more land..

until then. Forever still exists..
That statement makes no sense whatsoever. If that land that you say they will inherit forever is going to be burned up then how can they inherit it forever? That's impossible.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That statement makes no sense whatsoever. If that land that you say they will inherit forever is going to be burned up then how can they inherit it forever? That's impossible.
It means literally as long as the land exists. It is theirs

God will replace it with a new better land. No one will complain that that land is no longer there.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I give up

Good day sir.. I will wipe the dust off my feet.

God keeps his promises, whether he made them 4000 years ago or 2000 If you don;t agree. that's on you
Everyone here believes that God keeps His promises. Do you understand that? So, don't act like you believe that and others don't. That's not the case.

Where some of us differ is in our understanding of His promises and the fulfillment of them. But, it is certain that He will keep them whether we properly understand them or not.

Reactions: covenantee

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Exactly.
They cannot, even Abraham knew this many moons ago.

Heb 11
8 By faith Abraham, when he was called [by God], obeyed by going to a place which he was to receive as an inheritance; and he went, not knowing where he was going. 9 By faith he lived as a foreigner in the promised land, as in a strange land, living in tents [as nomads] with Isaac and Jacob, who were fellow heirs of the same promise. 10 For he was [waiting expectantly and confidently] looking forward to the city which has foundations, [an eternal, heavenly city] whose architect and builder is God. 11 By faith even Sarah herself received the ability to conceive [a child], even [when she was long] past the normal age for it, because she considered Him who had given her the promise to be reliable and true [to His word]. 12 So from one man, though he was [physically] as good as dead, were born as many descendants as the stars of heaven in number, and innumerable as the sand on the seashore.

13 All these died in faith [guided and sustained by it], without receiving the [tangible fulfillment of God’s] promises, only having seen (anticipated) them and having welcomed them from a distance, and having acknowledged that they were strangers and exiles on the earth. 14 Now those who say such things make it clear that they are looking for a country of their own. 15 And if they had been thinking of that country from which they departed [as their true home], they would have had [a continuing] opportunity to return. 16 But the truth is that they were longing for a better country, that is, a heavenly one. For that reason God is not ashamed [of them or] to be called their God [even to be surnamed their God—the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob]; for He has prepared a city for them.

rev 21
9 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven final plagues came and spoke with me, saying, “Come here, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a vast and lofty mountain, and showed me the holy (sanctified) city of Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God, 11 having God’s glory [filled with His radiant light].

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have not read very much/ A lot of people thing God is done with israel. And replaced her with the church
I'm talking about people on this forum and in this thread. No one here has said that, so why are you wasting your time arguing with people who aren't even posting in this thread?

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It means literally as long as the land exists. It is theirs
Okay, great. So? What is your point? Is anyone here saying otherwise? No. But, clearly, there are far better things that God has in store for them (and for us), but you don't seem to even think about that at all.

God will replace it with a new better land. No one will complain that that land is no longer there.
That is what we should be looking forward to, but it seems that you are obsessed with that temporary piece of land instead.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was simply being very brief. There are a series of events which must take place after the Second Coming of Christ as noted in Revelation 19 and 20. Eventually God will establish a New Heavens and a New Earth "wherein dwelleth righteousness". And that is when eternal righteousness will be established on earth.
You still haven't told us when the righteousness from Scripture cited in post 13 ended, since you deny that it is eternal righteousness.

Give us the date that it ended.

From Scripture.

Reactions: jeffweeder

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is what we should be looking forward to, but it seems that you are obsessed with that temporary piece of land instead.
2Pet 3
13 But in accordance with His promise we expectantly await new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

14 So, beloved, since you are looking forward to these things, be diligent and make every effort to be found by Him [at His return] spotless and blameless, in peace [that is, inwardly calm with a sense of spiritual well-being and confidence, having lived a life of obedience to Him]. 15 And consider the patience of our Lord [His delay in judging and avenging wrongs] as salvation [that is, allowing time for more to be saved]; just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given to him [by God], 16 speaking about these things as he does in all of his letters.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone here believes that God keeps His promises. Do you understand that? So, don't act like you believe that and others don't. That's not the case.

Where some of us differ is in our understanding of His promises and the fulfillment of them. But, it is certain that He will keep them whether we properly understand them or not.
Excuse me sir. When people say God is done with israel they will Not be restored. They will not be brought into the land They do not believe god keeps his promises..

spin it however your want it. It is a fact

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GGOkay, great. So? What is your point? Is anyone here saying otherwise? No. But, clearly, there are far better things that God has in store for them (and for us), but you don't seem to even think about that at all.

Good day sir…I do not play games

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excuse me sir. When people say God is done with israel they will Not be restored. They will not be brought into the land They do not believe god keeps his promises..

spin it however your want it. It is a fact
Who are "they" that you are referring to here who supposedly do not believe that God keeps His promises? Are any of them posting in this thread?

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good day sir…I do not play games
Good. Neither do I. It's clear to me that you are not prepared at all to defend your beliefs. So, your way out of this is to claim that I'm playing games when you instead should be acknowledging that you don't have anything to refute what I'm saying.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Pet 3
13 But in accordance with His promise we expectantly await new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

14 So, beloved, since you are looking forward to these things, be diligent and make every effort to be found by Him [at His return] spotless and blameless, in peace [that is, inwardly calm with a sense of spiritual well-being and confidence, having lived a life of obedience to Him]. 15 And consider the patience of our Lord [His delay in judging and avenging wrongs] as salvation [that is, allowing time for more to be saved]; just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given to him [by God], 16 speaking about these things as he does in all of his letters.
Great scripture. And what is "His promise" that in accordance with we are expectantly awaiting new heavens and a new earth? The promise of His second coming (2 Peter 3:3-4). Peter didn't say we are expecting an earthly millennial kingdom in accordance with the promise of His second coming, he said we are expecting the new heavens and new earth in accordance with the promise of His second coming. This is very strong evidence in support of Amil that Premils have no answer for at all.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, is it your view then that the 70th week will occur 1,000+ years (1,000 years plus Satan's little season) after the second coming of Christ since in your Premillennialist view "that is when eternal righteousness will be established on earth"? I'm asking that because the things listed in Daniel 9:24 would not all be fulfilled until the 70th week was fulfilled.
1. The 70th week of Daniel is A PRELUDE to the Second Coming of Christ.

2. The Second Coming of Christ is A PRELUDE to the New Heavens and the New Earth.

3. It is only after the New Earth is established in righteousness by Christ that genuine and literal everlasting righteousness will be established. The total supernatural burning up of the earth and its atmosphere will guarantee that all that is polluted, corrupt, sinful, and wicked on the face of the earth will be burned up.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. (2 Peter 3:10-13)

Reactions: Davy