The Truth of Genesis

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
And quite honestly I don't care about their opinions
I can tell.

and that is what they are, when we have an eyewitness account of creation.
Like @Enow this is a religious issue for you. That's okay as long as you're honest about it.

@Justadude you list yourself as agnostic, what do you even believe about God and the Bible?
I don't really believe in any gods and I see the Bible as an ancient book with a mixture of Jewish history, folklore, and religion, with a later add-on (the NT) of stories about Jesus Christ.

If you don't believe the Bible is true then you will never come to the true answer of human origin.
That's your belief.

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Because science is never wrong?
No. Because it makes sense to rely on the relevant experts. If my computer goes down I rely on IT professionals. If my water system breaks I rely on professional plumbers. If I want to know about biology I rely on biologists.

It's not complicated.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can tell.

Like @Enow this is a religious issue for you. That's okay as long as you're honest about it.

I don't really believe in any gods and I see the Bible as an ancient book with a mixture of Jewish history, folklore, and religion, with a later add-on (the NT) of stories about Jesus Christ.

That's your belief.
Just because it is an issue of faith does not mean it is not also an issue of objective reality.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not mocking. You cited the snail study so I assume you know what they did and why. If you don't, just say so. What's the big deal?

Mollusks.

Why not just go straight to the UofA? I see no reason to get my information on science from a religious apologetics website.

Remember you said that.

Further evidence that this is a religious issue for you. Nothing wrong with that as long as you're honest about it.

Same can be said for you.

I hope you understand that when it comes to scientific topics, I'm not going to base my positions on what you say. I'll stick with relying on scientists when it comes to scientific topics.

Now that is what I wanted you to remember. Have you gone to those facilities to confirm what science did on everything they reported for the support of the evolution theory? So we are back to square one; discerning and weighing everything that has been said and done and back peddled too by science. And yet the back peddling by science on what they had said was fact does not bother you at all?

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Just because it is an issue of faith does not mean it is not also an issue of objective reality.
If it was objective reality, faith wouldn't be necessary.

He did tell you about creation. Genesis 1-2.
Genesis 1 is not written by a god; it's not even written in the first person (it says "God created" not "I created").

Not to mention, if God did not create, where did everything come from?
If you mean where did the universe come from, I don't know.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 1 is not written by a god; it's not even written in the first person (it says "God created" not "I created").
God is the author of Scripture, he used men of God by way of divine inspiration to write the Scriptures.

If you mean where did the universe come from, I don't know.
Well at least that is honest. But the scientific answers don't explain where the universe came from. They can't. It all has to lead back to a source no matter which way you look at it. It has to be a supernatural source otherwise it would not exist. Romans 1 says they (meaning all people) know God by creation. You have no excuse to say God does not exist.

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Mollusks.
Okay. I get the feeling you're never going to post the actual study. That's why I keep saying these "debates" are pointless.

Same can be said for you.
Wrong.

Now that is what I wanted you to remember. Have you gone to those facilities to confirm what science did on everything they reported for the support of the evolution theory?
Everything? No. A lot of it, yes I have. I have read many, many, many papers and talked with many scientists.

So we are back to square one; discerning and weighing everything that has been said and done and back peddled too by science. And yet the back peddling by science on what they had said was fact does not bother you at all?
I don't know what you're referring to.

So are we free to assess that this is an anti-religious/anti-God issue for you? That's okay as long as you are honest about it.
You can do whatever you like but it wouldn't make sense for you to do that. I have no more anti-religious or anti-God issues when it comes to science than I do with car repair.

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
God is the author of Scripture, he used men of God by way of divine inspiration to write the Scriptures.
That's your belief.

Well at least that is honest.
Thank you.

But the scientific answers don't explain where the universe came from. They can't. It all has to lead back to a source no matter which way you look at it. It has to be a supernatural source otherwise it would not exist. Romans 1 says they (meaning all people) know God by creation. You have no excuse to say God does not exist.
Like I keep saying, I don't rely on non-scientific sources for information about science. You are not a scientific source.

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
And science can't tell us where the universe came from so I guess you are being willfully ignorant.
That doesn't make sense. You're saying if something is unknown it's ignorant to not just go ahead and believe a god did it. If we did that throughout history we'd have never discovered anything.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That doesn't make sense. You're saying if something is unknown it's ignorant to not just go ahead and believe a god did it. If we did that throughout history we'd have never discovered anything.
It's not unknown. It's unknown to science because science can't explain it. It is not something scientifically measureable

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This does not say a day equals 1000 years.

It says in general. In Gods timeline, he is not slow to act. to him one of his days is like unto a 1000 days for us.

using this passage to support anything other than a literal day of creation is taking it out of context
...and completely incompetent, as in not to be taken seriously on any level.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess God is limited

he can’t create a system Capable of sustaining his creation (mankind) in 6 days

it also says he rested on day 7. And he told Israel they too should rest on day 7. And work six just like he did

a day equals a day if Not God would have told us
First thanks for the reply. second, why 6 days? it seem you limited the mighty one. did you not read? Genesis 1:6 "And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters". the development of our atmosphere system. Genesis 1:9 "And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so". geological movement system.

now watch this one closely, Genesis 1:11 "And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so". question, who brought forth the grass, herbs, fruits trees?, answer the EARTH.

Genesis 1:20 "And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven". who brought forth?. THE EARTH WATERS.

none of theses ecosystem sprang up over night. it took millions or billions of years to form the perfect cycle for life.

as a matter of fact God created everything in an instance at the beginning. it only took time to develop these systems. and in this development came all the varieties of life we see today, both plant and animal life, with the ever changing geological movement on this planet where thing that form over millions of years are just a tick on the geological time clock.

Now something for you to understand, the Sun and the Moon and all the stares was all "CREATED" at the beginning Genesis 1:1 but our star/Sun only shined on God day 4. just like the grasses and herbs, and fruits trees was all there in the beginning, in the earth at Genesis 1:1. it only took time for these things to grow, or these systems to develop for growth, in order for the conditions sutiable for human life on this planet as we know it.

there is so much to learn just in the first chapter alone. so study up on these things. and find out how GOD set things such as, Apogee and pedigree, precession, Retrograde and prograde motion, eclipses, night and day terminator, and it goes on and on. all of these names that are of our scientific terminology we use today, all in chapter 1. and this is just the language coming out of verses 14-18, that just from the fourth day, which is a ton more there.

so before you take a stand you might want to look at God's creation with another eye.

that's not including any thermal or Hydro system on land or in the water. it's amazing how GOD can speak a few words and a room full of science book cannot explian it all. what a Mighty GOD we serve.

PICJAG.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
[QUOTE="101G, post: 705683,

PICJAG.[/QUOTE]

Can you explain
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

In the beginning the earth had no form? Just don't understand that!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First thanks for the reply. second, why 6 days? it seem you limited the mighty one. did you not read? Genesis 1:6 "And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters". the development of our atmosphere system. Genesis 1:9 "And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so". geological movement system.

now watch this one closely, Genesis 1:11 "And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so". question, who brought forth the grass, herbs, fruits trees?, answer the EARTH.

Genesis 1:20 "And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven". who brought forth?. THE EARTH WATERS.

none of theses ecosystem sprang up over night. it took millions or billions of years to form the perfect cycle for life.

as a matter of fact God created everything in an instance at the beginning. it only took time to develop these systems. and in this development came all the varieties of life we see today, both plant and animal life, with the ever changing geological movement on this planet where thing that form over millions of years are just a tick on the geological time clock.

Now something for you to understand, the Sun and the Moon and all the stares was all "CREATED" at the beginning Genesis 1:1 but our star/Sun only shined on God day 4. just like the grasses and herbs, and fruits trees was all there in the beginning, in the earth at Genesis 1:1. it only took time for these things to grow, or these systems to develop for growth, in order for the conditions sutiable for human life on this planet as we know it.

there is so much to learn just in the first chapter alone. so study up on these things. and find out how GOD set things such as, Apogee and pedigree, precession, Retrograde and prograde motion, eclipses, night and day terminator, and it goes on and on. all of these names that are of our scientific terminology we use today, all in chapter 1. and this is just the language coming out of verses 14-18, that just from the fourth day, which is a ton more there.

so before you take a stand you might want to look at God's creation with another eye.

that's not including any thermal or Hydro system on land or in the water. it's amazing how GOD can speak a few words and a room full of science book cannot explian it all. what a Mighty GOD we serve.

PICJAG.
1. You were not their neither was I
2. You just limited God, then said I did

if god can make the universe as complex as it is, and the human body as complex as it is

he can put the auto sphere together in 1 day like he said he did.