The truth of the white dog within you.... alone and victorious

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

White Dog

Sep 29, 2012
Maryville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings all. I am new here and it is my first post. I suspect it may be controversial and for that i apologize, but what I share is good news and can be life transforming if we will receive it.

We have all heard of the analogy:

. There is in each of us as believers, a white dog and a black dog within us. They are fighting.
Which one wins? The one we feed the most.

Sound familiar? Of course, but before we just accept this as truth, let us truly compare it to the word of God and ask ourselves.... is it scriptural?

We know that there are two states we can find ourselves, either "in the flesh" or "in the spirit". The word calls these the old man and the new man. The question is, can we be in both at the same time? The answer is no, if we are walking as believers. We are told that we are to put off the old man and put on the new, not be changed over forty years so that in the end we are 70% new man and 30% old. It simply does not work if that is our pathway. We must be out of the old man now in order for us to experience the life God has bought for us through the death and resurrection of His Son.

Paul tells us in Romans 6 that we are not in the flesh, but in the spirit. In Romans 8 he tells us that we owe the flesh nothing. Yet how many of us believe this, or experience it? Instead, for most of us, we find there IS a battle within us, and our flesh rears its ugly head every day, amen? How hard it seems to walk in the spirit. But why? Has Jesus not promised us an easy yoke?

What is the cause of this? Was Paul in error? I believe not. I believe that we have failed to see the importance of obeying what Paul told us to do in Romans 6, to reckon ourselves dead to sin, dead to the flesh, and alive unto Him. This word "to reckon", is a banking term that means "to add to ones inventory. We must claim the new nature that God has

Here is the truth. God has given us new natures, where an obedient heart is a promise, rather than a requirement as it was under the law. But satan has blinded us to this, and thus, the truth that we are new creatures in Christ is not profiting us for it is not being mixed with faith. We have failed to, by faith, put off the old man, and thus, even though the black dog that was us is dead, we have failed to kill it with our faith in the truth and our unbelief has given it new life. Our shiled of faith, given to protect us against all of satan;s attacks, is on the floor, gathering dust, and it is no wonder at all that we are tossed and torn by the enemy of our souls.

Listen, all who love the Lord, who long to be obedient but who find it impossible.

The black dog inside you is dead.

Will you believe it? God's word can be no clearer. We are NOW light in the lord, not trying to become light. Our amazing God has set us free indeed. Now, let us believe it and discover what has up til now been hidden from our eyes, the glorious liberty of the children of God. He has given us this new nature. We must believe it is ours before we are able to enjoy its benefits. This is the good fight of faith we have all been called to.

Told you it would be a tad controversial. LOL.

Blessings,

White Dog

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
That is actually not a bad doctrine if someone needs to simplify things in this treachorous walk. I was working with this creepy guy looking over my shoulder on the jobsite the other day and he is being just miserable giving me as hard of a time as humanly possible even taking my tools out of my hand then complains that im taking too long. Usually I'd get really angry and tell him off and that poor disciplined stuff I pull sometimes usually affects me for a while giving me a poor performance.

rand

Sep 10, 2012
HI White Dog, and welcome.

Isn't God Great? Isn't Grace Great?

When I first got the revelation of grace, I felt like Paul must of felt when He got the revelation. He ask God three times to take that thorn away and God's reply was, 'My grace is enough.' Most Christians think Paul never overcame that thorn, but I believe he did because of the way he accepted and was excited about that grace. It truly is enough.

For 40 years I believed, like so many others still do, that it is 'by grace, thru faith and works...' All the while, I was under so much bondage, most of it religious bondage and I was a frustrated Christian. One day I told God that I didn't love Him the way I should. I didn't know why, but I didn't. I wanted to, and I knew I should, but I didn't. I asked Him to show me what I'm missing. I asked Him to show me how to worship Him the way He wanted and deserved to be worshiped. He did. He showed me what Grace really is. It changed everything. I'm no longer under bondage like I was, I'm not frustrated anymore, I'm a totally different person now. I want so bad to share that with the part of the Church that still holds on to the law and tries to ballance it in with grace, thinking they are doing God's will. The truth has set me free and I want to share that truth, that freedom with everyone. For now, though, I'm just planting seeds.

Anyway, I just wanted you to know, I'm with you on this one