The twelfth Apostle

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks
Hi ~
It can get confusing…12 Apostles original and one betraying…and adding….AND the 12 Tribes….Their Rolls historically and in end days.

Not discounting “Paul”….He was “given” and “accepted” a difficult Task….not ONLY tending to preaching to the JEWS…but also KINGS (primarily Gentiles) and Gentiles at Large of the general population.

The Tribes were to First Learn, then teach the Gentiles…<—-> THAT failed….then the Task was “given” the Jewish Apostles…<—> THAT appeared to be having a good start….UNTIL the uproars Against Jesus and the deaths of the Appointed apostles….An obvious SPLIT between Jews and Gentiles…and centuries of wars thereafter and the continuing SPLIT and conflicts….

Secular Nations supposed “peace” talks, accords, diplomacy will Never Solve the “Spiritual” issue. <—> THAT resolution will happen at the end of days WHEN Christ Jesus is ruling His Earthly Kingdom.

God Bless,
Taken

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While Many count Paul to be the replacement for Judas Iscariot, Paul himself did not.

1 Corinthians 15:1-6 KJV
1) Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2) By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3) For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4) And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
5) And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
6) After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

Paul did not include himself among the twelve.

1 Corinthians 15:7-8 KJV
7) After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
8) And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

Paul was the Apostle to the gentiles, and was not counted as one of the 12.

Much love!
Possibly. It is an interesting poser to think about. That God had Paul in mind and the 11 chose Matthias. Whether true or not, Matthias was a duly appointed Apostle and so was Paul.

Reactions: marks

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While Many count Paul to be the replacement for Judas Iscariot, Paul himself did not.

1 Corinthians 15:1-6 KJV
1) Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2) By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3) For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4) And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
5) And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
6) After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

Paul did not include himself among the twelve.

1 Corinthians 15:7-8 KJV
7) After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
8) And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

Paul was the Apostle to the gentiles, and was not counted as one of the 12.

Much love!

The 12th apostle expressly appoint by Jesus was Saul/Paul.

Sort of a mystery, the 12th name of the apostles of the Lamb that shall be on the foundation.

On the 12 gates shall be the names of the 12 tribes of Israel.

The 12 - apostles, eh minus deflector Judas, were sent out to preach to the tribes, and not the Gentiles. (Seems a bit of a muck up occurred, not only preaching to Gentiles, but appointing Gentiles in high positions)…hummm
(Matt 10:56)

Paul was sent out to preach to the Gentiles, the kings, and the Tribes.
(Acts 9:15)

God Bless You,
Taken