The two resurrections of Revelation 20 are right here in John 5

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It shows the first one is with the Reborn (former dead spirits) ...with JESUS having authority to cause Judgment ...right now.

------------
Resurrection One
------------
[Jhn 5:25 KJV]
Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
[Jhn 5:26 KJV]
For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
[Jhn 5:27 KJV]
And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
------------
Resurrection Two
This one doesn't say "and now is":
a dead spirit is different than being physically dead in a grave.
------------
[Jhn 5:28 KJV]
Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
[Jhn 5:29 KJV]
And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
[Jhn 5:30 KJV]
I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
[Jhn 5:31 KJV]
If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
[Jhn 5:32 KJV]
There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.

-------------------------------------------------

Revelation 3:11 "Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown."
Revelation 3:3 "Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you."
Revelation 3:5 "He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the book of Life..."

Those that don't watch for themselves falling into sin will have JESUS coming upon them like a thief ...to Judge ... right now ...not at the end of time.
You're overlooking this part of John 5:25

"... they that hear shall live."

This proves that there will be some who do not, and cannot, hear.

Jesus speaks of this in John 10:26-27. Again, in John 5:24, He says "He that heareth". Not all can hear Him.

He makes this clear in John 8:43, John 8:45 and John 8:47.

Therefore, not all are capable of hearing His shout upon His return 1 Thessalonians 4:16 because not all are His sheep.

Last edited:

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[Eph 5:14 KJV]
Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[Eph 5:14 KJV]
Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
Only those with resurrection life are just sleeping. Everyone else is like dust in the wind.

Like the flower that fades and is gone. A brief wisp of smoke; here now, gone tomorrow.

That's how the Bible describes the wicked man. You will look for him and not find him.

"A little while, and the wicked will be no more; though you look for them, they will not be found." Psalms 37:10

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It shows the first one is with the Reborn (former dead spirits) ...with JESUS having authority to cause Judgment ...right now.

------------
Resurrection One
------------
[Jhn 5:25 KJV]
Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
[Jhn 5:26 KJV]
For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
[Jhn 5:27 KJV]
And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
You know Jesus raised Lazarus in the first part of John 5 right? So, he is not saying it NOW IS as per the coming First Resurrection per se, he's saying I NOW have the power, he's not saying I will NOW DO IT. He told them this so they would understand his power came from God the Father, because he (Jesus) was God the Redeemer (Yeshua means Salvation).

The First Resurrection happens at the Pre Trib Rapture. The Second Resurrection happens after the 1000 year reign of Jesus, that is the wicked being raised in order to be judged. Even though at tat time Jesus had that power, he was only going to use it when he returns for the Pre Trib Rapture, and then after his 1000 year reign.