The two resurrections of Revelation 20 are right here in John 5

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It shows the first one is with the Reborn (former dead spirits) ...with JESUS having authority to cause Judgment ...right now.

------------
Resurrection One
------------
[Jhn 5:25 KJV]
Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
[Jhn 5:26 KJV]
For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
[Jhn 5:27 KJV]
And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
------------
Resurrection Two
This one doesn't say "and now is":
a dead spirit is different than being physically dead in a grave.
------------
[Jhn 5:28 KJV]
Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
[Jhn 5:29 KJV]
And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
[Jhn 5:30 KJV]
I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
[Jhn 5:31 KJV]
If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
[Jhn 5:32 KJV]
There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.

-------------------------------------------------

Revelation 3:11 "Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown."
Revelation 3:3 "Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you."
Revelation 3:5 "He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the book of Life..."

Those that don't watch for themselves falling into sin will have JESUS coming upon them like a thief ...to Judge ... right now ...not at the end of time.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The John 5:25-27 example was for the time of Christ's crucifixion and resurrection. Per 1 Peter 3 and 1 Peter 4, Jesus went to the "spirits in prison" (in the heavenly) and preached The Gospel to them, and led out those who believed out of that prison house. At His crucifixion some of the saints came out of their graves and appeared to many in Jerusalem.

But the John 5:28-29 Scripture is for the day of Christ's future return on the "last trump", and the time of the general resurrection of both the Just and the unjust.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which is NOT at the time of Jesus Return, but AFTER the Millennium; Revelation 20:11-15

i see the following as 70 A.D. ...but even if a Premill wants it to be the end of time ...it still ruins their thousand years.

Matthew 19:28
And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
i see the following as 70 A.D. ...but even if a Premill wants it to be the end of time ...it still ruins their thousand years.

Matthew 19:28
And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
Neither Revelation 20:4a, or Matthew 19:28, say when they will happen.
Revelation 20:11-15 plainly places the Judgment of everyone who has ever lived, after the Millennium.

The general sequence of Revelation will take place as stated. The next event will be the Sixth Seal world changer.
There is no rapture to heaven, except for the two Witnesses and they just meet Jesus in the clouds and get resurrected on earth, along with all the GT martyrs. Revelation 20:4

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It shows the first one is with the Reborn (former dead spirits) ...with JESUS having authority to cause Judgment ...right now.

------------
Resurrection One
------------
[Jhn 5:25 KJV]
Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
[Jhn 5:26 KJV]
For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
[Jhn 5:27 KJV]
And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
------------
Resurrection Two
This one doesn't say "and now is":
a dead spirit is different than being physically dead in a grave.
------------
[Jhn 5:28 KJV]
Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
[Jhn 5:29 KJV]
And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
[Jhn 5:30 KJV]
I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
[Jhn 5:31 KJV]
If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
[Jhn 5:32 KJV]
There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.

Interesting, this does seem to follow the pattern in Rev 20, 1st a resurrection of the saints to life, and 2nd a resurrection of all who remain, perhaps saint and sinner, to complete judgment on earth.

Reactions: pittsburghjoe

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which is NOT at the time of Jesus Return, but AFTER the Millennium; Revelation 20:11-15

Which MOST CERTAINLY IS the time of Jesus' future return on the LAST DAY of this world.

It's obvious that you DO NOT KNOW YOUR NEW TESTAMENT SCRIPTURES. Others can see that too in your posts, which mostly stay in the Old Testament, and thus reveal your limited understanding of the New Testament doctrines of Christ's Church.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither Revelation 20:4a, or Matthew 19:28, say when they will happen.
Revelation 20:11-15 plainly places the Judgment of everyone who has ever lived, after the Millennium.

The general sequence of Revelation will take place as stated. The next event will be the Sixth Seal world changer.
There is no rapture to heaven, except for the two Witnesses and they just meet Jesus in the clouds and get resurrected on earth, along with all the GT martyrs. Revelation 20:4

"in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory,"

Premills want the Son of Man sitting on His Throne for a thousand years Before a regeneration.

The Age of the Jews ended in 70 A.D. Heaven and Earth ended. You don't seem to care that this ruins your thousand years.

What do you think this was about?

Matthew 24:34-35
Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you guys understand that to be Premill, you are declaring that The Son is not currently sitting in His Throne at The Right Hand of The Father?

Reactions: APAK and ScottA

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Which MOST CERTAINLY IS the time of Jesus' future return on the LAST DAY of this world.

It's obvious that you DO NOT KNOW YOUR NEW TESTAMENT SCRIPTURES. Others can see that too in your posts, which mostly stay in the Old Testament, and thus reveal your limited understanding of the New Testament doctrines of Christ's Church.
What is obvious is how you accuse people without proofs and with no knowledge of their actual understanding.
Having your beliefs challenged, seems to bring out nasty and unfounded accusations. Your bad.

Luke 17:29-30 On the day that Sodom was destroyed, fire and Sulphur rained upon them and killed them all. It will be like that again when the Son of Man is revealed. Amos 4:11-12
Matthew 24:37-42 As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be when the Son of Man comes. In the days before the flood, they ate, drank and married until the day that Noah entered the ark, they knew nothing until the flood came and swept them all away. That is how it will be again when the Son of Man comes. In His vengeance and wrath, not in His glory.
Genesis 9:11-14 My covenant to never again destroy all living creatures by a flood is confirmed by the sign of the rainbow.
Deuteronomy 32:22 & 34-35 I have sealed in My storehouse, ready for the Day of punishment and vengeance, a fire that will be set ablaze by My anger. It will envelope the world in flames, burning to the depths of the earth. Jeremiah 50:25
Psalm 110:1-6....I shall make Your enemies Your footstool....In glorious majesty, You judge the nations, shattering the wicked throughout the world.

Isaiah 24:18-23 On that Day, the Lord will punish in heaven the host of heaven and on earth the leaders of the nations are caught and punished. The sun and moon will be darkened, for the glory of the Lord will be in Jerusalem and is revealed to the elders of His people.
2 Peter 3:5-7 & 10....the world before Noah was destroyed by a great flood. Now, by God’s Word the present heavens and earth are reserved for burning, kept for the Day of judgement when the godless will be destroyed. That Day will come unexpectedly, the sky will dissipate with a great noise and the earth will be enveloped in flames. All its inhabitants will be tested.
Isaiah 66:1-6 My people are oppressed and afflicted and evil people displease Me, they say: Let the Lord come, we do not believe in Him. Therefore, the noise you can hear is the Lord dealing retribution to His foes. Romans 1:18, Hebrews 10:27
Matthew 24:40-44 There will be two men in a field, one will be taken the other left, two women at the mill, one will be taken, the other left. Keep awake, therefore for the Lord will come unexpectedly.
Isaiah 63:1-6 The Lord comes from the godless nations, in His power and majesty, He tramples them in His fury, their blood spills out and splashes His garments.

At the Return He comes in blood splashed garments. Revelation 19:13
2 Thessalonians 1:6-10...the Day the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in flaming fire….He will reveal His glory among all believers. Revelation 14:1
What we can understand from the above Bible passages, is that the Day of the Lord, when the Son of Man takes action, is not Jesus’ Return as the Word of God, for the Millennium reign. At the Return: ‘all will see Him’, not as in this Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath, where He is not seen: Psalms 18:11, Luke 3:17, but ‘His glory will be revealed to all believers’. 2 Thessalonians 1:10

God promised to ‘never again flood the earth’, but He has ‘stored up a fire that will envelope the earth in flames’, a worldwide judgement/punishment, vividly described by all the prophets.
This terrible fire and devastation will come upon the world unexpectedly, ‘While they are saying: All is peaceful, all secure, then destruction is upon them’. 1 Thess. 5:3 Huge numbers will be killed by the fire, earthquakes and the resulting famines afterward. Jeremiah 9:22, Isaiah 34:1-8, Ezekiel 30:2-5
The Lord is not seen on that Day, but His people are saved and protected, [not raptured] Isaiah 30:26b, Isaiah 43:2, Zechariah 9:5-16
Then, as in Ezekiel 20:33-38...by My outpoured wrath, [The Day of wrath] I shall bring you out of the nations and gather you back to Israel. The Lord is: ‘Waiting to show you His favour’, and to bless His true believing people as they fulfill the promises to the Patriarchs and their destiny: ‘to be a light to the nations’. Isaiah 49:8, Matthew 5:4-16

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is obvious is how you accuse people without proofs and with no knowledge of their actual understanding.
Having your beliefs challenged, seems to bring out nasty and unfounded accusations. Your bad.

All you know to do is pull out single verses here and there and assign YOUR OWN MEANING to them out of the CONTEXT of the Chapters where they appear.

That is why you REFUSE to recognize that Christ's "as a thief" metaphor that He used is the SAME timing as the "day of the Lord" that Paul and Peter said comes "as a thief in the night", which Peter showed is when God's consuming fire will burn man's works off this earth.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Your belief is a joke, Davy.
What 'thief' comes thru the clouds, riding on a white horse and accompanied by the host of heavens army?

Isaiah 63:1-6 The Lord comes from the godless nations, in His power and majesty, He tramples them in His fury, their blood spills out and splashes His garments.
This verse describes the Lord's Day of vengeance and wrath. He gets His garments splashed in blood then.
Revelation 19:14 He Returns with His garments already splashed in blood.

This is undeniable proof of the Day of wrath happening before the Return. The idea that Jesus Returns in wrath and unexpectedly, is total error and false teaching.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your belief is a joke, Davy.

Your belief based on the JEW'S RELIGION is what is a JOKE. I know you are trying... your best to hide that, but you're not fooling me. You need to repent now while you still have time.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
We must not get personal. My faith is Christian, I have nothing to do with any Jews.
Please address these truths:
What 'thief' comes thru the clouds, riding on a white horse and accompanied by the host of heavens army?

This verse describes the Lord's Day of vengeance and wrath. He gets His garments splashed in blood then.
Revelation 19:14 He Returns with His garments already splashed in blood.

This is undeniable proof of the Day of wrath happening before the Return. The idea that Jesus Returns in wrath and unexpectedly, is total error and false teaching.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you guys understand that to be Premill, you are declaring that The Son is not currently sitting in His Throne at The Right Hand of The Father?

Not True.

The idea of Premill means that at Jesus' future return, right then He begins His "thousand years" reign over the nations with His "rod of iron", along with His elect of Revelation 20.

And it is not difficult to understand Revelation 20 is showing that begins at His future return when rewards are handed out to His faithful servants.

Also, some Revelation 20 events were also mentioned as beginning at Christ's future return in previous Revelation Chapters, like Revelation 2:26-27 where Jesus said those who overcome in Him will reign 'with' Him over the nations with His "rod of iron". That is a definite reference for starting ON the day of His future return, and linked with the "thousand years" reign by Christ written of in Revelation 20.

And it is impossible... to separate the time of Christ's future reign over the nations with the "rod of iron" mentioned in OTHER Scripture, from the SAME event described in Revelation 20.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure sounds like Judgment from CHRIST for the Reborn (First Resurrection: is already a thing):

1 Peter 4:17-19
For it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God? And, “If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?” So then, those who suffer according to God’s will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The First Resurrection of John 5:25!!! Being Reborn!

1 Corinthians 15:34
Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JESUS Came with Angels that go up and down Reborn Jacob's Ladder!

[Mar 8:38 KJV]
Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just like John 5:25:

John 4:23 KJV
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like Rev 20 to me.
1Co 4:8
Now ye are full, now ye are rich, ye have reigned as kings without us: and I would to God ye did reign, that we also might reign with you.