The Two Witnesses Are Not Two Men

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

missourian

Jan 9, 2022
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2_witnesses_not_men-400x223-72ppi.jpg

To read more information on this subject, go to the website:
LOTS Creed, Mark of the Beast, and God's Witness

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The two witnesses are not two men but the two olive trees certainly are. They are the two prophets who lie dead in the streets of Jerusalem for 3.5 days.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2_witnesses_not_men-400x223-72ppi.jpg

To read more information on this subject, go to the website:
LOTS Creed, Mark of the Beast, and God's Witness
The (Two Witnesses) will be literal prophets returned I believe Enoch/Elijah, they will bring literal plagues upon a literal world, a remake of Moses/Aaron against Pharaoh of Egypt

These (Two Witnesses) will have physical bodies that die, and they will lay physically dead in a street in Jerusalem for 3.5 days, a literal world will rejoice, exchanging literal gifts in celebration of their deaths

Revelation 11:3-12KJV
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
11 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

Reactions: ewq1938

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The two witnesses are two churches and two prophets. Revelation 11 only shows the two prophets being dead for 3.5 days.

The (Two Witnesses) will be literal prophets returned I believe Enoch/Elijah, they will bring literal plagues upon a literal world, a remake of Moses/Aaron against Pharaoh of Egypt

These (Two Witnesses) will have physical bodies that die, and they will lay physically dead in a street in Jerusalem for 3.5 days, a literal world will rejoice, exchanging literal gifts in celebration of their deaths

Revelation 11:3-12KJV
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
11 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The two witnesses, Revelation 11:3-13, will be two men, part of the 144,000 selected by Jesus. Revelation 14:1-7
They will probably be the leaders of those missionaries, sent out to all the nations, to proclaim the coming Kingdom of Jesus. Isaiah 66:19
They will have the Seal of God on their foreheads, Revelation 7:3, but God will allow them to be killed, in order for Him to resurrect them.

Mosheli

Jul 2, 2020
Wellington
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Some interesting stuff in the OP's website, but like the others here I don't agree about the 2 witnesses.

"the two witnesses are her youtube channel and her website". This does not agree with my impression of what i read in Revelation and Zechariah where they clearly appear to be two persons. "Witness" also means martyr (Greek) or prophet (Latin).

The one mouth may just mean they speak in agreement as if One.

(I can't see fluman(s) in the Greek or Latin of Revelation 11. Where does this word come in to the text/topic?)

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Luke 16:19-31
New International Version

The Rich Man and Lazarus
19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

The two witnesses will not be two people from the past. Jesus above said that they would not repent even if someone raises from the dead.

Reactions: APAK

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 16:19-31
New International Version

The Rich Man and Lazarus
19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

The two witnesses will not be two people from the past. Jesus above said that they would not repent even if someone raises from the dead.
Are you saying that the two witnesses are Moses and the prophets --the old Testament and perhaps the New? The Scriptures testify of Jesus. That is very interesting

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Are you saying that the two witnesses are Moses and the prophets --the old Testament and perhaps the New? The Scriptures testify of Jesus. That is very interesting
@Cassandra Here's an interesting verse, particularly relevant to how we should handle the Word of God now in this Gospel age:

"But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets" (Romans 3.21).

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mosheli

Jul 2, 2020
Wellington
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Marty I don't think the two witnesses can be the law and the prophets because they seem to be said to be two persons are are killed and later resurrected. But Moses and Elijah can represent the Law and the Prophets respectively. Not that I am saying they definitely will be those two, you might be right about them not being past persons brought/sent back. I remember hearing a few years ago news about "two twits/idiots" preaching in a city which made me think of the 2 witnesses. Jesus sent out the 12 and the 72 by twos. Also the two angels sent to Sodom are a type of the 2 witnesses. Jerusalem is called Sodom & Egypt in Revelation.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Marty I don't think the two witnesses can be the law and the prophets because they seem to be said to be two persons are are killed and later resurrected. But Moses and Elijah can represent the Law and the Prophets respectively. Not that I am saying they definitely will be those two, you might be right about them not being past persons brought/sent back. I remember hearing a few years ago news about "two twits/idiots" preaching in a city which made me think of the 2 witnesses. Jesus sent out the 12 and the 72 by twos. Also the two angels sent to Sodom are a type of the 2 witnesses. Jerusalem is called Sodom & Egypt in Revelation.

This is a study I did on them

I believe the two witnesses to be symbolic of the prophets and the law which point to Jesus. Why does God call them the two witnesses? Why the term witness? That means that they had to witness something. Is it because they witnesses and pointed to Jesus?

It took two witnesses to witness a testimony and two witnesses to witness a crime. Could the testimony be about who Jesus is and the crime be what Israel was guilty of?

Mosses represents the law and like the witnesses turned water into blood and struck the earth with all types of plagues. Elijah represents the prophets and like the witnesses he could shut the sky up so that it couldn’t rain and had fire devour his enemies. These two are the two olive trees and are also the two golden lamp stands the two anointed ones that stand before the lord. This is referred to in Zechariah chapter 4 and Jesus is also the anointed one.

Could the fire out of there mouths be the word that has power to condemn and convict. They are also dressed in sackcloth which represents repentance. Jews reading this would understand the meanings.

They mirror Jesus’ life as they also have a 3 ½ year ministry and can’t be killed until there time has come. They are killed by the beast (which I believe is a demon behind the power of Rome) and Rome also killed Jesus. They are killed in Jerusalem just like Jesus was. They are also dead for 3 ½ days like Jesus was and they are raised back to life and go up to heaven. Both Jesus and the two witnesses had earthquakes around the time of there death and there was also an earthquake when Jesus rose back to life.

Why is it 7000 people that died in the earthquake? Why the number 7000? Is it because 7 is the number of completeness and perfection to God and 1000 means many. It also says in Revelation 11:13 that people gave glory to God after the earthquake just like some people realized that Jesus was the son of God after the earthquake when Jesus died.

Why is Jerusalem also called Sodom and Egypt in Revelation 11:8. Because Sodom represents the morality of Jerusalem and Egypt represents the oppression of Jerusalem.

These two witnesses torment people with the word as there words torment and convicts people just like Jesus words did. The Pharisees were happy when Jesus died because he exposed them for who they were and they may of even gave gifts to one another when they celebrated His death.

Revelation is the unveiling of Jesus and these two witnesses help to reveal to us who Jesus is.

Reactions: APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a study I did on them

I believe the two witnesses to be symbolic of the prophets and the law which point to Jesus. Why does God call them the two witnesses? Why the term witness? That means that they had to witness something. Is it because they witnesses and pointed to Jesus?

It took two witnesses to witness a testimony and two witnesses to witness a crime. Could the testimony be about who Jesus is and the crime be what Israel was guilty of?

Mosses represents the law and like the witnesses turned water into blood and struck the earth with all types of plagues. Elijah represents the prophets and like the witnesses he could shut the sky up so that it couldn’t rain and had fire devour his enemies. These two are the two olive trees and are also the two golden lamp stands the two anointed ones that stand before the lord. This is referred to in Zechariah chapter 4 and Jesus is also the anointed one.

Could the fire out of there mouths be the word that has power to condemn and convict. They are also dressed in sackcloth which represents repentance. Jews reading this would understand the meanings.

They mirror Jesus’ life as they also have a 3 ½ year ministry and can’t be killed until there time has come. They are killed by the beast (which I believe is a demon behind the power of Rome) and Rome also killed Jesus. They are killed in Jerusalem just like Jesus was. They are also dead for 3 ½ days like Jesus was and they are raised back to life and go up to heaven. Both Jesus and the two witnesses had earthquakes around the time of there death and there was also an earthquake when Jesus rose back to life.

Why is it 7000 people that died in the earthquake? Why the number 7000? Is it because 7 is the number of completeness and perfection to God and 1000 means many. It also says in Revelation 11:13 that people gave glory to God after the earthquake just like some people realized that Jesus was the son of God after the earthquake when Jesus died.

Why is Jerusalem also called Sodom and Egypt in Revelation 11:8. Because Sodom represents the morality of Jerusalem and Egypt represents the oppression of Jerusalem.

These two witnesses torment people with the word as there words torment and convicts people just like Jesus words did. The Pharisees were happy when Jesus died because he exposed them for who they were and they may of even gave gifts to one another when they celebrated His death.

Revelation is the unveiling of Jesus and these two witnesses help to reveal to us who Jesus is.
This is par Excellence work Mr. Fox...very very close to my studies on this subject...like minded in many ways...

Reactions: Marty fox

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is par Excellence work Mr. Fox...very very close to my studies on this subject...like minded in many ways...

Thank you

Revelation is a about the revelation of Jesus who He is and what He did. He is God and He ushered in the new covenant.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you

Revelation is a about the revelation of Jesus who He is and what He did. He is God and He ushered in the new covenant.
Revelation about Christ indeed, although not God Almighty by a long shot. I'm not a trinitarian follower, only the Son of God, of the Father

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don't know who the 2 witnesses are but they are not dead people long gone, they are two witnesses of God, and yes they are people. They must be in the future but that is unclear as the resurrection happened in Christ's time and they could have already been raised from the dead in the place Jesus was crucified.