The Tyranny of Politeness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, a racist is "a person who is prejudiced against or antagonistic toward people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or margianilized."

So, since I don't agree with you, does that make me a racist? You are the one who wrote "a spade is a spade is a spade"; not very disguised racism. It goes goes along with your disdain for everyone who isn't a white, conservative, "real" Christian, i.e., a clone of you.
Gays , and etc are not being targeted because of their race jim . ITS THE LIES JIM .
SEE they know how to shut down speech jim .
And you bought it . THAT is also why they use those groups so much .
Cause if i speak against homosexuality , or if i speak against one who supports yalls beliefs
IF that person be black , BANG you call it racism . NOT JIM its exposing a lie .
THE blacks might sure be a minority. BUT i dont go after blacks for being black .
I HAPPEN TO KNOW some black true christains jimmy , AND I SURE AINT EXPOSING THEM .
YOU bought a lie . a lie . and that is how they, as in the elites gain all power now . THEY KNOW what they are doing jim .
THEY cant beat us through dialogoue jim . They cant . SO what to do , ACCUSE THEM ALL OF BEING RACIST , that is what they do
and they taught YOU to do the same . AND the folks are catching on to you JIM .
Every day more and more of what you believe is coming out .
OH you forgot i REMEMBER THINGS .
YOU try and play like you had to look up what social gospel meant .
YET YOU TEACH THE MOST STRIGENT of its beliefs . YOU cant even be honest jim .
AND FOLKS are seeing this jim . YOU better run and run fast and start deleting your posts to me .
Cause i have them in memory jim . MY MIND just remembers stuff jim .
I cant help it .
A man once came into my store .
years ago . I had asked him for ID jim .
One day he didnt have it .
SO i said its okay and i rattled off his birthday and his DL number . HE was totally shocked and said how do you remember that .
I TOLD HIM i was a freak , and folks asked me that often . cause they did jim .
I could remember check numbers , numbers jim , dl numbers of customers . I cant help it jim . I have always remembered things .
I know your posts jim . YOU BETTER RUN FAST and start deleting things . cause folks are gonna figure you out .
I know you jim . and i know those tatics of the social gospel well . AS I said , i cant help it jim . I READ things , I REMEMBER THEM .
You better start being honest , or i am gonna expose you for what you are .
I am so sorry i have to say that . BUT You are not listening to me . I am NOT YOUR ENEMMY JIM
I am JUST trying to help YOU JIM . BUT STOP WITH THE NONSENSE .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CODED messages . What a joke . YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE because KETURAH said a SPADE is A SPADE
that because a spade is black her message is against blacks . CONSPIRACY NUT STUFF JIM .
And yet you accuse us of following conspiracy theories .
PS , the same folks like me who criticize Oprah wimphrey , CRITICIZE an old white man called pope francis .
ITS NOT THE SKIN TONE pard . ITS THE LIES and the liars i go after .
You have truly been brain washed . IF its racial to expose a black woman who is false
THEN YOU JUST SET YOURSELF UP BIG TIME . What are you saying that EVERY BLACK PERSON
cannot be wrong and must THUS be never spoken against . IN ESSENCE YOU ARE .
YOU have TRULY bought the social justice FALSE satanic lie jim .
Yall have been decieved big time . You bought the lie that folks who didnt vote for obama didnt do so
CAUSE HE IS BLACK and thus we racial . HEY JIM , you gonna say that same thing
if i exposed candace owens . OH WAIT , NO YOU WOULD NOT . cause though she be black
ITS HER IDEOLOGUE you hate . WELL GUESS WHAT JIM . ITS the same for me
ITS NOT THE COLOR or race i hate . ITS THEIR JUNK they preach and believe in .
WAIT a minute i just realized , sarchamsm of course , what the problem is
ITS called HYPROCRISY JIM . YOU have zero problem going against blacks or jews or anyone of any color
IF THEY DONT agree with your junk . BUT ME , man if i do it , I AM RACIST . JIM you have bought a lie my friend .
AND ME THINKS , forgive the english jim , THE folks here are catching on to you .
YOU ARE DRUNK! It's obvious!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gays , and etc are not being targeted because of their race jim . ITS THE LIES JIM .
And you bought it . THAT is also why they use those groups so much .
Cause if i speak against homosexuality , or if i speak against one who supports yalls beliefs
IF that person be black , BANG you call it racism . NOT JIM its exposing a lie .
THE blacks might sure be a minority. BUT i dont go after blacks for being black .
I HAPPEN TO KNOW some black true christains jimmy , AND I SURE AINT EXPOSING THEM .
YOU bought a lie . a lie . and that is how they, as in the elites gain all power now . THEY KNOW what they are doing jim .
THEY cant beat us through dialogoue jim . They cant . SO what to do , ACCUSE THEM ALL OF BEING RACIST , that is what they do
and they taught YOU to do the same . AND the folks are catching on to you JIM .
Every day more and more of what you believe is coming out .
OH you forgot i REMEMBER THINGS .
YOU try and play like you had to look up what social gospel meant .
YET YOU TEACH THE MOST STRIGENT of its beliefs . YOU cant even be honest jim .
AND FOLKS are seeing this jim . YOU better run and run fast and start deleting your posts to me .
Cause i have them in memory jim . MY MIND just remembers stuff jim .
I cant help it .
A man once came into my store .
years ago . I had asked him for ID jim .
One day he didnt have it .
SO i said its okay and i rattled off his birthday and his DL number . HE was totally shocked and said how do you remember that .
I TOLD HIM i was a freak , and folks asked me that often . cause they did jim .
I could remember check numbers , numbers jim , dl numbers of customers . I cant help it jim . I have always remembered things .
I know your posts jim . YOU BETTER RUN FAST and start deleting things . cause folks are gonna figure you out .
I know you jim . and i know those tatics of the social gospel well . AS I said , i cant help it jim . I READ things , I REMEMBER THEM .
You better start being honest , or i am gonna expose you for what you are .
I am so sorry i have to say that . BUT You are not listening to me . I am NOT YOUR ENEMMY JIM
I am JUST trying to help YOU JIM . BUT STOP WITH THE NONSENSE .
YOU ARE DRUNK!!! IT IS OBVIOUS!

Here is proof: " I am NOT YOUR ENEMMY [sic] JIM
I am JUST trying to help YOU JIM . BUT STOP WITH THE NONSENSE ."

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU ARE DRUNK!!! IT IS OBVIOUS!

Here is proof: " I am NOT YOUR ENEMMY [sic] JIM
I am JUST trying to help YOU JIM . BUT STOP WITH THE NONSENSE ."
Hey jim , if my fast typing of enemy or nonsense makes you think i am drunk .
Then simply know and understand , no , it just means i type fast . just like i have always said .
I type the same morning , noon and night .
And due to the fact i have often had bible reads with many , YOU ASK THEM IF I AM DRUNK .
Sorry jim . your tatics dont work . NOW Stick to THE SUBJECT .
Plus if i am drunk as you say , ITS REAL SAD that i can STILL remember things you either cant
from our own conversations .
Hey jim , if i be a DRUNK red neck who in your eyes has at most a first grade level education
YET can still remember things far better than you appear to be doing . What on earth would that say about you .
NOW , since i refuse to demean your education . And accuse you of being slow witted .
WHY Dont ya tell me , WHY you play as though you dont know much about the social gospel
and had to look it up . And about progressive ,
WHEN you have , IN TIMES past defended the heck out of it . THEN acted like you didnt know about it .
THEN Every time you speak YOU SOUND and teach JUST LIKE IT .
Dont forget jim , i learned about them , ME REMEMBERS THINGS .
And i refuse to think you are that dumb . You remember . You aint fooling me jim
NOW it does fool others . ON that i do agree . But not lambs jim .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey jim , if my fast typing of enemy or nonsense makes you think i am drunk .
Then simply know and understand , no , it just means i type fast . just like i have always said .
I type the same morning , noon and night .
And due to the fact i have often had bible reads with many , YOU ASK THEM IF I AM DRUNK .
Sorry jim . your tatics dont work . NOW Stick to THE SUBJECT .
Plus if i am drunk as you say , ITS REAL SAD that i can STILL remember things you either cant
from our own conversations .
Hey jim , if i be a DRUNK red neck who in your eyes has at most a first grade level education
YET can still remember things far better than you appear to be doing . What on earth would that say about you .
NOW , since i refuse to demean your education . And accuse you of being slow witted .
WHY Dont ya tell me , WHY you play as though you dont know much about the social gospel
and had to look it up . And about progressive ,
WHEN you have , IN TIMES past defended the heck out of it . THEN acted like you didnt know about it .
THEN Every time you speak YOU SOUND and teach JUST LIKE IT .
Dont forget jim , i learned about them , ME REMEMBERS THINGS .
And i refuse to think you are that dumb . You remember . You aint fooling me jim
NOW it does fool others . ON that i do agree . But not lambs jim .
You keep referring to the social gospel, YET YOU HAVE NEVER DEFINED IT. Since it's obvious that you can't give a definition of what the term means, I looked it up AND IT IS NOT WHAT YOU DESCRIBE. So, it's a made-up term that you won't define. Why not? Is it just a term that you heard from some other redneck and thought it matched your bigotry?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey jim try sticking to the subject .
I would happily stick to the subject, but it's obvious that you can't. You're "all over the place", which is why I think that you're drunk.

And also, you write "Hey jim , if my fast typing of enemy or nonsense makes you think i am drunk.
I type the same morning , noon and night ." That is a lame excuse. I actually doubt that you can write reasonably-correct English.

The purpose of writing reasonably-correct English is to communicate your thoughts accurately. It's consideration for the person reading what you wrote. If you're so self-centered that you don't care (which seems to be the case), that says a lot about who you are.

Suppose your beloved King James translators were as sloppy as you?

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he may have confused racism with homophobia
No, I didn't. I know the difference between the two, even though they are both forms of bigotry.

John spells it out clearly: For God so loved the world... but bigots do not. God didn't send His son to condemn the world.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gays , and etc are not being targeted because of their race jim .

They are being targeted because there are people who choose to hate them just for being who they are just like there are people who choose to hate black people just because of who they are.

ITS THE LIES JIM .
They pass laws making it a crime for teachers to talk about it....oh wait that is what conservatives do.

• Love
Reactions: Jim B

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, the question is: how do you handle this growing tyranny of politeness?
Good question. When it comes to gender pronouns, If I see a stranger, Im going to simply guess based on what sex I think they are just to get by. I feel like that's all that can be reasonably expected of strangers.

If they correct me and say, "My pronouns are ____", I think I would just ask to call them by their name. Pronouns aren't limited to he, she, they, their, etc. They can be literally anything and no, I don't think it means you hate trans people if you don't desire to go along with it.

People are just such bastions of love and tolerance except for the moment your worldview doesn't line up with theirs. If you can love and accept the differences in trans people, why not extend some grace to conservatives or anyone who simply doesn't want to use the pronouns? Why project the worst on to them just based on that one thing?

"Anybody who won't use pronouns is a hateful bigot." Isn't that judgmental?

When did we get to this place where disagreeing with someone means you hate them and it just becomes an endless cycle?

Free speech is important to me. Does that mean that words can't hurt? Of course not. But what if someone shouted the n-word at me in the street? If I go ruin their whole life, their career and everything, will that change their racism? Or if I respond with dignity and pray for them as Jesus taught, maybe that would have the bigger impact.

Maybe this conversation was destined to go nowhere and it was silly to comment. But the reality is, people are not going to agree on everything and demonizing those who do not think like you, no matter what political side you're on, changes no one.

Reactions: Wrangler

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good question. When it comes to gender pronouns, If I see a stranger, Im going to simply guess based on what sex I think they are just to get by. I feel like that's all that can be reasonably expected of strangers.

If they correct me and say, "My pronouns are ____", I think I would just ask to call them by their name. Pronouns aren't limited to he, she, they, their, etc. They can be literally anything and no, I don't think it means you hate trans people if you don't desire to go along with it.

People are just such bastions of love and tolerance except for the moment your worldview doesn't line up with theirs. If you can love and accept the differences in trans people, why not extend some grace to conservatives or anyone who simply doesn't want to use the pronouns? Why project the worst on to them just based on that one thing?

When did we get to this place where disagreeing with someone means you hate them and it just becomes an endless cycle?

Free speech is important to me. Does that mean that words can't hurt? Of course not. But what if someone shouted the n-word at me in the street? If I go ruin their whole life, their career and everything, will that change their racism? Or if I respond with dignity and pray for them as Jesus taught, maybe that would have the bigger impact.

Maybe this conversation was destined to go nowhere and it was silly to comment. But the reality is, people are not going to agree on everything and demonizing those who do not think like you, no matter what political side you're on, changes no one.
Why not just call people what they want to be called instead of what you want to call them?

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why not just call people what they want to be called instead of what you want to call them?
Because I don't agree with them that gender identity is a choice and shouldn't be controlled along those lines. Ive learned in life that there's more to actually valuing people then simply going along with everything they want.

Ive seen people insist that they are losers and weirdos and I am never going to agree with them. It has nothing to with me hating that person because Im not going along with what they prefer at that time.

If changing your gender pronouns is a valid choice, people should not have to be coerced, bullied, labeled, threatened, or controlled to go along with it. They can choose to go along voluntarily but it is still their choice in the end. People have the option to express their preferences. How others respond is their choice. Coercing one group of people doesn't do anything to foster real acceptance or respect of another group of people. It just breeds resentment. No one likes being controlled.

My preference is to not have to use the myriad gender pronouns. Why can't the trans community just respect my preferences?

The assumption is that their preferences are more important than my mine. What if we just acknowledged that in life, people are not always going to have their preferences met and not expect to be able to ruin each others lives over it?

It is a legitimate problem if laws get involved that punish you for not going along with gender pronouns.

Do you believe that people should be harassed or have legal consequences for not using pronouns? If so, then why?

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But no one is saying that - so what does that make your statement? Dignified?

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But no one is saying that - so what does that make your statement? Dignified?
No one is saying what?

Hateful? Bigot?

Wrangler was accused of being both in this thread.

The point of the op was that it's tyranny to enforce gender pronouns with the law and people's jobs on the line. If you believe that people should be coerced somehow into using other's pronouns, can you explain why?

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because I don't agree with them that gender identity is a choice and shouldn't be controlled along those lines. Ive learned in life that there's more to actually valuing people then simply going along with everything they want.

Ive seen people insist that they are losers and weirdos and I am never going to agree with them. It has nothing to with me hating that person because Im not going along with what they prefer at that time.
If changing your gender pronouns is a valid choice, people should not have to be coerced, bullied, labeled, threatened, or controlled to go along with it. They can choose to go along voluntarily but it is still their choice in the end. People have the option to express their preferences. How others respond is their choice. Coercing one group of people doesn't do anything to foster real acceptance or respect of another group of people. It just breeds resentment. No one likes being controlled.

Imagine a teacher in the school near you refuses to use the term black or African American and instead insists on using the N-Word because they believe that people of color are social and moral inferiors to whites and they refuse to just go along with what the black students in the class would prefer to be called and refuse to be coerced. How supportive of that teacher would you be?
My preference is to not have to use the myriad gender pronouns. Why can't the trans community just respect my preferences?
They have a preference as to what they would like to be called. Why can't you just respect their preferences? Are your preferences more important than theirs?

Reactions: Jim B

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The assumption is that their preferences are more important than my mine. What if we just acknowledged that in life, people are not always going to have their preferences met and not expect to be able to ruin each others lives over it?

It is a legitimate problem if laws get involved that punish you for not going along with gender pronouns.

Do you believe that people should be harassed or have legal consequences for not using pronouns? If so, then why?

Aren't you going a little bit off the "deep end"?

You're writing that if changing your gender pronouns is a valid choice, people should not have to be coerced, bullied, labeled, threatened, or controlled to go along with it. They can choose to go along voluntarily but it is still their choice in the end. People have the option to express their preferences.

Since by your profile you are a woman of color, should the same standard be applied to you? People can call you by whatever derogatory racist term that they choose and that's okay? I am a Jew, and I certainly don't want derogatory slurs used to reference me.

It seems that your problem is with gender not vocabulary.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Imagine a teacher in the school near you refuses to use the term black or African American and instead insists on using the N-Word because they believe that people of color are social and moral inferiors to whites and they refuse to just go along with what the black students in the class would prefer to be called and refuse to be coerced. How supportive of that teacher would you be?

They have a preference as to what they would like to be called. Why can't you just respect their preferences? Are your preferences more important than yours?
Let's assume that teacher wouldn't be fired immediately and free speech over protecting feelings is still a valued thing. I don't have to support that teacher any more than I have to force them to stop using the n-word. I don't have to go to their classroom or support them using the n-word. But I don't have to get them fired and prevent them from working either.

Life isn't fair but controlling people's actions isn't always the best solution. I might become their best student just to spite them. I don't have to respond to people's racism by ruining their lives. I don't believe I have the right to ruin someone's life over their prejudice. Itd be way more satisfying to become the best student and force them to have to acknowledge my work and move on, personally.

I think in your second paragraph you meant, are my preferences more important than theirs? No, neither groups preferences are more important in this situation. I think we should respect people's individual decisions whenever possible even if we dislike them because that's the only outcome that doesn't lead to one group having way too much power. That means it's a choice just like a racist teacher still gets a choice a choice and how I respond as a student is a choice.