The Tyranny of Politeness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Aren't you going a little bit off the "deep end"?

You're writing that if changing your gender pronouns is a valid choice, people should not have to be coerced, bullied, labeled, threatened, or controlled to go along with it. They can choose to go along voluntarily but it is still their choice in the end. People have the option to express their preferences.

Since by your profile you are a woman of color, should the same standard be applied to you? People can call you by whatever derogatory racist term that they choose and that's okay? I am a Jew, and I certainly don't want derogatory slurs used to reference me.

It seems that your problem is with gender not vocabulary.
Saying people should be allowed to say what they want without legal consequences is not the same as saying it's morally okay.

I don't want someone calling me the n-word. But they have a right to say it without getting their lives ruined, not being able to work, etc. People should be allowed to do things we don't like and find offensive and it not result in the government ruining their lives.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since by your profile you are a woman of color, should the same standard be applied to you?
Yes and I stand by that. I don't enjoy prejudiced attitudes but Im not into controlling people either.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"My pronouns are ____"
I really don't care what other people's pronouns are - it does not dictate my use of language. The whole thing is an affront to not only what is true (male of female) but to speaking the actual truth - as opposed to what mentally ill people would prefer the truth to be (in the moment).
Free speech is important to me. Does that mean that words can't hurt? Of course not. But what if someone shouted the n-word at me in the street?
This never made any sense to me what so ever.
  1. Why would anyone give another person the power over them that if they use a certain word, the hearer loses their mind?
  2. Also, why is it that people so named call each other that and that is OK?
It shows the word does not actually have the power claimed. Finally,
3. Black people cannot run around legitimately calling for 'equality but be accommodated' -in any capacity, including in restricting the speech of non-Black people, who have no power to equally restrict Black people speech.​

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really don't care what other people's pronouns are - it does not dictate my use of language. The whole thing is an affront to not only what is true (male of female) but to speaking the actual truth - as opposed to what mentally ill people would prefer the truth to be (in the moment).

This never made any sense to me what so ever.
  1. Why would anyone give another person the power over them that if they use a certain word, the hearer loses their mind?
  2. Also, why is it that people so named call each other that and that is OK?
It shows the word does not actually have the power claimed. Finally,
3. Black people cannot run around legitimately calling for 'equality but be accommodated' -in any capacity, including in restricting the speech of non-Black people, who have no power to equally restrict Black people speech.​

Let's not restrict anybody's speech unnecessarily. Offensive or not. It's better if people learn to deal with the reality that people aren't always going to accomodate you---whether that be right or wrong--- then use government resources to police people's speech.

I have a better chance at impacting a racist by being Christlike than adopting a victim mindset. Life is hard for everybody, white, male, black, female, whatever. I agree that at some point, you have to stop giving people the power to make you miserable with words and actions outside of your control.

Reactions: Wrangler

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that at some point, you have to stop giving people the power to make you miserable with words and actions outside of your control.
In the show The Chosen, Jesus did not call Mary by her ‘preferred’ name Lilith but by her true name. It was a powerful scene.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, neither groups preferences are more important in this situation. I think we should respect people's individual decisions whenever possible even if we dislike them because that's the only outcome that doesn't lead to one group having way too much power.
You say this but you also want the preferences of trans people to take a back seat to yours "Why can't the trans community just respect my preferences?"
Again: why cant you just respect the trans community's preference?

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hey jim , if my fast typing of enemy or nonsense makes you think i am drunk .
Then simply know and understand , no , it just means i type fast . just like i have always said .
I type the same morning , noon and night .
And due to the fact i have often had bible reads with many , YOU ASK THEM IF I AM DRUNK .
Sorry jim . your tatics dont work . NOW Stick to THE SUBJECT .
Plus if i am drunk as you say , ITS REAL SAD that i can STILL remember things you either cant
from our own conversations .
Hey jim , if i be a DRUNK red neck who in your eyes has at most a first grade level education
YET can still remember things far better than you appear to be doing . What on earth would that say about you .
NOW , since i refuse to demean your education . And accuse you of being slow witted .
WHY Dont ya tell me , WHY you play as though you dont know much about the social gospel
and had to look it up . And about progressive ,
WHEN you have , IN TIMES past defended the heck out of it . THEN acted like you didnt know about it .
THEN Every time you speak YOU SOUND and teach JUST LIKE IT .
Dont forget jim , i learned about them , ME REMEMBERS THINGS .
And i refuse to think you are that dumb . You remember . You aint fooling me jim
NOW it does fool others . ON that i do agree . But not lambs jim .
Brother doesn’t drink alcohol.
Now let the Lord be praised.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why cant you just respect the trans community's preference?
Because this "respect" you seek is disrespect of the truth, disrespect of other people's freedom in a cowardly response to appease mental illness. To summarize;
  1. Deniers such as yourself abuse language by calling disrespect "respect" in a sad attempt to use shaming language.
  2. This reveals that deniers moral poles are reversed.
  3. It also reveals deniers attempt at emotional manipulation to shame people into doing evil as you do.
  4. Deniers an enemy of truth.
  5. Deniers leverage false science as an authority, denying actual science of XX and XY chromosomes, which are object determinants and not dependent on the subject's feelings.
  6. Deniers are an enemy of freedom for others.
  7. Only a coward would sacrifice morality, truth and freedom to gain approval, to not be shamed by deniers such as yourself.
I wonder how far your appeasement goes? If tomorrow a group of mentally ill people got all upset about calling orange, yellow. They "identify" orange as yellow and are greatly offended when people don't call orange the color yellow in their presence. Let's generate faux "scientific" research that there is no mental illness there, that these people are otherwise normally functioning - even though there is all kinds of evidence that they are prone to all sorts of diseases, this is blamed on people who "discriminate" yellow from orange and call orange, the color orange even though that is not what they prefer?

How about spoons for forks ...

How about left for right ...

I wonder how far your appeasement goes?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother doesn’t drink alcohol.
Now let the Lord be praised.
WHEN one cant bring doctrine to defeat his opponent , rest assured he will bring slurs and garbage
Jim has no doctrine to refute what i bring . And thus he uses the racial card , the he cant speak english card
the he must be drunk card . He has even used the satan card on me .
BUT what he dont use is the BIBLICAL CARD . cause he cant . At most
he take verses like judge not out of text , or love thy neighbor out of text to support a love
that accepts sins or wont correct sins . PS , as you know and i know by grace , THAT AINT LOVE .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because this "respect" you seek is disrespect of the truth, disrespect of other people's freedom in a cowardly response to appease mental illness. To summarize;
  1. Deniers such as yourself abuse language by calling disrespect "respect" in a sad attempt to use shaming language.
  2. This reveals that deniers moral poles are reversed.
  3. It also reveals deniers attempt at emotional manipulation to shame people into doing evil as you do.
  4. Deniers an enemy of truth.
  5. Deniers leverage false science as an authority, denying actual science of XX and XY chromosomes, which are object determinants and not dependent on the subject's feelings.
  6. Deniers are an enemy of freedom for others.
  7. Only a coward would sacrifice morality, truth and freedom to gain approval, to not be shamed by deniers such as yourself.
You broke the irony meter with this one.
I wonder how far your appeasement goes? If tomorrow a group of mentally ill people got all upset
you mentioned something about being an enemy of truth. Trans people are not mentally ill. That is the truth.
about calling orange, yellow. They "identify" orange as yellow and are greatly offended when people don't call orange the color yellow in their presence. Let's generate faux "scientific" research that there is no mental illness there, that these people are otherwise normally functioning - even though there is all kinds of evidence that they are prone to all sorts of diseases,
You mean the way black people are prone to all sorts of diseases.

• Love
Reactions: Jim B

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHEN one cant bring doctrine to defeat his opponent , rest assured he will bring slurs and garbage
Jim has no doctrine to refute what i bring . And thus he uses the racial card , the he cant speak english card
the he must be drunk card . He has even used the satan card on me .
BUT what he dont use is the BIBLICAL CARD . cause he cant . At most
he take verses like judge not out of text , or love thy neighbor out of text to support a love
that accepts sins or wont correct sins . PS , as you know and i know by grace , THAT AINT LOVE .
This is just more fabrication. In my most recent post I quoted John, who wrote "God is love". Why is it so difficult for you to be truthful?

You are the one who constantly takes verses out of context like "judge not" and "love your neighbor". BTW, "out of text" means nothing.

Why can't you understand these fundamental verses? "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:16-17 Perhaps you should take a break and think about what those famous verses say! "God so loved the world" and "did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world".

Of course, you spend your time refuting the clear meaning of what these verses say. You don't love the world and spend all your time condemning it!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you mentioned something about being an enemy of truth. Trans people are not mentally ill. That is the truth.
Yup, an enemy of truth. LGBT are all mentally ill, by definition. However, I realize you are falling for the IDOL of "Science." The subject is tyranny and you got nothing to say about that. So, you make a science claim as a distraction, a red herring.

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one is saying what?

Hateful? Bigot?

Wrangler was accused of being both in this thread.

The point of the op was that it's tyranny to enforce gender pronouns with the law and people's jobs on the line. If you believe that people should be coerced somehow into using other's pronouns, can you explain why?
So according to you, it's okay for people to use whatever pejorative name they choose and it's okay? "Nig__r" is okay? "K_ke" is okay? "Sp_c" is okay?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So according to you, it's okay for people to use whatever pejorative name they choose and it's okay? "Nig__r" is okay? "K_ke" is okay? "Sp_c" is okay?
What a pathetic response to falsely equate pejorative terms with proper identification of reality. A man or a woman is such no matter matter what their mental illness 'preferred" identity is. "He" for the man and "She" for the woman is correct. There is no hate or bigotry OTHER THAN from the mentally ill who hate the truth of their identity.

I feel bad for these mentally ill people. I really do. But I'm not placating their word game demands.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and what definition are you using?
Feel free to consult your favorite lexicon. From Definition of ILL

ill

1 of 5

adjective

ˈil

worse ˈwərs ; worst ˈwərst
Synonyms of ill
a comparative also iller; superlative also illest
(1)
: not in good health
also : NAUSEATED
(2)
: not normal or sound
ill health

b
: causing suffering or distress
ill weather

a
: attributing evil or an objectionable quality
held an ill opinion of his neighbors

b
: resulting from, accompanied by, or indicative of an evil or malevolent intention
ill deeds

c
chiefly Scotland : IMMORAL, VICIOUS

a

: not meeting an accepted standard

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

ill

1 of 5

adjective

ˈil

Synonyms of ill
(1)
(2)
ill health

b
ill weather

a

b
: resulting from, accompanied by, or indicative of an evil or malevolent intention
ill deeds

c

a

Your interpretation of who LGBTQs are is a mental illness.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

ill

1 of 5

adjective

ˈil

Synonyms of ill
(1)
(2)
ill health

b
ill weather

a

b
ill deeds

c

a

So you aren't using the definition of mental illness. Once again you are the enemy of truth you keep talking about.

Reactions: Jim B