The unforgivable sin.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to agree with your wise caution.
A true shepherd would NEVER try to poison his flock with poisonous springs.
I have faith in my good Shepherd.
Mark 16:18 KJV
[18] They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Tecarta Bible Premium

Reactions: Danube

Danube

Dec 26, 2018
uk
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I’m having a hard time understanding. Are you saying God is Jewish, Jesus was born of Mary, so to to up hold the law according to you he can only form a union with a Jew?
No.
I am showing the bible follows two seedlines geneologically in the bible.
There is a dual seedline that modern Christianity (having been corrupted by the wolves in the fold) seek to obfuscate.

Father in heaven the Creator (whose children are reffered to as Wheat, Sheep....Lambs, sons of God....and have the Holy Spirit)

OR

Father of all lies (his children referred to as Tares, Goats, etc )

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is being pushed like mad!
I have never been satisfied with the standard answer to this question about the Unforgivable Sin, Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.
I didn't visit the links you provided, but scanned through the poster replies and didn't see my view represented.

I think the context of the chapter answers the question. But the answer is doctrinally challenging.
Which I believe is the reason a more "doctrinally appropriate" answer was created. (to make it fit) Square peg, round hole.

Most only look at this verse and overlook what was written earlier in the chapter, pasted below.
Attributing the work of the Spirit to Satan. Why this is unforgivable, is beyond me.
But it is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. IMHO

Matthew 12:31 NIV
And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

Matthew 12:24 NIV
But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, “It is only by Beelzebul, the prince of demons, that this fellow drives out demons.”

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you haven't clarified your position very well ..i will throw my 2 cents in the unforgivable sin is rejecting Jesus Christ never being saved. for this reason in my lost years i used God name in vain plus man other sins. he forgave me ..the whosoever

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you haven't clarified your position very well ..i will throw my 2 cents in the unforgivable sin is rejecting Jesus Christ never being saved. for this reason in my lost years i used God name in vain plus man other sins. he forgave me ..the whosoever
Yes, my position was buried in my post. I'll clarify.
But please re-read my post before responding again, thanks.

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is attributing the work of the Holy Spirit to Satan. IMHO

Matthew 12:24 NIV
But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, “It is only by Beelzebul, the prince of demons, that this fellow drives out demons.”

Matthew 12:31 NIV
And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... i used God name in vain...
What does that mean to you?
I think we greatly misunderstand the Commandment.

James 5:12 NIV
Above all, my brothers and sisters, do not swear—not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. All you need to say is a simple “Yes” or “No.” Otherwise you will be condemned.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we greatly misunderstand the Commandment.

James 5:12 NIV
Above all, my brothers and sisters, do not swear—not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. All you need to say is a simple “Yes” or “No.” Otherwise you will be condemned.
Disagree depends on the swearing ..i testified in court and was sworn in .

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Israel prevailed
Here is what you wrote.

that means when i was lost i used it i got saved it no longer holds to my account ...what does it mean to you? i am going to hell?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that means when i was lost i used it i got saved it no longer holds to my account ...
Okay...
what does it mean to you? i am going to hell?
No. Not what it means at all.

The point I was trying to make is that the Commandment from the Ten Commandments
is not about saying "God" as an exclamatory. IMHO

Not sure if that's what you meant, but...

If we call that "taking the Lord's name in vain" we are misunderstanding the Commandment.
There are OTHER scriptural/social/professional reasons to not use foul language.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay...

No. Not what it means at all.

The point I was trying to make is that the Commandment from the Ten Commandments
is not about saying "God" as an exclamatory. IMHO

Not sure if that's what you meant, but...

If we call that "taking the Lord's name in vain" we are misunderstanding the Commandment.
There are OTHER scriptural/social/professional reasons to not use foul language.
here is the deal the unpardonable sin in all my reading is rejecting Christ. if one dies with out Christ. they have come to the point of no return no U turn no repentance . one must be born-again imho a true blue blood bought Child of the King can commit the unpardonable sin.. note****i said true Blue.. many have head salvation but not of the heart

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you meant "a true blue (heart-believing) BLOOD-Bought Child of the King canNOT commit the unpardonable sin"? Yes?

Grace, Peace, And JOY In Christ, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided (+ I and II)
!
Did you see my response in posts #63 and #65?

It's a difficult passage. (the unpardonable sin)
And I am unsatisfied with the common conclusion.

I brought this topic to the top for further discussion.

360watt

Jun 6, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I think you meant "a true blue (heart-believing) BLOOD-Bought Child of the King canNOT commit the unpardonable sin"? Yes?

Grace, Peace, And JOY In Christ, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided (+ I and II)
!

Yes, the unforgivable sin was being committed by Pharisees who were not converted.

It's not something you apply to believers.

If believers fall into sin, if they deny God.. they get rebuke and discipline. But the Holy Spirit does not leave their spirit, because of the guarantee the Holy Spirit has laid down.

Reactions: Ezra

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the unforgivable sin was being committed by Pharisees who were not converted.
What sin were they committing?

If it is unbelief, doesn't that go without saying?

The passage does not support the common conclusion.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never been satisfied with the standard answer to this question about the Unforgivable Sin, Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit...

I think the context of the chapter answers the question. But the answer is doctrinally challenging.

Most only look at this verse and overlook what was written earlier in the chapter.
Attributing the work of the Spirit to Satan. Why this is unforgivable, is beyond me.
But it is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. IMHO
Mat 12:31 KJB

"Wherefore I Say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto
men: but the blasphemy against The Holy Ghost shall NOT be forgiven unto men."
Mat 12:24 KJV
"But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This Fellow doth
not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils."
It's a difficult passage. (the unpardonable sin)
And I am unsatisfied with the common conclusion.
I perceive that this is also challenging for the UR position, imho, but let me add a further
challenge in Stephen's Spirit-Filled preaching to leaders of Israel:

"Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.​
When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth. But he, being Full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.
Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord, And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul. And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep."

Challenging question: Was "The Unpardonable sin of blasphemy of The Holy Spirit"
committed here? And, furthermore, was Saul/later Paul, included in this committing of sin?...

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Могу я связаться с админом ??
Речь идет о рекламе на вашем сайте.
Спасибо.
Translated:
"Can I contact the admin ?? We are talking about advertising on your site. Thank you."

You're welcome, But you are in the wrong thread, go to: Translated back to Russian (spammer?):

Добро пожаловать, но вы не в неправильной ветке, перейдите к:

Community Member Helpdesk

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: St. SteVen

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is it no one has mentioned the following Scripture?

Heb 6:4-8
For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:

8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
KJV

That part in red is Paul saying that it is impossible for a believer to try and renew their relationship with Christ after having rejected Him, and having experience of those Heavenly gifts.

That is not about simple slip ups of future sin when a believer needs to repent to Jesus, like we are all to do per 1 John 1. It is about a chosen one given the gifts of The Holy Spirit so that they cannot DENY the reality of The Father and The Son. It means all doubt removed and instead having 'experienced' God so there is no excuse to reject Him.

The actual 'determining factor' involving Christ's Salvation, is... ACCOUNTABILITY.

Is everyone during this present world 'accountable' in that sense? No, because not every soul born into this world has had their opportunity yet to hear The Gospel and believe on Jesus Christ. This is what Christ's future "thousand years" reign is for, because it will be a great time of teaching by His saints. All knees will bow to Christ and 'know' He is God The Son.

Likewise, many Christian brethren today are 'blinded' by Satan and his host. They believe on Jesus Christ, but they are misled by the traditions of men. God has spiritually blinded these especially for the end. And He has blinded the majority of the orthodox Jews also, which that blindness will only be removed when Jesus comes (Romans 11). Then they will see and know, and will make their choice to believe on Jesus, or not. Same thing for the unsaved nations during Christ's future "thousand years" reign. It will be the first opportunity many of those will have to hear The Gospel and make their choice.