The Unforgiveable Sin - who is God warning?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

forgivenWretch

Feb 10, 2008
Tennessee
"blasphemy." It can be defined as "defiant irreverence" and would constitute cursing God or degrading Him. It could also mean relating evil to God.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
The words of J.W. McGarvey are helpful here:"Blasphemy against the Son may be a temporary sin, for the one who commits it may be subsequently convinced of his error by the testimony of the Holy Spirit and become a believer (I Tim. 1:13). But blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is in its nature an eternal sin, for if one rejects the evidence given by the Holy Spirit and ascribes it to Satan, he rejects the only evidence upon which faith can be based; and without faith there is no forgiveness."this is the cause of the unforgivable sin this opportunity is available in Mark 13 when the Elect are called up and put on trial before Antichrist the holy spirit will speak through them if they deny this spirit, that is choosing Satan and rejecting Christ they are guilty of the unforgivable sin.Even if you believe the pharrisees comited this which I do not ,as its contradictory it does not change that the time in future this can be commited is in mark 13

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(kriss;44072)
The words of J.W. McGarvey are helpful here:"Blasphemy against the Son may be a temporary sin, for the one who commits it may be subsequently convinced of his error by the testimony of the Holy Spirit and become a believer (I Tim. 1:13). But blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is in its nature an eternal sin, for if one rejects the evidence given by the Holy Spirit and ascribes it to Satan, he rejects the only evidence upon which faith can be based; and without faith there is no forgiveness."this is the cause of the unforgivable sin this opportunity is available in Mark 13 when the Elect are called up and put on trial before Antichrist the holy spirit will speak through them if they deny this spirit, that is choosing Satan and rejecting Christ they are guilty of the unforgivable sin.
I agree with you except the last paragraph. I do not think a saved person can commit this sin. When the saved are brought before the rulers in the end, just like the disciples were, the Holy Spirit will give them the words to speak. This is an encouragement, not a warning!I am through discussing this for now, I know where I stand on this issue, May God give us all his peace.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
fine with me I still content one can not deny the holy spirit and aquaint it to Satan unless he is offered it, and unbelievers are not offered the holy spirit to deny. Only a saved person can aquaint the work of the Holy spirit in him to Satan thus committing this unforegivable sin And sense even you agree that Satan is only one condemned to death....any belief that this is the pharasee's is a direct contradictionThe only time the Holy spirit promises to come on you giving you full knowledge and speaking through you is Mark 13:11 So guess we both no where we stand

Status
Not open for further replies.