The Unholy Movie quote

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first SRA survivor i ever met was triggered by Passion of the Christ
Yes, and honestly, I never watched it. I also never could watch the Hollywood produced Bible movies without triggering. Once I gained significant healing, I still never have had a desire to watch anything Hollywood puts out about the Bible.

For the first time, now, I have found Bible/Christian movies that I absolutely live... The Chosen series on YouTube. Love those! :)

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first SRA survivor i ever met was triggered by Passion of the Christ
Some of the reasons they were triggered is likely because anything Hollywood produces will have programming cues embedded within the scripts. And too, SRA is a deliberate attack on the Word of God, often taking scripture out of context and using it in ritual/tortures. (They do this with MK as well.) So there are many triggers in Hollywood versions of Bible movies.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Watching a Christian movie that exposes evil or shows the violence that Christ endured on our behalf is different from watching a horror movie.
Absolutely.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh, be careful little eyes what you see
Oh, be careful little eyes what you see
There's a Father up above and he's looking down in love
So be careful little eyes what you see

Oh, be careful little ears what you hear...
Oh, be careful little ears what you hear
Oh, be careful little ears what you hear
So be careful little ears what you hear

Oh, be careful little mouths what you say...
Oh, be careful little mouths what you say
Oh, be careful little mouths what you say
So be careful little mouths what you say

Oh, be careful little feet where you go...
Oh, be careful little feet where you go
Oh, be careful little feet where you go (big ones too!)
So be careful little feet where you go

Reactions: Pearl

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Personally... I think EVERY CHRISTIAN should ONLY watch Emperor's New Groove... over and over again. LOL

iu

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I believe that the problems many Christians have today are caused by ‘mixture’ which undermines not only the word of God but God’s authority and sovereignty. They may not entirely abandoned God, the Holy One of Israel, but they take up these other gods as well as Almighty God. This is where the ‘mixture’ comes in. It waters down peoples’ perspective of God and distracts from his power and authority. People have become dissatisfied with just one true God, they desire other things as well and in turn these other worldly things begin to become more important to them than God himself. By far the biggest god of this sort in today’s world is self and especially pride when people think they know better than God. Christians need to get back to serving only One True God and to root out anything that that smacks of ‘mixture’.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe that the problems many Christians have today are caused by ‘mixture’ which undermines not only the word of God but God’s authority and sovereignty. They may not entirely abandoned God, the Holy One of Israel, but they take up these other gods as well as Almighty God. This is where the ‘mixture’ comes in. It waters down peoples’ perspective of God and distracts from his power and authority. People have become dissatisfied with just one true God, they desire other things as well and in turn these other worldly things begin to become more important to them than God himself. By far the biggest god of this sort in today’s world is self and especially pride when people think they know better than God. Christians need to get back to serving only One True God and to root out anything that that smacks of ‘mixture’.
You and I had this conversation a few weeks ago... I absolutely agree.

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You and I had this conversation a few weeks ago... I absolutely agree.
I thought it worth repeating in this context as some will not have seen it.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I did, and what a mistake that was!

I went, as so many 1000's did, because our pastors told us to see it.

Huge mistake!

Much love!
Marks,
Curious why it was a mistake to see the Passion?

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, I'm not recommending the movie I mentioned, as I have not seen it. I was hoping for some comments on the quote from the movie trailer:
"Be careful who you pray to."
If a film glorifies the satanic, I would say to stay away. But, the truth is, you usually don't know what message is in any film until you see it. I believe a mature Christian can see a movie with mixed messages, and pick out the good and leave the rest. I have at times had God put just a few words on my heart from a movie that was otherwise totally secular. For example, from the movie "Gladiator" "What we do in life, echos in eternity!"
and "Death smiles on us all, all a man can do is smile back." My mind (or maybe its the Holy Spirit) will bring back sentences like that that encourage me to stay the course. Many films have some worthwhile takeaway, even if they are mostly just entertainment.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I watched the Passion... there is nothing wrong with it... however I did not personally care for HOW they chose to depict satan...
The movie is very graphic... and many were not able to watch it.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love horror movies, I have always wondered if that’s ok as a Christian. Usually good wins in the end of these movies.

Reactions: April_Rose

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and honestly, I never watched it. I also never could watch the Hollywood produced Bible movies without triggering. Once I gained significant healing, I still never have had a desire to watch anything Hollywood puts out about the Bible.

For the first time, now, I have found Bible/Christian movies that I absolutely live... The Chosen series on YouTube. Love those! :)
i have never watched it either. ive been recommended to watch the chosen but have not.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Marks,
Curious why it was a mistake to see the Passion?
We watched it home when it first came out on DVD and I've never wept so much watching a film. When they hammered the nails into his hands we cringed and felt the hammer blows. I don't know how it could be a mistake to watch it. It was painful and difficult to watch but what was portrayed was just a fraction of the real suffering of Jesus. And it made me love all the more.

Reactions: Renniks and Addy

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Pearl... I am not remembering the entire movie now... but I remember NOT liking how they portrayed satan...
I'm not sure why.... that hooded thing was just not how I thought it should be... Not sure what I expected... but
What did you think of that part??

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of the reasons they were triggered is likely because anything Hollywood produces will have programming cues embedded within the scripts. And too, SRA is a deliberate attack on the Word of God, often taking scripture out of context and using it in ritual/tortures. (They do this with MK as well.) So there are many triggers in Hollywood versions of Bible movies.
yes. she was specifically triggered by the torture i believe. that was quite a while ago.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl... I am not remembering the entire movie now... but I remember NOT liking how they portrayed satan...
I'm not sure why.... that hooded thing was just not how I thought it should be... Not sure what I expected... but
What did you think of that part??
To be honest I didn't like it either at the time but thinking about it now, that dark evil figure moving mysteriously and creepily among the crowds, gloating and waiting to see the end of Jesus was perhaps the only way he could have been portrayed.