The Unity of God: Oneness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The true Scripture doctrine of oneness is always that of unity. Several times in Judges, the people of Israel are spoken of as being gathered together as one man, whether to fight or to worship God. The same in Ezra after the captivity to hear the reading of the law.

The proof text that Scripture is speaking of the trinity being one in unity, not being one and the same, is John 17:22, where Jesus on earth is praying to the Father in heaven concerning all believers present and future are given the glory which God gave to Him; "that they may be one, even as we are one."

Since we are all to become one with God and one another in Christ Jesus, even as The Sone and the Father (and Holy Spirit) are one, then that would mean all believers would have to become the same one person, IF the Trinity are one and the same, and not one in unity only.

or rather, I would become you, and you would become me, and so on...Which is plainly not true, because while we are one body, we are not all one member, but many members of the one and same body. (Rom 12:4-5)

Therefore, The Father is not the Son, nor is the Son the Holy Spirit, etc... Even as they are One in unity, so shall we be...

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The proof text that Scripture is speaking of the trinity being one in unity, not being one and the same, is John 17:22, where Jesus on earth is praying to the Father in heaven concerning all believers present and future are given the glory which God gave to Him; "that they may be one, even as we are one."

Ephesians 5:29-30 KJV
29) For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
30) For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

He cares for us, we being His Own body.

Mystical? Metaphorical? Something that is true?

Much love!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 5:29-30 KJV
29) For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
30) For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

He cares for us, we being His Own body.

Mystical? Metaphorical? Something that is true?

Much love!
True in Spirit and in body.

We are the body of Christ in earthen vessels, walking with Him in natural bodies.

We will not be the spiritual body of Christ, until we are resurrected in spiritual bodies.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True in Spirit and in body.

We are the body of Christ in earthen vessels, walking with Him in natural bodies.

We will not be the spiritual body of Christ, until we are resurrected in spiritual bodies.
I'm not seeing some kind of "parsing" over His body. We simply are His body, flesh of His flesh, and bone of His bone, right now. We are His body, and He cares for us as His very Own body.

We are given the institution of marriage for the purpose of demonstrating what our relationship with God looks looks like. The husband who understands that his wife is a true part of himself, and cares for her accordingly, loves his wife as Christ loves the church.

Much love!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even as they are One in unity, so shall we be.

I'm really glad you started this thread as I've been thinking about it a lot lately, particularly as it pertains to denomination and other differences of opinion. I think too many today falsely equate unity with the end of both, denomination and differing opinion.

The best example in the Bible is that Paul and Barnabas argued so strenuously over letting St. Mark join them that they split up, doing missionary work separately from that point forward.

A powerful example today is how sincere Christians fully support opposing political parties. How does that happen? Unity in Christ, while allowing for denomination and differences in opinion.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The true Scripture doctrine of oneness is always that of unity. Several times in Judges, the people of Israel are spoken of as being gathered together as one man, whether to fight or to worship God. The same in Ezra after the captivity to hear the reading of the law.

Since we are all to become one with God and one another in Christ Jesus, even as The Sone and the Father (and Holy Spirit) are one, then that would mean all believers would have to become the same one person, IF the Trinity are one and the same, and not one in unity only.

or rather, I would become you, and you would become me, and so on...Which is plainly not true, because while we are one body, we are not all one member, but many members of the one and same body. (Rom 12:4-5)

Therefore, The Father is not the Son, nor is the Son the Holy Spirit, etc... Even as they are One in unity, so shall we be...

Good post Rob, very true. Obviously all of us who are one in the faith, are not God in the flesh as you have clearly revealed. I often use the account you based your info on found in Jn 17:22 as well. Sometimes even starting with Gen 2:24. It is the oneness of the faith the unity 1 Cor 1:10

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been corrected and withdraw the teaching that Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are only One in unity, and not One and the Same God.

There is One and the same God: the Same One Being from everlasting, who became Three in the beginning of creation, which was necessary for God to be made flesh on the earth, while God remained on the throne in heaven.

And since God in the flesh could not do the work of the Creator with the things of the world, then He needed God to do so at His word, in obedience to God on the throne: by the finger of God, the Spirit of God.

And so, the One God needed to Be Three: One Father remaining in heaven, and One Son in flesh on the earth, by the One Spirit on earth doing the will of the Father.

I became We, and My became Our: Three Being God with each Being God, without robbery of God as the Being that is God, without change nor difference in form nor shape nor substance of His Being: The Ousia of God that is God, of the I am that is I am.

And so, the Three that are God, are One and the same Being of God.

Any yet the Father is not the Son, nor is the Son the Holy Spirit, for the Father did not come down from heaven to be made flesh and to offer His soul upon the cross for the sins of the world, neither did the Spirit, but the only begotten of the Father, He was the One Being God in the flesh and declared that One Being that is God to the world, and He was the only One Being God in the flesh to hang upon the cross.

The necessity of God Being Three was to pay the price for sins, which is death of the soul, by separating the soul from the Spirit of God, to no longer be a soul that His His:

Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

The soul is the life and is in the blood, and the soul is the Being that is God: The One Being God the Father in heaven separated from the soul of the One Being God on the cross: The Soul of God separated from the Soul of the Father, which had been One and the Same Being and soul since the beginning of creation.

The soul of the Father, which was also the soul of the Son was no longer the Father's and the Son's, when the soul of the Son hung upon the cross with the sins of the world imputed to Him.

His soul did not die, because He did not sin, but His soul suffered the death of sins in separation from the soul of God in heaven: God forsook God, the soul of the Father forsook the soul of the Son on the cross, so that now forever there would be the soul of God the Father, and the soul of God the Lamb sitting on the same throne in heaven.

At the cross, One that became Three became separated from One: The Son.

That was not possible except there Be Three that are God, with the soul Being God the Father in heaven, being the same as the soul Being God the Son on earth: the same substance and soul Being One, Became Two and Three.

The soul of the Father and the soul of the Son both suffered the price for sin: One remaining in heaven, and One hanging on earth, and so there was deep darkness upon all the earth, as upon the face of the deep, while the soul of God suffered for the space of three hours, which was as good as eternity, and so the soul of God was offered up only once for all time.

And so now, the soul of God is forever two: the soul of God and the soul of the Lamb.

And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.