The Upward Path

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Helen... this is a beautiful reading... I am just finishing up my devotional... I have been on this series for the last 6 or so years...
It's called Jesus Calling... There were other books that came out to follow that so I just continued in the series... I scribe the readings
out to my friend on a daily basis... I was thinking about Streams in the desert... but I ended up choosing... New Morning Mercies by Paul Tripp.

I ordered a copy of My Upmost for His Highest... but for some reason... I just could not relate... It is more scholarly... and I felt it to be works motivated... this is when I decided to order New Morning Mercies. I have about 25 more readings to go in the Jesus Today devotional. It is going to be very different having a different tone to the devotions I have been so accustomed to hearing and scribing for my friend.

Anyways... this was lovely.... and I will definitely be looking into Streams in the desert after I am finished the new one.

Have a beautiful day... Love Addy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Helen... this is a beautiful reading... I am just finishing up my devotional... I have been on this series for the last 6 or so years...
It's called Jesus Calling... There were other books that came out to follow that so I just continued in the series... I scribe the readings
out to my friend on a daily basis... I was thinking about Streams in the desert... but I ended up choosing... New Morning Mercies by Paul Tripp.

I ordered a copy of My Upmost for His Highest... but for some reason... I just could not relate... It is more scholarly... and I felt it to be works motivated... this is when I decided to order New Morning Mercies. I have about 25 more readings to go in the Jesus Today devotional. It is going to be very different having a different tone to the devotions I have been so accustomed to hearing and scribing for my friend.

Anyways... this was lovely.... and I will definitely be looking into Streams in the desert after I am finished the new one.

Have a beautiful day... Love Addy
My Utmost for His Highest is one I use regularly and it works well for me. Hopefully you will find something that encourages and strengthen you in Him.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Maybe we all remember the ancient story of the old man under the tree. Plague flew by, the old man said -“where are you going ? “ Plague answer to the next city to kill 100 people..”

The old man heard that afternoon that 1,000 had died there.
When Plague passed by again on his way back , the old man said - “ You lied , you said you were going to kill 100 people. “

Plague answered - “I did kill 100 people, fear killed the rest .”

A timely reminder in these days .

Reactions: Truman and amadeus

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My Utmost for His Highest is one I use regularly and it works well for me. Hopefully you will find something that encourages and strengthen you in Him.
Somehow I missed this... and Helen just posted so it brought the thread back up.... I did find a devotional by Paul Tripp... It's called New Morning Mercies. I am substituting a repeat of one of the devotionals we already went through... and will start this new one on January 1st as it is a full year devotional.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Somehow I missed this... and Helen just posted so it brought the thread back up.... I did find a devotional by Paul Tripp... It's called New Morning Mercies. I am substituting a repeat of one of the devotionals we already went through... and will start this new one on January 1st as it is a full year devotional.
@Addy Great title for meditations; reminds me of Lamentations 3.23, where God's mercies are 'new every morning'...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Glad to hear you found something that works for you. Our God is able to fill every need!

Reactions: farouk

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I work through The Divine Plumbline.
It feels more like a hacksaw cutting through me.
When God called us a stiff-necked people, He wasn't joking! Sigh.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus I've not read any of that ministry's work, but I do like the title which is a reminder of Lamentations 3.23...
Nor I!

I got involved in Oswald Chambers when I found his book of devotions, "My Utmost for His Highest" in the public library many years ago. I checked it out to read some of it at home. My little dog got hold of the book and chewed it damaging the cover and the edges of the pages. I had to pay for it but it has since then been my book. I still read it regularly. I found a used book, ["Abandoned to God"] at a garage sale, which tells the life story of Oswald Chambers. He was a British man of God , who died in Egypt in November of 1917 ministering especially to soldiers stationed there during WWI. His story tells me why his devotions were such a blessing to me.

Reactions: farouk