The Upward Path

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's awesome @Helen
I have never studied anything in Numbers. How awesome, praises seem to move our God! And, He is so worthy.
xo

Amen , praising is our greatest gift from God, because bit changes the atmosphere....I am praising for @Willie T and pray angels all around him. ♥︎

I've forgotten where, but somewhere in the OT it says " God inhabits the praises of His people." x

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My husband has a tendency to worry and fret over things. I can set to worrying at times but for the most part I hang out and let whatever should worry me ride. A long time ago I heard a very wise remark exchanged with someone near me. I wasn't eavesdropping , fact of the matter was the room was so crowded one could not help but hear their neighbors speaking to one another.
The woman asked her friend, "Aren't you worried?"
To which the other woman replied, "If I worry, shall it change things?"
I thought that quite profound. If the effort put into worry altered what we worry about, imagine our lives. I worry if I can pay my mortgage. Poof, the mortgage is paid? Wouldn't that be fabulous though?

Over the years since that bit of wisdom found my ears I've let myself recall those wise words when I'm tempted to fret over that which is outside my control. It gets easier as time goes on. Then I realized, and try to impart to hubby, the answer to that question, will worry change anything, can be, yes!
It changes the worrier. It changes their state of health, their mood, their outlook because they're consumed with the attention that thing they worry about assumes of their time. And yet, what is worried over doesn't change due to that concern.
Why worry about that which is outside your control? That it is something you're unable to control should lead one to forgo the inclination. After all, if it was within our control wouldn't we seek to take control and thus not need to worry?

Live in peace.
It feels better.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My husband has a tendency to worry and fret over things. I can set to worrying at times but for the most part I hang out and let whatever should worry me ride. A long time ago I heard a very wise remark exchanged with someone near me. I wasn't eavesdropping , fact of the matter was the room was so crowded one could not help but hear their neighbors speaking to one another.
The woman asked her friend, "Aren't you worried?"
To which the other woman replied, "If I worry, shall it change things?"
I thought that quite profound. If the effort put into worry altered what we worry about, imagine our lives. I worry if I can pay my mortgage. Poof, the mortgage is paid? Wouldn't that be fabulous though?

Over the years since that bit of wisdom found my ears I've let myself recall those wise words when I'm tempted to fret over that which is outside my control. It gets easier as time goes on. Then I realized, and try to impart to hubby, the answer to that question, will worry change anything, can be, yes!
It changes the worrier. It changes their state of health, their mood, their outlook because they're consumed with the attention that thing they worry about assumes of their time. And yet, what is worried over doesn't change due to that concern.
Why worry about that which is outside your control? That it is something you're unable to control should lead one to forgo the inclination. After all, if it was within our control wouldn't we seek to take control and thus not need to worry?

Live in peace.
It feels better.

Welcome Rain!
I could have well written your post. "If I worry, shall it change things?" This has been my way of life for quite awhile now. When we worry and fret all the time, we are not exercising our faith. And, we know it's impossible to please Him without it.
This is where His peace that surpasses...comes in for myself. Once released, we can breathe a big sigh of relief knowing these "impossible" things are in the hands on the God who makes all things possible. It can become almost exciting when arriving to that place where we can totally rest in Him and His provisions. He has been the best provider I have ever had
I hope you will like the forum,
God bless!

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome Rain!
I could have well written your post. "If I worry, shall it change things?" This has been my way of life for quite awhile now. When we worry and fret all the time, we are not exercising our faith. And, we know it's impossible to please Him without it.
This is where His peace that surpasses...comes in for myself. Once released, we can breathe a big sigh of relief knowing these "impossible" things are in the hands on the God who makes all things possible. It can become almost exciting when arriving to that place where we can totally rest in Him and His provisions. He has been the best provider I have ever had
I hope you will like the forum,
God bless!

Thank you. And may God bless you as well Nancy.
As I grow older it becomes easier to let go and let God, as they say. Before that was a slogan on a sticker, back when I was young and thought I had it all on the ball and the world in front of me. If only we were as wise as we were young it would have saved quite a lot of stress and heartache.
Now, as the days seem to fly by whereas before it seemed to take forever for a year to pass, I've started to also notice how things in my life are all linked to giving me answers and guidance and proofs that support my faith God is always there. It is really hard to put into words, but I see it as a thread that is attached to my lifes time. All things that seem to happen, if I release my need to go forward and plan my way, will let me if I relax to realize what's happened in the past at any given moment is what brought me to that moment "right now". And sometimes, and I guess this is God letting me know it is time to get past this lesson and move on for all the times its been repeated thus far, I'll have this vision of what is happening now, challenging me now to respond in some way, as that which I've encountered before, only with slightly different characteristics. And in that vision I'll remember what I said, did, felt, so that moment moved forward as was intended and by my response to it. And as that happens in a flash of recall, that vision, I'm then able to say, do, or feel, a different way than I did back then, and I do. And of course the moment moves on from that.
What I have noticed when those visions occur and I respond is, to date I've not had those moments recur. I am thinking that is God's way of letting me know I graduated those lessons. On to the next.
It really is a school, this life. I remember Emmanuel saying, have I not told you, ye are God's? I know some good folk who believe that passage is saying, we are divine and gods , creators, in our own right/rite. Perhaps that is true. However, I read the message as saying, we belong to God. We are his and always have been as we and all that exists are of and from God. And no thing that exists is of any other than God.
I believe the teaching that we were separated from God in Eden is one that informs that separation is an illusion that the worldly factors lay in place to make us believe we are all we have. And "finding Christ", realizing the anointed, is when we release the hold this worlds illusion has upon us as all there is, and realize we are not only of God, and from God, we are divinely created, inspired, and led to be the image and likeness proof of God while here on Earth. "Christian" = Christ~like.

Enough said I guess. I do tend to ramble when I speak of our relationship. Thank you again and may God always bless your steps.

Reactions: Nancy and Rita

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One day John Wesley was walking with a very troubled man who expressed his doubt in the goodness of God. The man said- " I just don't know what I shall do with all this worry.."
Wesley saw a cow in a field looking over a stone wall.
Wesley said.."Do you know why that cow is looking over the wall?"
"No said the worried man, I don't."
Wesley said.."The cow is looking over the wall because she cannot look through it. And that is just what you must do with your wall of worry, look over it and above it, as she is."

Faith enables us to get above our circumstances and look at Christ, who is over all things!

" Looking unto Jesus..."

No use being cowed into submission.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen
R

Rita

Quote:-

When Israel sang this song: “Spring up, O well, sing to it! (Num 21:17)

This was a strange song and a strange well. They had been travelling over the desert’s barren sands, no water was in sight and they were famishing with thirst. Then God spake to Moses and said:

“Gather the people together, and I will give them water,” and this is how it came.

They gathered in circles on the sands. They took their staves and dug deep down into the burning earth and as they dug, they sang,

Spring up, O well, sing ye unto it,” and lo, there came a gurgling sound, a rush of water and a flowing stream which filled the well and ran along the ground.

When they dug this well in the desert, they touched the stream that was running beneath, and reached the flowing tides that had long been out of sight.

How beautiful the picture given, telling us of the river of blessing that flows all through our lives, and we have only to reach by faith and praise to find our wants supplied in the most barren desert.

How did they reach the waters of this well? It was by praise.
They sang upon the sand their song of faith, while with their 'staff of promise ' they dug the well.
>
I was curious about what led up to that moment ( you know me, one for context ) Prior to this the people had grumbled and moaned about not having what they needed, so the people were inflicted with poisonous snakes , many of the people died.
It brought them to their senses and they begged Moses to help them, and repented. ( he provided protection from the snakes venom - got to be some symbolic meaning in the statement !! )
They travelled on and camped in different areas, there is no mention of any grumbling , despite the fact that they would have still be thirsty. It was Moses that took the lead with stopping and recognising they needed water.
So the people had grumbled and moaned , repented, humbled themselves, and then trusted - then they praised and their needs were met in a miraculous way.....could be a word for our times right now !
Rita xxxxx

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. And may God bless you as well Nancy.
As I grow older it becomes easier to let go and let God, as they say. Before that was a slogan on a sticker, back when I was young and thought I had it all on the ball and the world in front of me. If only we were as wise as we were young it would have saved quite a lot of stress and heartache.
Now, as the days seem to fly by whereas before it seemed to take forever for a year to pass, I've started to also notice how things in my life are all linked to giving me answers and guidance and proofs that support my faith God is always there. It is really hard to put into words, but I see it as a thread that is attached to my lifes time. All things that seem to happen, if I release my need to go forward and plan my way, will let me if I relax to realize what's happened in the past at any given moment is what brought me to that moment "right now". And sometimes, and I guess this is God letting me know it is time to get past this lesson and move on for all the times its been repeated thus far, I'll have this vision of what is happening now, challenging me now to respond in some way, as that which I've encountered before, only with slightly different characteristics. And in that vision I'll remember what I said, did, felt, so that moment moved forward as was intended and by my response to it. And as that happens in a flash of recall, that vision, I'm then able to say, do, or feel, a different way than I did back then, and I do. And of course the moment moves on from that.
What I have noticed when those visions occur and I respond is, to date I've not had those moments recur. I am thinking that is God's way of letting me know I graduated those lessons. On to the next.
It really is a school, this life. I remember Emmanuel saying, have I not told you, ye are God's? I know some good folk who believe that passage is saying, we are divine and gods , creators, in our own right/rite. Perhaps that is true. However, I read the message as saying, we belong to God. We are his and always have been as we and all that exists are of and from God. And no thing that exists is of any other than God.
I believe the teaching that we were separated from God in Eden is one that informs that separation is an illusion that the worldly factors lay in place to make us believe we are all we have. And "finding Christ", realizing the anointed, is when we release the hold this worlds illusion has upon us as all there is, and realize we are not only of God, and from God, we are divinely created, inspired, and led to be the image and likeness proof of God while here on Earth. "Christian" = Christ~like.

Enough said I guess. I do tend to ramble when I speak of our relationship. Thank you again and may God always bless your steps.

Hindsight is our measuring stick, lol. I am happy that you have seen His hand move in your life. He has to put me through several times before "getting it". He is awesome, and thank you for the reply!

Reactions: RainAndIceCream

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was curious about what led up to that moment ( you know me, one for context ) Prior to this the people had grumbled and moaned about not having what they needed, so the people were inflicted with poisonous snakes , many of the people died.
It brought them to their senses and they begged Moses to help them, and repented. ( he provided protection from the snakes venom - got to be some symbolic meaning in the statement !! )
They travelled on and camped in different areas, there is no mention of any grumbling , despite the fact that they would have still be thirsty. It was Moses that took the lead with stopping and recognising they needed water.
So the people had grumbled and moaned , repented, humbled themselves, and then trusted - then they praised and their needs were met in a miraculous way.....could be a word for our times right now !
Rita xxxxx

Amen , some great observations here. Thanks, a good start to me day. :)
It is so comforting to know , that when we are in a very weary , dry place in our journey ...and when God doesn’t seem to be speaking to us ...we still have a deep well , it may seem dry but as we dig and sing we begin to feel a wee trickle of living water springing up within us ! And we had thought that we were dry and empty. “Spring up O well within my soul...”
There was a lovely song we used to sing ...”I sought the Lord and I found He was in me, the Lord is dwelling in the midst of praise ....”

xx

Reactions: Nancy and Rita

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen , praising is our greatest gift from God, because bit changes the atmosphere....I am praising for @Willie T and pray angels all around him. ♥︎

I've forgotten where, but somewhere in the OT it says " God inhabits the praises of His people." x
"But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel." Psalm 22:3

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A good little reminder:-

===================

LAW OF THE GARBAGE TRUCK
One day I hopped in a taxi and we took off for the airportWe were driving in the right lane when suddenly a black car jumped out of a parking space right in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on his brakes, skidded, and missed the other car by just inches! The driver of the other car whipped his head around and started yelling at us.

My taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy. And I mean, he was really friendly. So I asked, 'Why did you just do that? This guy almost ruined your car and sent us to the hospital!'
This is when my taxi driver taught me what I now call, 'The Law of the Garbage Truck.'

He explained that many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment. As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it and sometimes they will dump it on you.

Don't take it personally.. Just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. Don't take their garbage and spread it to other people at work, at home, or on the streets.

The bottom line is that successful people do not let garbage trucks take over their day. Life's too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so.... Love the people who treat you right. Pray for the ones who don't.

Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it!

Have a garbage-free day!
1f642.png
:)

Reactions: marks

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Rita xxxxx
@Rita Such a lesson that it was repeated in John chapter three in the run up to John 3.16.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
" But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him."

"The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy. He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever. He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him."

"Ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God."
~ "Ye who sometime were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. ~ Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow-citizens with the saints, and of the household of God."

LUKE 15:20. Psa. 103:8‑13. Rom. 8:15,16. ‑Eph. 2:13. -Eph. 2:19.

Reactions: marks and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
" But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him."

"The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy. He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever. He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him."

"Ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God."
~ "Ye who sometime were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. ~ Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow-citizens with the saints, and of the household of God."

LUKE 15:20. Psa. 103:8‑13. Rom. 8:15,16. ‑Eph. 2:13. -Eph. 2:19.

Hello dear friend,
Comforting scripture from the God of all comfort! Which translation is this from?
xoxo

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I read this today and it blessed me.
I am reminded that God tells us that His thoughts are not our thoughts , or His ways our ways... this struck me as nothing specific in 'the promise' other than ...He promised us at the very beginning of the journey that if we followed Him and stayed close ....that we would reach His Promised Land ....I go to prepare a Place for you...

"And blessed is she who believed that what was spoken to her by the Lord would be fulfilled." (Luke 1:45)
My words shall be fulfilled in their season (their fixed appointed time) (Greek, Luke 1:20).

"There shall be a performance of those things
That loving heart hath waited long to see;
Those words shall be fulfilled to which she clings,
Because her God hath promised faithfully;
And, knowing Him, she ne’er can doubt His Word;
“He speaks and it is done.” The mighty Lord!

There shall be a performance of those things,
O burdened heart, rest ever in His care;
In quietness beneath His shadowing wings
Await the answer to thy longing prayer.
When thou hast “cast thy care,” the heart then sings,
There shall be a performance of those things.

O tired heart, believe and wait and pray;
At eventide the peaceful vesper rings,
Though cloud and rain and storm have filled the day.
Faith pierces through the mist of doubt that bars
The coming night sometimes, and finds the stars.

O trusting heart, the Lord to thee hath told;
Let Faith and Hope arise, and plume their wings,
And soar towards the sunrise clouds of gold;
The portals of the rosy dawn swing wide,
Revealing joys the darkening night did hide. "
by ~ Bessie Porter ~

Matthew Henry says:-
"We must depend upon the performance of the promise, when all the ways leading up to it are shut up. ’For all the promises of God in him are yea (yes), and in him Amen (so be it), unto the glory of God by us.’ (2 Cor. 1:20).

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read this today and it blessed me.
I am reminded that God tells us that His thoughts are not our thoughts , or His ways our ways... this struck me as nothing specific in 'the promise' other than ...He promised us at the very beginning of the journey that if we followed Him and stayed close ....that we would reach His Promised Land ....I go to prepare a Place for you...

"And blessed is she who believed that what was spoken to her by the Lord would be fulfilled." (Luke 1:45)
My words shall be fulfilled in their season (their fixed appointed time) (Greek, Luke 1:20).

"There shall be a performance of those things
That loving heart hath waited long to see;
Those words shall be fulfilled to which she clings,
Because her God hath promised faithfully;
And, knowing Him, she ne’er can doubt His Word;
“He speaks and it is done.” The mighty Lord!

O burdened heart, rest ever in His care;
In quietness beneath His shadowing wings
Await the answer to thy longing prayer.
When thou hast “cast thy care,” the heart then sings,
There shall be a performance of those things.

O tired heart, believe and wait and pray;
At eventide the peaceful vesper rings,
Though cloud and rain and storm have filled the day.
Faith pierces through the mist of doubt that bars
The coming night sometimes, and finds the stars.

O trusting heart, the Lord to thee hath told;
Let Faith and Hope arise, and plume their wings,
And soar towards the sunrise clouds of gold;
The portals of the rosy dawn swing wide,
Revealing joys the darkening night did hide. "
by ~ Bessie Porter ~

Matthew Henry says:-
"We must depend upon the performance of the promise, when all the ways leading up to it are shut up. ’For all the promises of God in him are yea (yes), and in him Amen (so be it), unto the glory of God by us.’ (2 Cor. 1:20).

Beautiful @Helen
To keep the hope alive, His promises should always be counted on. He is just that faithful :)
xo

Reactions: marks and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
QUOTED FROM ~ J H. McC ~

I went one night to hear an address on consecration. No special message came to me from it, but as the speaker kneeled to pray, he dropped this sentence: “O Lord, Thou knowest we can trust the Man that died for us.” And that was my message. I rose and walked down the street to the train; and as I walked, I pondered deeply all that consecration might mean to my life and—I was afraid. And then, above the noise and clatter of the street traffic came to me the message: “You can trust the Man that died for you.”

I got into the train to ride homeward; and as I rode, I thought of the changes, the sacrifices, the disappointments which consecration might mean to me and—I was afraid.

I reached home and sought my room, and there upon my knees I saw my past life. I had been a Christian, an officer in the church, a Sunday-school superintendent, but had never definitely yielded my life to God.

Yet as I thought of the darling plans which might be baffled, of the cherished hopes to be surrendered, and the chosen profession which I might be called upon to abandoned—I was afraid.

I did not see the better things God had for me, so my soul was shrinking back; and then for the last time, with a swift rush of convicting power, came to my innermost heart that searching message:

“My child, you can trust the Man that died for you. If you cannot trust Him whom can you trust?”

That settled it for me, for in a flash I saw that the Man who so loved me as to die for me could be absolutely trusted with all the concerns of the life He had saved.

Friend, you can trust the Man that died for you. You can trust Him to baffle no plan which is not best to be foiled, and to carry out every one which is for God’s glory and your highest good. You can trust Him to lead you in the path which is the very best in this world for you.

“Just as I am, thy love unknown,
Has broken every barrier down,
Now to be Thine, yea, Thine ALONE,
O Lamb of God, I come!”

“Life is not salvage to be saved out of the world, but an investment to be used in the world.”

Reactions: Rita and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUOTED FROM ~ J H. McC ~

I went one night to hear an address on consecration. No special message came to me from it, but as the speaker kneeled to pray, he dropped this sentence: “O Lord, Thou knowest we can trust the Man that died for us.” And that was my message. I rose and walked down the street to the train; and as I walked, I pondered deeply all that consecration might mean to my life and—I was afraid. And then, above the noise and clatter of the street traffic came to me the message: “You can trust the Man that died for you.”

I got into the train to ride homeward; and as I rode, I thought of the changes, the sacrifices, the disappointments which consecration might mean to me and—I was afraid.

I reached home and sought my room, and there upon my knees I saw my past life. I had been a Christian, an officer in the church, a Sunday-school superintendent, but had never definitely yielded my life to God.

Yet as I thought of the darling plans which might be baffled, of the cherished hopes to be surrendered, and the chosen profession which I might be called upon to abandoned—I was afraid.

I did not see the better things God had for me, so my soul was shrinking back; and then for the last time, with a swift rush of convicting power, came to my innermost heart that searching message:

“My child, you can trust the Man that died for you. If you cannot trust Him whom can you trust?”

That settled it for me, for in a flash I saw that the Man who so loved me as to die for me could be absolutely trusted with all the concerns of the life He had saved.

Friend, you can trust the Man that died for you. You can trust Him to baffle no plan which is not best to be foiled, and to carry out every one which is for God’s glory and your highest good. You can trust Him to lead you in the path which is the very best in this world for you.

“Just as I am, thy love unknown,
Has broken every barrier down,
Now to be Thine, yea, Thine ALONE,
O Lamb of God, I come!”

“Life is not salvage to be saved out of the world, but an investment to be used in the world.”

Very nice Helen. Surrendering can sure be scary, until we know that His plans for us are always better than our wildest dreams

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Today...

May we feel the strength of God today when we need it most.

May we hear the voice of Truth today if unkind voices get too loud.

May we see God's gifts around us when we think we're missing out.

May we- "taste and see that the Lord is good" !
~ ~ ~ Psalm 34:8

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most High, glorious God,
enlighten the darkness of my heart,
and give me right faith,
certain hope, and perfect charity,