The Vision part II

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm now taking a look at Wilkerson's "Set the Trumpet to Thy Mouth." I actually had the greatest difficulty with this. But let's take a serious look at how important the issues were that Wilkerson raised in '85. Did the culture really need a revamp at that time, and following? I would have to say, now, yes!

Wilkerson describes a major destruction of both the U.S. and Russia in the future. These are like the 2 remaining vestiges of the 2 halves of the old Roman Empire! We do know the centers could then move to Europe and to China, as the Bible seems to indicate.

Wilkerson paints the US as if she is the Great Harlot of the book of Revelation. And he sees Russia as the predicted Gog of Ezekiel. These are major biblical prophecies, and they involve 2 of the most heavily-armed countries in the world.

Then Wilkerson launches into an attack on a secretly-corrupt ministry. Boy is that true--not just in the Catholic Church but also in many Evangelical churches! Not only so, but the traditional churches now hire perverted ministers who openly embrace homosexuality or advocate for liberal issues. And some well known and popular ministers are actually abandoning their faith.

Wilkerson also makes a very strong attack on TV watching. To him it belongs in the category of "idol" because its entertainment value has become so compromised by immorality, sadism, and the occult that to watch it feels like committing the unpardonable sin. Though I may personally not get legalistic about this, I think the evidence involved deserves a strong consideration. Cable TV, Netflix, and Amazon have become bastions of Hollywood perversion. If a Christian watches much TV without self-censorship, it is indeed spiritually unhealthy, and becomes a form of religious compromise.

Wilkerson also attacks the compromise in Christian Music with the secular world. We have seen an attempt to adopt the "world's music" in order to win the world. It's almost a competition with the world as to who can make the better music. Christians seem interested in winning the support of their secular non-Christian peers.

In the process, the Gospel message is undermined and marginalized. Who in the world, after all, would be interested in repentance and in the cross? Some Christian musicians have in fact turned their backs on a pure gospel, focusing on tolerance or abandoning the Christian message altogether, and have turned to secular music. What exactly is "crossover music?" Can Satanic Bands really have Christian vocalists?

Another concern of Wilkerson was the Building of Religious Projects, almost as if there is a Christian "Tower of Babel." The Prosperity Preachers and Teachers create an edifice for religious triumphalism, accomplished by human strength borrowing from biblical wisdom. Materialism enters into a a Church that believes it can exert spiritual power by wisdom, numbers, and wealth. Covetousness is actually rationalized away in the name of "Christian needs and evangelism." Personal interest has overshadowed God's guidance, and pastors use the Bible as a "how to" manual, instead of a guide to spiritual living.

Wilkerson also launches into a tirade against the "Pillow Profits." This reflects very badly on Faith and Confession Teachers, who have overshadowed the Gospel and its message of holiness with a message of acceptance and tolerance. Problems arising from sin are rationalized away as the "work of the devil," or as "mistakes. Christian pastors tell their congregants how to be healed, how to solve family problems, and how to overcome poverty and depression. This is all designed to use the Gospel to make people feel happy and positive, and not make waves.

What do you think? Have you seen the same Church and World I have?