"THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH . ." (ROMANS 6:23) - NOT 'ETERNAL DEATH'.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jan 13, 2021
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's a 'No Brainer':
If the wages of sin was 'eternal death' (hypothesized by Eternal Damnationist's), then Jesus Christ has never paid the price for sin.

'Eternal Death' is a fabrication of the "cunningly devised fables" of the carnal nature of men in dense spiritual darkness. It also springs from bogus translations of the Bible.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's a 'No Brainer':
If the wages of sin was 'eternal death' (hypothesized by Eternal Damnationist's), then Jesus Christ has never paid the price for sin.

'Eternal Death' is a fabrication of the "cunningly devised fables" of the carnal nature of men in dense spiritual darkness. It also springs from bogus translations of the Bible.
Jesus paid the price for sin concerning those who would receive Him and the eternal sacrifice that He made.

In Romans 6:22, it becomes clear that the sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross sets us free from sin, so that we become servants to God, and have our fruit unto holiness. The end is everlasting life.

So, the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ our Lord.

He paid the price for those who choose Him as Saviour (from sin) and Lord of their lives.

Thus the wages of sin is still "eternal death" for those who do not receive Christ and His eternal sacrifice.

Reactions: Nancy
Jan 13, 2021
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus paid the price for sin concerning those who would receive Him and the eternal sacrifice that He made.

In Romans 6:22, it becomes clear that the sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross sets us free from sin, so that we become servants to God, and have our fruit unto holiness. The end is everlasting life.

So, the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ our Lord.

He paid the price for those who choose Him as Saviour (from sin) and Lord of their lives.

Thus the wages of sin is still "eternal death" for those who do not receive Christ and His eternal sacrifice.

I see you like Romans. Good, then factor Romans 9:16 into your analysis - "Its NOT of him that willeth or him that runneth, but GOD that shows mercy"
Also, "Romans 11:36 Out of Him and through Him and to HIM are ALL THINGS".

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see you like Romans. Good, then factor Romans 9:16 into your analysis - "Its NOT of him that willeth or him that runneth, but GOD that shows mercy"
Also, "Romans 11:36 Out of Him and through Him and to HIM are ALL THINGS".
I'm interested in how you factor in these verses in order to come to the conclusion that you have come to.

Jan 13, 2021
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I need you to elaborate more on why you think this means there is no hell...

Make a clearer and concise case for your pov.
I never said there is no hell. It's matter of interpretation.
Pick your favorite hell scripture and lets look at it

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said there is no hell. It's matter of interpretation.
Pick your favorite hell scripture and lets look at it
All of these together...

Mat 13:41, The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
Mat 13:42, And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Mat 13:49, So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
Mat 13:50, And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Mat 25:46, And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Mat 7:23, And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Mat 25:41, Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Also, consider the description of what the lake of fire will be like here:

Rev 20:10, And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

And that all whose names are not written in the Book of Life shall have their part in the lake of fire.

Rev 20:15, And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's a 'No Brainer':

I don't believe in eternal damnation, just destruction in the Lake of Fire. Throw them in, they burn like paper and it's over. But let's go back to the beginning. God told Adam and Eve if they eat of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, they will surely die. They did, but did they immediately die? No. What happened, physically, death would come much later, but their cells began to die, they aged. But it was the spiritual death, which is the separation of God. We inherited that death. We are all born spiritual separated from God. The purpose of mankind is to reconcile with God through Jesus - sometime in their life. All those who physically die who have not reconciled with God, will go to Hades and await their final judgment - destruction. Now many would argue with me on this since eternal destruction has been a traditional belief. However, the word used for eternal or everlasting, aionios, has variable meanings. When it is applied to our temporal realm, that will pass away, it means ages, lifetimes, generations, epochs, age-lasting or age-during, but it is temporal. So if the Lake of Fire is part of the earth and possibly more of an event in or one earth, then it is temporal, since the earth will be destroyed someday and replaced by a New Earth (Rev. 21:4; 2 Pet. 3:10) When aionios is applied to God, His domain or our salvation, then it should be translated as eternal.
Jesus sacrifice was sufficient for the entire planet, but His offer for eternal life, a gift, the washing away of all your sins, requires the individual to believe in Him. Basically the gospel is summed up in one sentence: Jesus died for our sins and rose on the third day according to the scriptures. Throughout the NT, the concept of putting your faith in Jesus is compulsory. He doesn't force anyone, He draws all men to Himself, but some resist and reject His offer. So then His blood cannot be applied to them. It's perfectly fair!
To believe or not to believe, that is the question.

Jan 13, 2021
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe in eternal damnation, just destruction in the Lake of Fire. Throw them in, they burn like paper and it's over. But let's go back to the beginning. God told Adam and Eve if they eat of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, they will surely die. They did, but did they immediately die? No. What happened, physically, death would come much later, but their cells began to die, they aged. But it was the spiritual death, which is the separation of God. We inherited that death. We are all born spiritual separated from God. The purpose of mankind is to reconcile with God through Jesus - sometime in their life. All those who physically die who have not reconciled with God, will go to Hades and await their final judgment - destruction. Now many would argue with me on this since eternal destruction has been a traditional belief. However, the word used for eternal or everlasting, aionios, has variable meanings. When it is applied to our temporal realm, that will pass away, it means ages, lifetimes, generations, epochs, age-lasting or age-during, but it is temporal. So if the Lake of Fire is part of the earth and possibly more of an event in or one earth, then it is temporal, since the earth will be destroyed someday and replaced by a New Earth (Rev. 21:4; 2 Pet. 3:10) When aionios is applied to God, His domain or our salvation, then it should be translated as eternal.
Jesus sacrifice was sufficient for the entire planet, but His offer for eternal life, a gift, the washing away of all your sins, requires the individual to believe in Him. Basically the gospel is summed up in one sentence: Jesus died for our sins and rose on the third day according to the scriptures. Throughout the NT, the concept of putting your faith in Jesus is compulsory. He doesn't force anyone, He draws all men to Himself, but some resist and reject His offer. So then His blood cannot be applied to them. It's perfectly fair!
To believe or not to believe, that is the question.

Romans 9:16 It is NOT of him that willeth or him that runneth, BUT GOD that shows mercy.

Jan 13, 2021
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of these together...

Mat 13:41, The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
Mat 13:42, And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Mat 13:49, So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
Mat 13:50, And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Mat 25:46, And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Mat 7:23, And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Mat 25:41, Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Also, consider the description of what the lake of fire will be like here:

Rev 20:10, And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

And that all whose names are not written in the Book of Life shall have their part in the lake of fire.

Rev 20:15, And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

You left out Matthew 8:12 "The CHILDREN OF THE KINGDOM (Immature Christians) shall be cast into outer darkness where there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth".

Mark 9:49 For ALL shall be salted with fire.

Time to begin to understand the spiritual interpretation.

To help with your false translations like "forever and ever", use this link to understand -
An Analytical Study of Words

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two aions in the furnace of fire is a long time even if you go by that interpretation....not something I would want to experience.

And for ever and ever, if you apply the word aion as being age, can be translated, "age after age" which basically means the same thing as "for ever and ever".

Jan 13, 2021
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two aions in the furnace of fire is a long time e of if you go by that interpretation....not something I would want to experience.

And for ever and ever, if you apply the word aion as being age, can be translated, "age after age" which basically means the same thing as "for ever and ever".

You think it's natural fire and don't understand spiritual fire.
I Cor 2:14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him; and he cannot know them because they are spiritually discerned;

I then won't explain to you about the "Dispensation of the Fullness of Times".

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think it's natural fire and don't understand spiritual fire.
I Cor 2:14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him; and he cannot know them because they are spiritually discerned;

I then won't explain to you about the "Dispensation of the Fullness of Times".
It is clearly a fire that will cause "wailing and gnashing of teeth" (Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 13:49-50).

Jan 13, 2021
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is clearly a fire that will cause "wailing and gnashing of teeth" (Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 13:49-50).

It's an idiom, a figure of speech -
Keep in mind Mark 9:49 ALL SHALL BE SALTED WITH FIRE -
It's called the Baptism of Fire or Lake of Fire.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's an idiom, a figure of speech -
Keep in mind Mark 9:49 ALL SHALL BE SALTED WITH FIRE -
It's called the Baptism of Fire or Lake of Fire.
That is not saying that all will go to the lake of fire...

There is also a baptism of fire that occurs with those who will not perish in the lake of fire.