The War on Error

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This and other such evils are a direct result of error...even as the well-intentioned bible opinions of our leaders takes us deeper and deeper into what we are told to avoid....in the bible.
There is no *war on error* per se.

The Bible -- the written Word of God -- is God's truth. The Lord Jesus Christ is also Truth personified. Every word from His mouth is a word of truth. Therefore man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.

And it is only by examining every idea, every philosophy, and every religion under the searchlight of Scripture that Christians can discern truth from error.

Having seen some of your posts and thoughts, unfortunately you yourself are promoting error. So this thread is rather ironic.

Reactions: CoreIssue

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is no *war on error* per se.

The Bible -- the written Word of God -- is God's truth. The Lord Jesus Christ is also Truth personified. Every word from His mouth is a word of truth. Therefore man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.

And it is only by examining every idea, every philosophy, and every religion under the searchlight of Scripture that Christians can discern truth from error.

Having seen some of your posts and thoughts, unfortunately you yourself are promoting error. So this thread is rather ironic.

How is that? Can you say one specific thing at all that is wrong in what I'm saying. You do a lot of posturing....but that's it. It's empty statements like these that make a show of the status quo being just fine...but with zero substance. It's a lawyer's trick.

Are you denying that there is a walk in the power of Christ...in His very life...that most Christians know nothing about?

Come clean.

Try making a coherent argument against what I've stated here.

The way of the devil is to make statements that are meant to be believed but not checked into. He appeals to the superficial nature of the outer man.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus Christ is looking to connect with our inner man...apart from the outer man.

It is to be...no longer "I".

But modern religion caters to the outer man at the expense of the inner man.

So there is a problem.

The natural man reads the bible and seeks to appropriate the promises for himself. God is seen as serving man and his outer man. Many churches preach this kind of message. And these churches are growing in numbers and wealth. But they are as poor as it can get spiritually.

People seem satisfied for the trade-off in a loss of spiritual life for worldly success, and religious security. We see this around the world. It is the sign of the times.

So then not only is error rampant, it is hard to comprehend anything without the error in these times.

And what is missing in all this?

A real connection to God. HIS life. Real experience of God's kingdom. The truth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and mjrhealth

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ever since the declaration of "Mission Accomplished" by those who see the bible as "the way, the truth, and the life"...the insurgency of error (or errorists) has been on the rise.

Just as Paul Bremmer confidently declared that everything he did was directed by the Lord (he did read the bible) so the depth of error and chaos has increased to the point of the rise of new evils like ISIS (Isolationanist Sects of institutional Slaveries). This and other such evils are a direct result of error...even as the well-intentioned bible opinions of our leaders takes us deeper and deeper into what we are told to avoid....in the bible.

This is about an "Enduring Freedom" from the bondage of this world.

But one would have to understand what KIND of life and freedom was being offered by Jesus in the first place if one was to seek to promote it.
Addressing the OP only. good topic, and true.

2Tim 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2Tim 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2Tim 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2Tim 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Tim 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Tim 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Tim 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
2Tim 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How is that? Can you say one specific thing at all that is wrong in what I'm saying.

OK. Let's take just one example from one of your threads. Here is what you said: The point that I was making was how a person is deemed righteous by works and not just by belief.

You did not have any Scripture to support that statement. Now anyone who is familiar with the Bible doctrine of imputed righteousness would decide that that is TOTALLY FALSE. That is because the Bible says the exact opposite:

For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Rom 4:3-5).

So that is just one example of your promoting error. You accused me of posturing, when what I do is present Scripture. So that is another error on a different plane.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Bible -- the written Word of God -- is God's truth.
No it is not, Jesus is the living word of God, and in Him alone is the truth, and has the "bible" says.

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

and so many Christians have no life because they have put an idol before God. "the bible"

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ever since the declaration of "Mission Accomplished" by those who see the bible as "the way, the truth, and the life"...the insurgency of error (or errorists) has been on the rise.

Just as Paul Bremmer confidently declared that everything he did was directed by the Lord (he did read the bible) so the depth of error and chaos has increased to the point of the rise of new evils like ISIS (Isolationanist Sects of institutional Slaveries). This and other such evils are a direct result of error...even as the well-intentioned bible opinions of our leaders takes us deeper and deeper into what we are told to avoid....in the bible.

This is about an "Enduring Freedom" from the bondage of this world.

But one would have to understand what KIND of life and freedom was being offered by Jesus in the first place if one was to seek to promote it.

"the insurgency of error (or errorists) has been on the rise." Ha, clever.
Yes, there are way too many "truths" out there, this is why it has become so hard to speak truth to the unsaved, IMHO.
I'm not sure what you mean be an "Enduring Freedom"...
Good post.

Reactions: Episkopos

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The flawed logic is in giving the bible to flawed people with flawed thinking and expecting them to see their own way out of error.

The irony is that the bible is there to reveal our true state. So then religiously errant people will interpret the bible to support their religiously errant ways. Look at all the different interpretations that are foisted on the bible....and all the divisions that the bible supposedly supports.
One God, one Jesus, one Holy Spirit, and 41 different versions of the truth. Which God do you serve, the Kj. NKJ. OKJ, NIV, NSB ASV etc etc etc.

I shall have no other Gods before me...

Reactions: Nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No it is not, Jesus is the living word of God, and in Him alone is the truth, and has the "bible" says.
How can you in good conscience deny that the Bible is God's truth? God and Jesus call it "the Word of Truth" and you are wiser than God? Here are the words of Christ, the living Word of God: Sanctify them through thy truth: thy Word is truth. (John 17:17)

So what you have done is DENY and REFUTE the words of the One who is Truth, and who calls the Word of God "thy truth".

If that above statement of yours is not a lie, then what is it? So we have error in the thread on error already!

Of course Jesus is the living Word of God, but He identifies (by the Spirit) the written Word as the living Word of God.

For the Word of God is quick*, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. (Heb 4:12,13)

*Is quick" means that it is alive and living. And it is not Christ, but the Word of God since it is identified as a metaphorical sword going out of the mouth of Christ: And out of his [Christ's] mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations... (Rev 19:15)

Which is corroborated by Ephesians 6:17: And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

and so many Christians have no life because they have put an idol before God. "the bible"
Now you are compounding your error by making such a false statement (also a straw man). No Bible-believing Christian makes an idol out of the Holy Bible, so this is just idle talk which stems from an improper understanding of what Scripture really is. Paul calls the Gospel "the power of God unto salvation" (Rom 1:16) so chances are you would accuse Paul of making an idol of the Gospel (also called the Word of God).

Reactions: Nancy and brakelite

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How can you in good conscience deny that the Bible is God's truth?
Easy watch. The bible is not the word of God, Jesus is. He is the living word and in Him is our life. You wont find life in the bible because it is not His word and it has none, He even says that, but it so ignored.

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

And so you have none.

That is why Jesus can make the claim, before Abraham was I am, because in the beginning , The word was with God and the Word was God, Because ....

Mary believed and

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

And again

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

again'

2Co_3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Should I repeat.

I shall have no Gods before me, and since you put the bible above and before God, it is an idol and so you wont, as Jesus put it, go to Him to find life.

The truth is in Him and in Him you will find no lie or you can pick the version of truth you want as so many argue over.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Easy watch. The bible is not the word of God, Jesus is.
Keep promoting your false doctrines. Those with discernment will see through your strange ideas. In fact heresies.

So why are you quoting Scripture if the Bible is not the Word of God. Do you see the hypocrisy?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Keep promoting your false doctrines. Those with discernment will see through your strange ideas. In fact heresies.

Oh because they dont conform with the status quo, just go ask all the different religions, teaching all based on the "word of God".

So why are you quoting Scripture if the Bible is not the Word of God. Do you see the hypocrisy?

Well like I said,

You wont listen to anything else. Not even Jesus nor God. and than you will read something and get "your" understanding, than when God tries to explain the truth, you will tell Him He is wrong, because God must agree with the bible, not the bible with God, Just to think if everyone went to Jesus, we would have no need for a book for we would all have the Living word. He is there just waiting, I wonder how many will accept His invitation.

Rev_3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Will you or do you prefer teh bible to Him.....

if one is to say but teh bible is all I have, than you have nothing.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"the insurgency of error (or errorists) has been on the rise." Ha, clever.
Yes, there are way too many "truths" out there, this is why it has become so hard to speak truth to the unsaved, IMHO.
I'm not sure what you mean be an "Enduring Freedom"...
Good post.
When we are in Christ we have an enduring freedom. A real freedom. The truth sets us free.

In the world we have a counterfeit of these things....like operation "enduring freedom" (think the Afghanistan war)....which is actually no freedom at all.

Just like Coca-cola purports to be "the real thing". But again this is superficiality packaged in a slogan that claims the reality of a false truth.

The modern churches have likewise latched on to this kind of superficiality....as a spirit of error. Sloganeering is not on the level of anything that is holy. It is aimed at the natural man. Nothing superficial goes deeply and affects the inner man....only real truth does that.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Salvation is not static, as many believe. There is no line drawn in the sand whereby once the line has been crossed one time.... there is eternal salvation for that one. This is what the devil promotes to fool people from advancing in the truth.

The devil will walk circles around the one who has taken up a static defensive posture concerning salvation. The devil knows how to outmaneuver those who don't see the 3 dimensional aspects of the truth. The truth is very deep and cannot be held on to by a lukewarm or superficial grasp. even if one gets very adamant about how saved they are...this so often is just a reaction from the outward natural man based on pride.

There is no replacing a seeking of the truth in depth.

Is. 12:3 With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.

The wells of salvation implies the kind of depth that one must go to to move forward in the process of salvation. And we must do this on an ongoing basis.

As an aside here...the word for "well" in Hebrew is the same as for "eye." So then the passage could also mean that there are tears (water) of joy for those who progress in salvation.

We are to keep moving forward with an ever increasing faith and faithfulness. We are to go from faith to faith and glory to glory. If we are not moving forward always...then we are surely sliding backwards into a natural position that brings no life.

We must guard against backsliding to a natural life of being overcome...rather than remaining in a life in the inner man that overcomes the world.

Php_1:9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;

1Th_4:1 Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more.

1Th_4:10 And indeed ye do it toward all the brethren which are in all Macedonia: but we beseech you, brethren, that ye increase more and more;

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we are in Christ we have an enduring freedom. A real freedom. The truth sets us free.

In the world we have a counterfeit of these things....like operation "enduring freedom" (think the Afghanistan war)....which is actually no freedom at all.

Just like Coca-cola purports to be "the real thing". But again this is superficiality packaged in a slogan that claims the reality of a false truth.

The modern churches have likewise latched on to this kind of superficiality....as a spirit of error. Sloganeering is not on the level of anything that is holy. It is aimed at the natural man. Nothing superficial goes deeply and affects the inner man....only real truth does that.
"In the world we have a counterfeit of these things....like operation "enduring freedom" (think the Afghanistan war)....which is actually no freedom at all."
Gotcha ;)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Will you or do you prefer the bible to Him.....
Another straw man argument by someone who rejects the Bible as the Word of God. As if it is an either/or proposition.
Just to think if everyone went to Jesus, we would have no need for a book for we would all have the Living word.
Another nonsensical statement from another *guru* who makes up his own theology. Paul, writing by divine inspiration, and fully representing the mind of Christ, had this to say about Scripture:

2 TIMOTHY 3
14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Another straw man argument by someone who rejects the Bible as the Word of God. As if it is an either/or proposition.
So you are going to take that up with Him are you, or are you afraid of the truth. You know what He said about the truth setting us free.

Joh_8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

than

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

You want to know the bible read it, and than you can contend with all the other "bible " readers and believers, or you can seek Him and know Him, it is your choice.

Act_17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

He is as far away as you want Him to be or as close as you desire. But people wold rather know the bible than Him, He eve said it in the BIBLE.

Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

And like He said, they dont and wont, than they whinge because nothing happens.