• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe it or not, mocking is founded in the Bible, and it has an interesting definition, that to me for individuals whom are Christian should learn and know about for themselves.

This book can be purchased fairly cheap on eBay, and it is called Vines Old and New Testament Word dictionary.

The photo below is from the book, and how the words are defined.

Even Christians can mock other Christian’s believe it or not. Just remember that God does see us, and that to try and make a mockery out of other Christians, for me personally is not right. However you may differ.

May God be praised.image.jpgimage.jpg

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Vines is an excellent re
Believe it or not, mocking is founded in the Bible, and it has an interesting definition, that to me for individuals whom are Christian should learn and know about for themselves.

This book can be purchased fairly cheap on eBay, and it is called Vines Old and New Testament Word dictionary.

The photo below is from the book, and how the words are defined.

Even Christians can mock other Christian’s believe it or not. Just remember that God does see us, and that to try and make a mockery out of other Christians, for me personally is not right. However you may differ.

May God be praised.View attachment 24896View attachment 24897
Vines is an excellent resource.
There are way too many cliques in the church's today and, they don't even try to hide it. They've no problem dismissing you if you do not fit into their pattern for you according to them. A sad commentary on the church of our Lord!
Good post Matthew, people hurt their own brothers and sisters when they shun them and do not include them. doldrums

Reactions: Heart2Soul

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Vines is an excellent re

Vines is an excellent resource.
There are way too many cliques in the church's today and, they don't even try to hide it. They've no problem dismissing you if you do not fit into their pattern for you according to them. A sad commentary on the church of our Lord!
Good post Matthew, people hurt their own brothers and sisters when they shun them and do not include them. doldrums

You are right, it is true.

Remember the old saying “sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.”

That is a false saying and not true at all. The words we speak can bring forth life or death to an individual. Jesus was mocked, and laughed at, and scorned because he just simply came to speak the truth. That truth cuts us down to our basic level of realizing we can never do what he has done. To think we could ever compare ourselves to his level, and be a judge for Him, is incorrect.

Many people reject and even mock the main message that as Christians we should all have by faith and do.

To have unconditional love for God and for our fellowman.

This Letter written by Paul to his brother Philemon who was a beloved friend and solider for Christ is revealing.

“I thank my God, making mention of you always in my prayers, hearing of your love and faith which you have toward the Lord Jesus and toward all the saints, that the sharing of your faith may become effective by the acknowledgment of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus. For we have great joy and consolation in your love, because the hearts of the saints have been refreshed by you, brother.”
‭‭Philemon‬ ‭1:4-7‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
May the God of peace and his grace be with you, and may we be able to love all people by and through the strength given which is not from ourselves but from Jesus Christ himself who lives in and through us, as along as we decide to abide in Him.

May God be praised over all.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are right, it is true.

Remember the old saying “sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.”

That is a false saying and not true at all. The words we speak can bring forth life or death to an individual. Jesus was mocked, and laughed at, and scorned because he just simply came to speak the truth. That truth cuts us down to our basic level of realizing we can never do what he has done. To think we could ever compare ourselves to his level, and be a judge for Him, is incorrect.

Many people reject and even mock the main message that as Christians we should all have by faith and do.

To have unconditional love for God and for our fellowman.

This Letter written by Paul to his brother Philemon who was a beloved friend and solider for Christ is revealing.

“I thank my God, making mention of you always in my prayers, hearing of your love and faith which you have toward the Lord Jesus and toward all the saints, that the sharing of your faith may become effective by the acknowledgment of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus. For we have great joy and consolation in your love, because the hearts of the saints have been refreshed by you, brother.”
‭‭Philemon‬ ‭1:4-7‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
May the God of peace and his grace be with you, and may we be able to love all people by and through the strength given which is not from ourselves but from Jesus Christ himself who lives in and through us, as along as we decide to abide in Him.

May God be praised over all.

You are so correct, words hurt and cut deeply and ya can't take them back. We will be responsible for every one.
The old man knee jerk reaction to nastiness is to dish it out even worse but, that makes one no different than the original offender.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God himself is pretty good at laughing at heathen artifacts..:)
"Like a scarecrow in a cucumber field, their idols cannot speak; they must be carried because they cannot walk. Do not fear them; they can do no harm nor can they do any good” (Jeremiah 10:5)

rel-Scarecrow.jpg

And Star Trek showed us how to deal with them..:)

star-trek-Enterprise toasts Vaal.jpg

Reactions: Nancy and MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God himself is pretty good at laughing at heathen artifacts..:)
"Like a scarecrow in a cucumber field, their idols cannot speak; they must be carried because they cannot walk. Do not fear them; they can do no harm nor can they do any good” (Jeremiah 10:5)

View attachment 24916

And Star Trek showed us how to deal with them..:)

View attachment 24917

This reminds me of an episode on Hey Arnold, with Helga.

0:44 Seconds.

Thank you for sharing Dropship.

Reactions: Nancy and Dropship

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haha, it was a lyric from the song, @Matthias I need to get off here though, my flesh likes to be able to commune on here for so long brother.

Love to you and all.

Reactions: Nancy and Matthias