"The word was a god"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Like mocking
No one is mocking, you are, like a oseh hamelachah, A scoffer seeketh chochmah, and findeth it not, but da'as cometh easily unto him that is discerning.
עד אמונים לא יכזב ויפיח כזבים עד שׁקר׃
ְּאֵ֣ין אֲ֭לָפִים אֵב֣וּס בָּ֑ר וְרָב־תְּ֝בוּאֹ֗ות בְּכֹ֣חַ שֹֽׁור׃
עֵ֣ד אֱ֭מוּנִים לֹ֣א יְכַזֵּ֑ב וְיָפִ֥יחַ כְּ֝זָבִ֗ים עֵ֣ד שָֽׁקֶר׃
OJB.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
What do, or would, you call “three beings became one in the Hebrew God, a unity”?
Echad

ac: Unite co: Unit ab: Unity: The pictograph h is a picture of a wall. The d is a picture of a door. Combined these mean "wall door". A wall separates the inside from the outside. Only through the door can one enter or exit uniting the inside with the outside.
A) Dh% (Dh% HhD) ac: ? co: Unite ab: ?: Two or more coming together as a unity.
....there is your "unity"

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Echad

ac: Unite co: Unit ab: Unity: The pictograph h is a picture of a wall. The d is a picture of a door. Combined these mean "wall door". A wall separates the inside from the outside. Only through the door can one enter or exit uniting the inside with the outside.
A) Dh% (Dh% HhD) ac: ? co: Unite ab: ?: Two or more coming together as a unity.
....there is your "unity"

We’ve previously discussed how “one” can, and sometimes does, modify collective nouns - in any language, not just Hebrew. So what does your comment have to do with the question I asked @DanielConway? Do you understand why I asked him the question that I did?

Reactions: ChristisGod

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You want to dialogue?

Have you ever been in a conversation with someone where the person pauses and then asks if you would like to have a conversation with him or her?

I’ve only experienced that once, and I’m not sure yet what to make of it.

DanielConway

May 8, 2022
columbia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it's time to completely restage the nature of the argument with the trinitarian deniers here. Jesus said of the true Church, "you shall know them by their fruits.", and presumably as his true church they would have an accurate notion of his divinity. My understanding of the JWs is that they have been in trouble with the authorities almost since their formation and generally make themselves a shrill voiced pest wherever they appear. I do not claim that every voice that proclaims itself Christian is a positive member of whatever society it finds itself in but the general history of orthodox belief has been one of a quite but discernible uplifting of whatever people group where God has placed it.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK. With all due respect, I've found anyone who uses the terms 'godhead' or 'oneness' are mystics who assert illogical things, which is rejected out of hand.

Deference is given, not to possible confusion of oneness, but to the 20,000 x God is referred to in Scripture using singular pronouns. This refers to a Being, a Supreme Being, who is 1, singular, which stands alone, not a plurality, a unity of multiplicity of persons. YHWH says over and over again that he (singular) is the only God.

I recognize even today people still use the term "one" figuratively, to mean they are on the same page. "Your mother and I are one on this matter" means they are of the same opinion, not they are the same Being.

I (singular) am Yahweh, and there is no other.
There is no other Elohim besides me (singular).

Isaiah 45:5 NOG (Emphasis added)

I (singular) am El, and there is no other.
I (singular) am Elohim, and there’s no one like me (singular).

Isaih 46:9 (Emphasis added)

You will know that I (singular) am in Israel.
I (singular) am Yahweh your Elohim, and there is no other.

Joel 2:27 (Emphasis added)
Is Elohim singular? Elohim | Hebrew god

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not just JW's brother....
I know. But you could say the JW's here do generate discussion and expose the WatchTower and Kingdom Hall's blatant Bible attacks for all honest Christians to witness for Judgment Day! Honestly, are there any Bible verses that JW's don't try to rewrite to change the meaning? It should be obvious that Satan sends his messengers to convince people that there is no eternal Hell. He wants our company in Hell "forever and ever".

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You didn't answer the question
The she’elah is already explained to these Baal Torah's.
Explain to us the mashal
but there was none that could explain it to me.
They have no da'as nor binah; for their eyes [the eyes of the idol people] are smeared over, that they cannot see; and their levavot, that they cannot understand.

Stay strong in Christ Jesus brother

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You didn't answer the question

Elohim is always plural in form but may be either singular or plural in meaning depending on the context. When used in reference to Yahweh it is always singular in meaning.

Yahweh is “God” (elohim, plural in form, singular in meaning).

Yahweh isn’t “gods” (elohim, plural in form, plural in meaning).

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Elohim is always plural in form but may be either singular or plural in meaning depending on the context. When used in reference to Yahweh it is always singular in meaning.

Yahweh is “God” (elohim, plural in form, singular in meaning).

Yahweh isn’t “gods” (elohim, plural in form, plural in meaning).
God said "Let US make a man"

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
God said "Let US make a man"

You’re paraphrasing, but that’s right. The question has always been, who is the “us” referring to? and - to your elohim question - does it mean that elohim (“God”) is plural in meaning?

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re paraphrasing, but that’s right. The question has always been, who is the “us” referring to? and - to your elohim question - does it mean that elohim (“God”)is plural in meaning?
It's a plural word used in the singular tense. A hint of the Trinity