Theory of Evolution

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you believe man has evovled from primates?

• no

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • yes

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe we came from any animal. never believe it then in school, nor now. our bodies came from the same source, Earth/dirt, and that's all.

#1. Man was FORMED before the animals.

#2. Animals was brought to Adam after they was formed. because it was not good for the man to be alone.

#3. even Eve the woman, was formed on day 6, she was formed from the man, and not any animals.

so I see no linage from any animal.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
so I see no linage from any animal.
well, the RCC could not see the earth revolving the sun, either, wadr. doesn't mean it isn't true.

i wanna be perfectly clear here; i have no beliefs about creation. or to put that a better way, creation will not have changed regardless of what my belief about it currently is, or comes to be.
our bodies came from the same source, Earth/dirt, and that's all
imo "the dust of the earth" is intentionally made distinct here from plain old "dust," which would have served perfectly well if that had been meant, i mean, why add "of the earth" to "dust" otherwise. Even "dust to dust" will verify what i mean here, when you observe what happens to a corpse. Dust is (effectively) inert; dust of the earth is not. Dust is universal; dust of the earth is not, or at least we have yet to find any extraterrestrial "dust of the earth."
imo
endingacentu.jpg

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
We also share 50% of our DNA with bananas. Does that mean one our distant relatives is a banana?
yes, and this has already been realized on a certain level. If we go back far enough, we can see that every electron was once correlated, to put it in physics terms. You are a relative of the banana, and you are not a relative of dust or rocks or other things not derived from the dust of the earth

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
From the article:

Mating between different species that results in offspring isn't that unusual - famous examples include mules, the product of mating between a male donkey and a mare. There are also ligers, a cross between a male lion and female tiger.
bet the birds don't suffer the fertility issues though huh.

so i guess i'll grant that cross breeding via human intervention def does not = evolution

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha either that or crossbreeding is all evolution is. You do not know, and here we have an example of much more learned men disagreeing with you

If crossbreeding is all evolution is, where did the animals that make crossbreeding possible come from? They had to come from somewhere. How did these creatures come into existence?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, and this has already been realized on a certain level. If we go back far enough, we can see that every electron was once correlated, to put it in physics terms. You are a relative of the banana, and you are not a relative of dust or rocks or other things not derived from the dust of the earth

This is simply a rejection of the scriptures.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If crossbreeding is all evolution is, where did the animals that make crossbreeding possible come from? They had to come from somewhere. How did these creatures come into existence?
well tbh i doubt that crossbreeding is all there is, it is just that i am aware how unusual crossbreeding is in nature; animals pretty much strictly do not crossbreed, except in unusual circumstances, as the link illustrates.

So, to answer your Q here imo it is best to understand how natural selection really works, and how we can select for diff characteristics, to say make a Great Dane or a Chihuahua from the same raw material, + time and generations, even though they could both still interbreed theoretically

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well tbh i doubt that crossbreeding is all there is, it is just that i am aware how unusual crossbreeding is in nature; animals pretty much strictly do not crossbreed, except in unusual circumstances, as the link illustrates.

So, to answer your Q here imo it is best to understand how natural selection really works, and how we can select for diff characteristics, to say make a Great Dane or a Chihuahua from the same raw material, + time and generations, even though they could both still interbreed theoretically

That doesn't answer the question of how they came into being in the first place. Where did these animals come from?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
This is simply a rejection of the scriptures.
so you say, and i don't disagree that on some level you might be right, but nonetheless it should be obvious that "you" have more in common with a banana than a rock, spiritual symbology aside.

For instance, just extracting that "you" up there, you might think "you" are a collection of specific DNA/RNA genes that could be observed anywhere inside of "you," when "you" are vastly in the minority even inside "you," your genes are in the minority, not the majority. "You" do not even exist they way they teach in HS. "You" have 1000 different flora living on your skin, that "you" are antibacterializing daily lol. Your gut bacteria are prolly mostly all gone by now. etc

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Where did these animals come from?
i would reframe the Q, as "crossbreeding" is involved here, which imo muddies the issue. I think in the natural order, natural selection is much more prevalent, and crossbreeding is only evident in cases of disruption. Iow i bet we are about to see an explosion of crossbreeding, because we are also in a mass extinction event, but this is not "normal." imo