Theory of Evolution

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you believe man has evovled from primates?

• no

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • yes

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did it ever occur to you that the reason we share DNA with virtually everything on this planet is because we were all created from the same source?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to my mind this is almost like asking where the new flora that spring up in the newly exposed sunlight when a tree falls down in the jungle come from, if you will

That still doesn't answer the question. Where did they come from?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
malaysia-education-system.jpg

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
That still doesn't answer the question. Where did they come from?
the endless series of natural selections that occurred as species differentiated according to their specific conditions, is my guess

iow an analogue of the same place Great Danes and Chihuahuas came from

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the endless series of natural selections that occurred as species differentiated according to their specific conditions, is my guess

iow an analogue of the same place Great Danes and Chihuahuas came from

You're not understanding the question or you're simply avoiding it, I don't know.

Life on this planet had to originate from somewhere. Where did that life come from?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You're not understanding the question or you're simply avoiding it, I don't know.
imagine how hard it would be to convince you that Great Danes and Chihuahuas were even the same species though, if you were not already aware of the mechanics.
Life on this planet had to originate from somewhere. Where did that life come from?
"the dust of the earth" strikes me as a poetic way to put it, that i could hardly improve upon tbh. Life came from cells, doing what cells do, and you are just a collection of cells, a few of which could be verified to be "Job," hanging out with a bunch of other floral and faunal DNA, and if you removed them, you could not even exist.

so a point here is that these "animals" you seek to define so completely are much the same, iow they dissolve under close scrutiny as well. Not meaning to be coy there

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Life came from cells, doing what cells do, and you are just a collection of cells, a few of which could be verified to be "Job," hanging out with a bunch of other floral and faunal DNA, and if you removed them, you could not even exist.

Ok, now explain where those cells originated.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
imo "the dust of the earth" is intentionally made distinct here from plain old "dust," which would have served perfectly well if that had been meant, i mean, why add "of the earth" to "dust" otherwise.

Genesis 2
7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 2
7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

I guess to to some people this means he formed man from the dust of an ape....:confused:.....boy, the twists and turns people put into the Biblical narrative.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i'd say that it is more like "who adds a descriptor to the word "dust?" kinda thing, but then i am not trying to know anyway.
"...of the Earth" has significance imo, but i could be wrong there

And i could culture and magnify some of "you" that would prolly give you nightmares for the rest of your life lol. What i find most amazing there is how egocentric we are, yet at the same time how clueless most ppl seem to be about even feeding themselves.

This naivete about our origins also disconnects us from who we really are imo too; meaning our more recent origins, no one knows a single name of one of their great grandparents, as a rule, like that. I have no idea if we evolved from an ancestor common with apes or not, but it is funny how we never look up for danger, i guess, and you really can't fake stuff like that

We have a huge wave of ppl now exhibiting Crohn's symptoms, leaky gut etc, makes the heroin epidemic look like a party.
i dunno where the cells came from lol, from God, i mean why ponder the unknowable, but i do know that cells are alive, and have to breath, and eat, and waste. Antibiotics are the WMDs we should have been worrying about.

Last edited:

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
explain where the dust is in decomposition lol. There is no dust, practically speaking, see. A euphemism is being taken literally here, God as Samantha or whatever

You haven't answered my question regarding the origin of cells. You need to address that issue first before we can move on to another topic.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You haven't answered my question regarding the origin of cells. You need to address that issue first before we can move on to another topic.
the topic is the same, and watching a body decompose and leave no literal dust is intrinsic to understanding our bodies, imo. Developed World Christians uniformly have about 1/3 less beneficial flora in and on them, as near as i can tell--from my own census, haven't looked for any official doc there--basically like watching a slow motion Hara Kiri or something, dunno. Origin of cells? God.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
God. Do you really believe the cells came from God or are you just saying that because you're on a christian website?
yes, Job, i understood your question, i just don't really see the point in asking it, i mean like i am going to say "oh i'm just saying that" anyway. Obv i would lie here even if i believed that right. So, to give you a relevant reply, even if we find aliens tomorrow who are discovered to have seeded the earth with cells 5 billion years ago, i would still insist that God made the cells alive, at least until proven otherwise. But i take "dust of the earth" more literally than most ppl, and i srsly doubt a single alien will ever be found

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, Job, i understood your question, i just don't really see the point in asking it, i mean like i am going to say "oh i'm just saying that" anyway. Obv i would lie here even if i believed that right. So, to give you a relevant reply, even if we find aliens tomorrow who are discovered to have seeded the earth with cells 5 billion years ago, i would still insist that God made the cells alive, at least until proven otherwise. But i take "dust of the earth" more literally than most ppl, and i srsly doubt a single alien will ever be found

So you believe those cells somehow evolved into life as we know it today? What do you believe the first life form was?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So you believe those cells somehow evolved into life as we know it today?
if they are in fact the dust of the earth, i would say that that is quite possible, yes.
What do you believe the first life form was?
We have just recently discovered "plenipotentiary" cells, hmm, i even spelled that right.
Imo these are perhaps a good analogy, and imo the timing of this discovery is also...perfect. Guess it would take a page to clarify that, but whatever. We put a man on the moon in '69 or whenever, only took us 40 more years to figure out something about our own bodies, yay. It would take several pages to explore how this info was actually suppressed, as long as possible, i guess

Last edited: