There Ain’t No Way This Guy Is Saved......Right?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If Peter was so “ hot” why did Jesus tell us to “ Follow Paul”

In Second Peter even Peter admitted that even though Paul was “ hard to understand “ sometimes, Paul’s words were the equal of anythingbto be found in Scripture.....

Peter was a great man, no doubt about it, but if you are a Gentile, you are better served to get your Doctrine from God's Messenger to the Gentiles —- PAUL ...
Paul was always subject to the Church.

It is incorrect to regard St. Paul as some kind of spiritual “lone ranger,” on his own with no particular ecclesiastical allegiance, since he was commissioned by Jesus Himself as an Apostle.
  • In his very conversion experience, Jesus informed Paul that he would be told what to do (Acts 9:6; cf.9:17). (told by whom? Did Jesus appear a 2nd time to tell him what to do??? hmm...no.)

• He went to see St. Peter in Jerusalem for fifteen days in order to be confirmed in his calling (Galatians 1:18),

• and fourteen years later was commissioned by Peter, James, and John (Galatians 2:1-2,9).

• He was also sent out by the Church at Antioch (Acts 13:1-4), which was in contact with the Church at Jerusalem (Acts 11:19-27).

• Later on, Paul reported back to Antioch (Acts 14:26-28).

• Acts 15:2 states: “. . . Paul and Barnabas and some of the others were appointed to go up to Jerusalem to the apostles and the elders about this question.” (did Paul appoint himself??? hmm...no)

• The next verse refers to Paul and Barnabas being sent on their way by the church.”

• Paul did what he was told to do by the Jerusalem Council (where he played no huge role),

• and Paul and Barnabas were sent off, or commissioned by the council (15:22-27), and shared its binding teachings in their missionary journeys: “. . . delivered to them for observance the decisions which had been reached by the apostles and elders who were at Jerusalem” (Acts 16:4).
  • The Jerusalem Council certainly regarded its teachings as infallible, and guided by the Holy Spirit Himself. The records we have of it don’t even record much discussion about biblical prooftexts, and the main issue was circumcision (where there is a lot of Scripture to draw from). Paul accepted its authority and proclaimed its teachings (Acts 16:4).
Furthermore, Paul appears to be passing on his office to Timothy (1 Tim 6:20; 2 Tim 1:6, 13-14; 2 Tim 4:1-6), and tells him to pass his office along, in turn (2 Tim 2:1-2) which would be another indication of apostolic succession in the Bible.

The attempt to pretend that St. Paul was somehow on his own, disconnected to the institutional Church, has always failed, as unbiblical.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul was always subject to the Church.

After his conversion, Paul never felt any need to RUSH DOWN to kiss the Ring Of Peter or anybody else......he had been taught for three years by Jesus personally and he did not the approval of Peter or anybody else......in fact, he waited two years before he went to visit Peter and his attitude was that he didn’t care a whit if these “esteemed” Disciples agreed with him or not—- he was not intimidated by their Lofty Positions.....

As usual, Peter was messing up with something or other and this time it was his hypocrisy revealed, by the fact that he would not eat with Gentiles when the Legalistic Jews were around.......Far from being the timid soul who went down to Jerusalem “with his hat in his hand” begging for the approval of Peter and others, he Confronted Peter “ To His Face” and straightened him out—— Notice it as * PAUL* who Corrected Peter—— NOT the other way around.....

It was at this meeting that the Apostles extended to Paul the “ right hand of fellowship” to show that he was 100% accepted by that group and it was decided that Paul would preach to the Gentiles and the disciples would preach to the Unbelieving Jews....Are you a Jew or a Gentile? You need to obey Jesus and do what Paul said to do , “ Follow me ( Paul ) as I follow Christ.” Jesus never told Peter to say , “ Follow me as I follow Christ”...... a wise man would learn something from that......Obey your most recent “Marching Orders” — Follow Paul.....or Follow the guy that had to be corrected at almost every turn.....that was not a knock on Peter—- he was a great man and still the only man that I am aware of that ever walked on water ....I am just sayin’ ....Do what God said....” Follow Paul”——- he never preached False and Perverted “ Gospels” Of Purgatory, Mary Worship or wine magically turning into blood, etc, etc, etc......and neither did Peter, James or John......

Reactions: Addy

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The attempt to pretend that St. Paul was somehow on his own, disconnected to the institutional Church, has always failed, as unbiblical

Paul was not “disconnected” ......had Peter not Repented and come to his senses about eating with Gentiles when the Jews were present, he WOULD have been! Paul had the courage and confidence to “ Withstand Peter to his face” .....Had Paul not taken his Brave stand and set Peter straight right then and there, Christianity could well have turned out to be just an offshoot of Judaism....pretty much what Catholicism turned out to be.....a bunch of meaningless traditions and rules with a little bit of “ Jesus” sprinkled on top of it......

Reactions: Addy

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
OHHHHHHH BB is on a roll... the coven of Catholics must be back... IGNORE is a lovely feature but it sort of messes up the flow of things.

I'm sure @Blood Bought 1953 that you can handle them... I have had it up to my eyeballs with this brood of vipers.

I will hear your confession afterwards... LOL ... I will make you eat a bowl of brussels sprouts for your penance. That will cure you of your sin.

The funny thing about these debates... is that they always seem to DIS-REGARD the testimonies of ex-Catholics... as being unreliable... I believe the opposite is true... If you want to hear TRUTH about Catholicism... DO NOT go onto the Catholic sites.... ASK a former CATHOLIC... They are more willing to share the truth.

Last edited:
Reactions: BloodBought 1953

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OHHHHHHH BB is on a roll... the coven of Catholics must be back... IGNORE is a lovely feature but it sort of messes up the flow of things.

I'm sure @Blood Bought 1953 that you can handle them... I have had it up to my eyeballs with this brood of vipers.

I will hear your confession afterwards... LOL ... I will make you eat a bowl of brussels sprouts for your penance. That will cure you of your sin.

The funny thing about these debates... is that they always seem to DIS-REGARD the testimonies of ex-Catholics... as being unreliable... I believe the opposite is true... If you want to hear TRUTH about Catholicism... DO NOT go onto the Catholic sites.... ASK a former CATHOLIC... They are more willing to share the truth.
Even the most positive can certainly be a negative. I also an ex-catholic, but I am unable to testify personally to any of the worst things I have heard. But... without providing a lot of my own details, I am Ex-catholic or former Catholic. In spite of my good memories from my Catholic days, in this moment, I could not go back.

To be fair, I also see no places among the others designated [Pentecostal, Protestant, etc.] where I could do more than visit. I would like to have such a place to call my 'church home' but where is a place where the Holy Ghost is always leading or where at least, the people are striving to allow the Holy Ghost to be leading? I know there are some better than others, but I cannot search for that. I now must be led. How can that happen if I push ahead myself to search?

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33