There Are No People In Heaven / The Kingdom.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus placed heaven"up".
Looked up when he prayed.
Please test your theories.

Consider testing your beliefs against scripture.

Jesus said, and scripture records that the Kingdom of God is within you. He “looked up” in Recognition that it is a higher realm, not that it is physically at some position above.

It’s a spiritual realm, not a physical “place.” It’s a realm within a realm— the higher and greater reality. This physical world is a mere reflection/representation/image of those things “above.” Not above— physically. Beyond.

Like the husk is just the covering of the Life within the seed.

Last edited:

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone with a concordance or dictionary can see that "vision" or scene or occurrence are synonymous. Not the definition that you are promoting.
Well, sir, I checked. What I found out about the word presented "vision" was:

ὅραμα, ὁράματος, τό (ὁράω), that which is seen, a sight, spectacle: Acts 7:31; Matthew 17:9;

Nothing told me that this is a synonym for "occurrence."

I also found:

2 Pe 1:16–18 For we did not follow cleverly devised myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For when he received honor and glory from God the Father, and the voice was borne to him by the Majestic Glory, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased,” we ourselves heard this very voice borne from heaven, for we were with him on the holy mountain.

So, I guess that we can simply disagree because I will go with what I found.

Reactions: Phil . and Mr E

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 6:19-21 (NIV):

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Reactions: Mr E

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, sir, I checked. What I found out about the word presented "vision" was:

ὅραμα, ὁράματος, τό (ὁράω), that which is seen, a sight, spectacle: Acts 7:31; Matthew 17:9;

Nothing told me that this is a synonym for "occurrence."

I also found:

2 Pe 1:16–18 For we did not follow cleverly devised myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For when he received honor and glory from God the Father, and the voice was borne to him by the Majestic Glory, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased,” we ourselves heard this very voice borne from heaven, for we were with him on the holy mountain.

So, I guess that we can simply disagree because I will go with what I found.
Ummmmm

2,000 years ago on a different continent in another language and mindset that doesn't have the same equivalents in English and you are going to risk your immortal soul on being extremely divergent from what Jesus told the Theif on the Cross and also what Paul said about "to be absent the body is to be present with the Lord" and then there's Stephen...the first martyr....Jesus stood to honor his entrance to heaven.

Got it!
You are nuts!

• Haha
Reactions: MA2444

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmmm

2,000 years ago on a different continent in another language and mindset that doesn't have the same equivalents in English and you are going to risk your immortal soul on being extremely divergent from what Jesus told the Theif on the Cross and also what Paul said about "to be absent the body is to be present with the Lord" and then there's Stephen...the first martyr....Jesus stood to honor his entrance to heaven.

Got it!
You are nuts!
Ok, then thank you for saving me a trip to the shrink.

Have you ever thought about scriptural conversations that do not require you to insult or demean the people who disagree with you?

• Love
Reactions: Phil . and Mr E

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, then thank you for saving me a trip to the shrink.

Have you ever thought about scriptural conversations that do not require you to insult or demean the people who disagree with you?

For a moment there was hope. For a moment- he 'was done with you.'

Sadly, like so many things..... that was a lie.

Reactions: Phil .

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider testing your beliefs against scripture.

Jesus said, and scripture records that the Kingdom of God is within you. He “looked up” in Recognition that it is a higher realm, not that it is physically at some position above.

It’s a spiritual realm, not a physical “place.” It’s a realm within a realm— the higher and greater reality. This physical world is a mere reflection/representation/image of those things “above.” Not above— physically. Beyond.

Like the husk is just the covering of the Life within the seed.
At his ascension He went UP
Paul went UP. To heaven.
John was taken UP to heaven.
What does "ascension" mean?
Heaven is obviously up.
" The earth is His footstool "
The bible DIRECTLY contradicts you.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Arent there 3 heavens? The first heaven is our atmosphere where the birds fly. The 2nd heaven where the planets and solar system is (and where the evil ones dwell) And the 3rd heaven above those where God dwells with His Kingdom. Which encompasses both of the other heavens also.

That's how I learned it.

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At his ascension He went UP
Paul went UP. To heaven.
John was taken UP to heaven.
What does "ascension" mean?
Heaven is obviously up.
" The earth is His footstool "
The bible DIRECTLY contradicts you.
The kingdom of God is within you.

This, reality, direct experience now… is already heaven.

As this is already heaven, and there are no people in heaven, there are no people which ‘get to’ or ‘ascend to’ heaven.

Last edited:

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Arent there 3 heavens? The first heaven is our atmosphere where the birds fly. The 2nd heaven where the planets and solar system is (and where the evil ones dwell) And the 3rd heaven above those where God dwells with His Kingdom. Which encompasses both of the other heavens also.

That's how I learned it.
The three heavens is pointing concepts to that this is heaven, which no one is in.