There is almost zero in here that looks anything like Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think several people have pointed out that the OP does not ask any questions, let alone a ‘simple’ question

Reactions: Job and Helen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I believe prayer can be many things...it can be praise, worship, intercession, travail supplication...etc etc..

Yes indeed Jesus mentioned prayer.
But hardly something which forum are full of , which is the topic here.
He also mentioned

"If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it...."
" If you abide in Me..."
" I Am the Door, If any man enter in..."

" If you love them as I love...
"If you seek Him you will find..."

" If you believe in ... "
None of these things are legislated.

Your question? :)
No question.

This is what you posted in no. 84:

I can't find anywhere in the bible where praise, worship, or testimonies are legislated. That is why this forums has so many 'rooms' to choose to chat in.

Indeed prayer IS praise and worship, so it IS in the bible.
Jesus DID legislate it.
He didn't say IF you pray, (as your above examples)
He said WHEN you pray...
Mathew 6:5

Just wondering if you didn't think prayer was praise and worship....

B

Butterfly

I have been mulling over the OP, it does raise questions - not sure I have evaluated in the right way or not.
On forums we do seem to spend most of our time ' debating this and that theology ' and ' discussing which church is right and which truth is correct ' ect ect - but this is not testimony about what God is doing in our lives, or sharing what Christ is doing through us as we live in our different environments, countries, homes, ect ect.
True testimony is about sharing and strengthening one another, and others if God is able to use what he is doing in our lives, but what is gained by spending so much time discussing the same old subjects over and over again- is that a destraction, more so when often as not, there is very little openness from some to reflect and think about what is being said. It's often about agendas and motives. What is gained spiritually from spending so much time partaking in that side of forum life ?
I guess it depends on whether or not you grow and learn as a Christian from what is being said, if it changes prospective and alters how you view things in your own environment ect.
I believe forums CAN be a distraction, but it's like so many other things in our lives - tv, radio, computer games, magazines, films, dare I say, even church activities distract us from doing things that God wants.
Do I think it is always the case, no.
I join forums to connect, I work Sunday's in a care home and have long been dissallusioned by religion within church. I tend to read what is being said and weigh things up, I may not end up agreeing but it can help me to define, or refine, what I believe.
Sword, you cannot completely believe that forums are a waste of time , other wise it would be hypocritical of you to be spending time here and joining in.
My testimony of what God has done and how he uses me will remain , all the waffling and discussing I partake in, well that will not withstand the fire !
I am not totally sure that's what you were getting at, and I have not been here that long.
Your ' gift ' of evaluating people needs some work though, you cannot possible ' know a person ' unless you know them in other contexts, away from this forum - one person you have evaluated them so wrongly , so off base of who they are- I only know because I have known them for years !
Well that could have been me potentially wasting my time !!
Butterfly

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I have been mulling over the OP, it does raise questions - not sure I have evaluated in the right way or not.
On forums we do seem to spend most of our time ' debating this and that theology ' and ' discussing which church is right and which truth is correct ' ect ect - but this is not testimony about what God is doing in our lives, or sharing what Christ is doing through us as we live in our different environments, countries, homes, ect ect.
True testimony is about sharing and strengthening one another, and others if God is able to use what he is doing in our lives, but what is gained by spending so much time discussing the same old subjects over and over again- is that a destraction, more so when often as not, there is very little openness from some to reflect and think about what is being said. It's often about agendas and motives. What is gained spiritually from spending so much time partaking in that side of forum life ?
I guess it depends on whether or not you grow and learn as a Christian from what is being said, if it changes prospective and alters how you view things in your own environment ect.
I believe forums CAN be a distraction, but it's like so many other things in our lives - tv, radio, computer games, magazines, films, dare I say, even church activities distract us from doing things that God wants.
Do I think it is always the case, no.
I join forums to connect, I work Sunday's in a care home and have long been dissallusioned by religion within church. I tend to read what is being said and weigh things up, I may not end up agreeing but it can help me to define, or refine, what I believe.
Sword, you cannot completely believe that forums are a waste of time , other wise it would be hypocritical of you to be spending time here and joining in.
My testimony of what God has done and how he uses me will remain , all the waffling and discussing I partake in, well that will not withstand the fire !
I am not totally sure that's what you were getting at, and I have not been here that long.
Your ' gift ' of evaluating people needs some work though, you cannot possible ' know a person ' unless you know them in other contexts, away from this forum - one person you have evaluated them so wrongly , so off base of who they are- I only know because I have known them for years !
Well that could have been me potentially wasting my time !!
Butterfly
I hesitate to post on this thread.
I'd just like to say that I agree with the above except the part of your statement where you say that it's not possible to know persons from these posts and threads.

I've found in the last two years of posting that it's very possible to know persons. You can tell by the way they write, by what they write, by how they treat others.

And I'm talking about forums where personal interaction is not allowed,nor are insulting remarks, etc. The personality of a person still comes through.

B

Butterfly

Hi Godsgrace,
Yes, I agree , this is true, certainly with regards to personality- but I still believe that there is a much bigger picture of who that person is, what they do, and what is going on, which can all influence who that person really is away from this forum. I have certain images of some of the posters, based on what they say, but I cannot really say ' I know them enough to judge what they do and who they are '
Butterfly

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Just came upon this by chance.
Why do mods allow this arguing to continue???

It causes good posters to leave.
Is this the goal !

A thread could be closed.
A poster could be banned from only one thread.
Zero tolerance creates a good atmosphere.
ha yes, just like antimicrobial soap creates a dearth of germs. How can grace abound in that though?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yet you are cursing others.

Yes agree. Jesus tells us to love one another, encourage one another...support one another.
For some warped reason Sword obviously believes that it is his calling in life to harass and berate his fellow Christians...he has said before...he does it because he loves us.:eek: It does make one wonder just how his parents showed him how much he was "loved"!!
Self-riteousness will always be blind to the beam in their own eye, and yell about the speck that they see in another person's eye.
Obviously when people get obsessed with how other Christians walk...it just show that they don't really have a life of their own...so must get busy pointing the finger at others.

Very sorry that you joined this site only to find such unchristian behaviour...the rest of us here apologies for the such unchristlike people on here.

Welcome to the site.

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
ha yes, just like antimicrobial soap creates a dearth of germs. How can grace abound in that though?
Antimicrobial soap?
LOL
So you want we should sin more so that grace may abound??
May it never be!

(Paul 56 AD, maybe)

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Hi Godsgrace,
Yes, I agree , this is true, certainly with regards to personality- but I still believe that there is a much bigger picture of who that person is, what they do, and what is going on, which can all influence who that person really is away from this forum. I have certain images of some of the posters, based on what they say, but I cannot really say ' I know them enough to judge what they do and who they are '
Butterfly
Yes, but we're not supposed to judge what they do or who they are.
We're supposed to go by what is posted here and discuss scripture, our faith, Jesus, etc.

Why should I care about the "bigger picture"?
I don't understand...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
So you want we should sin more so that grace may abound??
May it never be!
but notice how the "we" has changed now, see, from the "we" that wants to make a law to keep others from sinning? What if making the law is actually sinning more? But mostly imo see how this concept of "we" gets manipulated to suit one's argument.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Just came upon this by chance.
Why do mods allow this arguing to continue???

It causes good posters to leave.
Is this the goal !

A thread could be closed.
A poster could be banned from only one thread.
Zero tolerance creates a good atmosphere.

I have closed threads for being un-edifying in the past. The question is, can anyone make this edifying? Right now I see a lot of mud slinging, and little hope for that.

An accusation, either sticks or it doesn't. it is unprofitable to argue over an accusation endlessly.

I'm not aware of a mechanism to ban someone from one thread, nether would I deny Sword the opportunity to defend himself while he is still able to post.

Zero tolerance for what, Hurt feelings? If that were the standard everyone here would be banned when they encounter disagreement and can't stand it.

There are rules for this site and Sword is working within them for now. If he or anyone fails to follow the rules feel free to report them.

Reactions: EndTimeWine

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
ya, but see that you cannot both report them and get better at forgiveness; you have to pick one or the other.

"Christianity Board’s rules are strictly intended to present a guide for participating in this Christian community in the proper manner. The rules are in place because they offer a safe community for members of all ages, creeds, colors, and backgrounds to communicate as the Church, which is defined as the body ofChrist (Ephesians 4:12) made up of manymembers. The forum is only open to those who believe in In this spirit, we know that these rules will not be difficult for the majority of ourmembers to follow as they are based incommon law which itself is derived fromBiblical law. It is not the duty of any Christian togo around and point out every law breaker, butwe do respectfully request that any violations of the below rules are reported to the forum staff."

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I have closed threads for being un-edifying in the past. The question is, can anyone make this edifying? Right now I see a lot of mud slinging, and little hope for that.

An accusation, either sticks or it doesn't. it is unprofitable to argue over an accusation endlessly.

I'm not aware of a mechanism to ban someone from one thread, nether would I deny Sword the opportunity to defend himself while he is still able to post.

Zero tolerance for what, Hurt feelings? If that were the standard everyone here would be banned when they encounter disagreement and can't stand it.

There are rules for this site and Sword is working within them for now. If he or anyone fails to follow the rules feel free to report them.
I would never report anyone. This is not kindergarten and I'm not the age in my avatar. She's just cute and I like her sunglasses -- they look like mine.

I believe we're here to discuss biblical principles and to learn from each other. Arguing is totally useless.

I know for sure that a person can be banned from only one thread. I also know that moderating is a very difficult job and it's difficult to keep up with all that's going on.

Also, it would be nice if we all acted civilly to each other. That might mean different things to different persons.

Reactions: Helen
B

Butterfly

We're supposed to go by what is posted here and discuss scripture, our faith, Jesus, etc.

I don't understand...

I was just sharing my thoughts and opinions on the matter- I am a bigger picture kind of person. Who says that I am not allowed to do that ( you said ' we are suppose to ' )

I don't understand...
I was not aware that I had to approach the forum in any set way, I am a bigger picture kind of person- that's just who I am.
Butterfly

Reactions: bbyrd009

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I was just sharing my thoughts and opinions on the matter- I am a bigger picture kind of person. Who says that I am not allowed to do that ( you said ' we are suppose to ' )

I was not aware that I had to approach the forum in any set way, I am a bigger picture kind of person- that's just who I am.
Butterfly
Butterfly,
You can do what you want. "We are supposed to"...
I didn't mean that you cannot approach this as a bigger picture.
I've just never heard of this before and was interested in why you think it's important. Not that you have to explain it to me...