There is more complete at the Cross, than works of the Law can finish (interested?)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So a simple thought (as I am learning to keep my thoughts!): there is more complete at the Cross, than the Law can finish. What does this mean? It means that the more you approach the Cross, the more you will discover that there is no end to the opportunities you can find, to act on. You can keep coming at the Cross, even in the Law, and what you will find, is that the Law will tire you out, giving you things to finish. The Law is a curse, but continual curse is exhausting! Thus we learn to rest in Jesus - as He said "Come to Me all you who are tired and heavy laden, and I will give you rest". Jesus knows we are going to exhaust ourselves in the Law and is waiting for us to come to Him!

How exhausted can you be? How perfect can you be? These things come with temptation, but we must remember to be diligent, even Jesus noted that the struggle with the flesh and spirit caused a divergence in what we are able to do with Him - that is Him on the Cross. "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak" (He said) why? Because the flesh keeps struggling to fulfil the Law, but the spirit keeps giving new works to attempt. The more the spirit is willing, the greater the work; the more the flesh is weak, the more exhausting finishing works of the Law becomes. There is power in this, because we can come to know when we are tired and for what is better completed. Even the Holy Spirit is able to speak to us about these things, having the power to bridge between the works of the Law and the works of Faith.

But does the Holy Spirit keep bridging the Law and Faith? No! Not even the Holy Spirit wants to be tired with works of the Law and works of Faith! Compassion and Wisdom are in good company with the Holy Spirit, for He knows He needs them! The more we trust the bridge to work, the more or connection to God develops meaningful strength. It is not "an Evolution"! It is a betterment of Creation, that you can call what you will - and call it what you will, it will help you to focus on what is needed (which is a choice). This is the power of God, to eternity, to take the bridging of the Holy Spirit and point it to Christ within Himself. That's what's coming! We should be mindful then, that even as we learn, it is better to be directed, by God in the Holy Spirit, not only will we be fit, we will be suitable (for the things of Heaven). Imagine the power it takes, to bring all people together in this? That's Wisdom!

So can we make this work? Yes we can! I am committed and I know that God is too. We have the image of Christ, it is ours to make ourselves like Him in!

I hope this is a blessing to you.

God bless.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
So a simple thought (as I am learning to keep my thoughts!): there is more complete at the Cross, than the Law can finish.
I have never been under Old Testament Law as described in the Bible, neither had the first Gentile Christians unless they were proselytes of Judaism.

There is a weird thing that happens in modern congregations when New Testament Scriptures written to the early Christians previously stepped in Judaism and the Law of Moses, are assumed to directly apply to non-Jewish Christians today.

Why on earth should a non-Jewish atheist who becomes a Christian be expected to believe they were formerly under Old Testament Law? An ignorant expectation indeed.

All Christians do benefit from the fulfillment of the Law by Christ, but not all Christians have been under the OT Law.

Gal 3:24-25 So the law became our guardian to lead us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. (25) Now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.