There is more than one set of apocryphas.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The facts are the facts & they continue to escape the Rcc who think they have divine authority.
If Mike Gendron was still a Catholic he'd be loved but since he's ex: Catholic ...well, let's just say it's a good thing the burning reformers at the stake stopped.
Let's ALSO be thankful that Protestants hanging, beheading and starving Catholics to death stopped . . .

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting how YOU determine who is "saved" and who isn't - when Scripture leaves that up to GOD and God ALONE.

Your arrogance is only outdone by your hypocrisy . . .
Lol! My comment was not arrogant at all, and nor am I being a hypocrite,just speaking from the truth. The RCC has added themselves as having equal authority with God and that has given them carte blanche to add whatever teachings they want over the centuries.

You Bol are just extremely angry - non-stop, I feel sorry for you that you can't handle opposing opinions without your fist-thumping attitude.

I am merely a Bible-believing Christian, I knew exactly what Mike Gendron was saying in response to Tim who was just repeating the same wrong interpretations that the RCC spews out constantly --so what can I tell you? I've heard it many , many times what the rcc teaches.
Look, I once attended a church that like yours didn't give the gospel of Jesus , and I stopped attending it, much to my families bewilderment and disappointment, but I had begun to read my Bible and heard the minister saying things that were not what the Bible stated , and gradually God lead me out of there to seek a Bible -teaching church , because as I read , scripture showed me it was written by GOD using human instruments. The Lord Jesus & the Bible are the only Godly authority, & any church I attend is submitted to both & welcomes anyone to test what the Pastor or any speaker says with scripture. When we meet my church prays that the Holy Spirit will guide us by the scripture- the word of God, in all truth, for the glory of God.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol! My comment was not arrogant at all, and nor am I being a hypocrite,just speaking from the truth. The RCC has added themselves as having equal authority with God and that has given them carte blanche to add whatever teachings they want over the centuries.

You Bol are just extremely angry - non-stop, I feel sorry for you that you can't handle opposing opinions without your fist-thumping attitude.

I am merely a Bible-believing Christian, I knew exactly what Mike Gendron was saying in response to Tim who was just repeating the same wrong interpretations that the RCC spews out constantly --so what can I tell you? I've heard it many , many times what the rcc teaches.
Look, I once attended a church that like yours didn't give the gospel of Jesus , and I stopped attending it, much to my families bewilderment and disappointment, but I had begun to read my Bible and heard the minister saying things that were not what the Bible stated , and gradually God lead me out of there to seek a Bible -teaching church , because as I read , scripture showed me it was written by GOD using human instruments. The Lord Jesus & the Bible are the only Godly authority, & any church I attend is submitted to both & welcomes anyone to test what the Pastor or any speaker says with scripture. When we meet my church prays that the Holy Spirit will guide us by the scripture- the word of God, in all truth, for the glory of God.
I'm not "angry" at all. That's simply a deflective argument on YOUR part because you don't want to deal with the subject.

As a matter of fact - I have challenged you on a NUMBER of topics that YOU brought up in the last week - and you have RUN fro m every single one one of them.

For example - you keep regurgitating the same nonsense in RED above - but you have so far FAILED to provide even ONE verse of Scripture to back it up. Show me where the BIBLE says that the BIBLE is our "sole" Authority. Chapter and Verse, please.

I ALSO challenged you to tell me where you get the idea that the Catholic Church is called the "Roman Catholic" Church or "RCC". I even went so far as to educate you on the fact that "Roman" only refers to the Liturgical Rite - not the name.

Finally - you make the asinine claim that the Catholic Church doesn't "give the Gospel of Jesus" - which means either you have never been to a Catholic Mass or you simply prefer to serve Satan by lying.

For a guy who claims to know the Word of God - you certainly spend a LOT of time violating God's commandment against bearing false witness . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord Jesus & the Bible are the only Godly authority
Once you've shown me the BIBLICAL proof for this claim, then you can address the other challenges to your claims from yesterday - which you have YET to answer.
SO, since YOU brought it up - show me the official Catholic teachings on:
- WORSHIPING Mary.
- WORSHIPING the Saints.
- WORSHIPING Statues.
I want official teachings from the Catechism . . .

Can you ALSO show me where the Bible says that those in Heaven are "DEAD" as YOU put it??
The time for running and hiding is over . . .

Last edited:

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For a guy who claims to know the Word of God - you certainly spend a LOT of time violating God's commandment against bearing false witness . . .
Not at all.
The time for running and hiding is over . . .

Not hiding. You're whole schtick is very tiresome, if you were seeking the God's truth & if you were willing to listen that would be one thing.
As for the answer , that you won't listen to anyway. The saints that have died --ie. left this life , no where does the scripture say we are to attempt to communicate with them & no where in the Bible does it tell Christians to pray to those saints that have died.Prayers to the rc saints is necromancy. Actually the Bible tells us completely the opposite that God forbids necromancy. (Leviticus 19:26; Deuteronomy 18:10; Galatians 5:19-20; Acts 19:19)
That was some deceived Pope who decided that one and Rc's have been doing it ever since. The whole RC "saint" thing is unbiblical since the Pope decrees who is a RC saint, meanwhile in the REAL scripture--i.e. the BIBLE All Christians are called "saints". This is why RCC is called a cult by so many , because it's got it's own teachings that have absolutely nothing to do with Christian teachings in the Bible.

What does the Bible say about necromancy?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not at all.

Not hiding. You're whole schtick is very tiresome, if you were seeking the God's truth & if you were willing to listen that would be one thing.
As for the answer , that you won't listen to anyway. The saints that have died --ie. left this life , no where does the scripture say we are to attempt to communicate with them & no where in the Bible does it tell Christians to pray to those saints that have died.Prayers to the rc saints is necromancy. Actually the Bible tells us completely the opposite that God forbids necromancy. (Leviticus 19:26; Deuteronomy 18:10; Galatians 5:19-20; Acts 19:19)
That was some deceived Pope who decided that one and Rc's have been doing it ever since. The whole RC "saint" thing is unbiblical since the Pope decrees who is a RC saint, meanwhile in the REAL scripture--i.e. the BIBLE All Christians are called "saints". This is why RCC is called a cult by so many , because it's got it's own teachings that have absolutely nothing to do with Christian teachings in the Bible.

What does the Bible say about necromancy?
First off - the definition of "necromancy" is: "Contacting the dead for the purpose of gleaning information about the future." THIS is what the bible forbids - otherwise, Jesus would have been guilty of necromancy at the Transfiguration for speaking to Moses.

Asking
a fellow member of the Body of Christ on earth - OR in Heaven to pray for you is not "gleaning information about the future."
Strike ONE . . .

Secondly
- the BIBLE tells us that the saints in Heaven are "so great a cloud of witnesses" (Heb. 12:1).
A "witness" is somebody who sees and hears - otherwise all you have is a paperweight. The Transfiguration should have taught you that those who leave this world in God's favor are anything BUT dead (Matthew 17:1–8, Mark 9:2–8, Luke 9:28–36).
Strike TWO . . .

Finally - your failure to answer ANY of my challenges to your claims leaves us with the fact that you simply CAN'T answer them. Otherwise - you WOULD.
Strike THREE . . .

Consider yourself Scripturally SPANKED again . . .

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians are to hear Jesus words & obey what scripture teaches, but you purposefully & willfully disregard scripture and disrespect & disdain those who do. It's religious pride & delusion. You are deceived but mock those who try to show you the light. It's as Jesus warns in the pearls to swine scripture. You have nothing to teach believers about scripture, so blinded.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians are to hear Jesus words & obey what scripture teaches, but you purposefully & willfully disregard scripture and disrespect & disdain those who do. It's religious pride & delusion. You are deceived but mock those who try to show you the light. It's as Jesus warns in the pearls to swine scripture. You have nothing to teach believers about scripture, so blinded.
No - I'm simply holding YOU accountable for what YOU have claimed.

YOU
are the one who claimed that Catholics are taught to:
- WORSHIP Mary.
- WORSHIP the Saints.
- WORSHIP Statues.
I want you to show me official teachings from the Catechism.

Surely, this can't be too difficult if you claimed that it was so it. You don't make a habit of LYING about these things - do you?

Can you ALSO show me where the Bible says that those in Heaven are "DEAD" as YOU put it??

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible doesn't teach the "Lone Ranger" Christianity

There is the rub, think they get to say what they think by always saying "Follow God", "Follow the Bible" and they are so hard hearted that only they know the truth and no one not even Christ himself could tell they otherwise. They personify Matthew 7:6

Reactions: BreadOfLife

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh - but I HAVE learned PLENTY from your online cult (aggressivechristianity.net).

I've learned that . . .
- They believe God appointed military "Generals" instead of Presbyters and Episkopoi.
- Christ's "Church" was founded in 1980.
- I can get a "miraculous prayer cloth" from them to heal just about ANY disease.
- The Co-founder, Deborah Greene is in jail for child rape.
- God wants us to stock-pile all the guns we can.
- The jailed, child-raping co-founder regularly has "visions" from God. Funny that none of her followers do . . .

Yup - I've learned PLENTY . . .

No, you attend a religion that abuses children and its nuns, yet still say it is from God, as if God was a child molester or something.. so no you have learned nothing, you could do with some of that schooling you do go on about.

Reactions: tzcho2

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is the rub, think they get to say what they think by always saying "Follow God", "Follow the Bible" and they are so hard hearted that only they know the truth and no one not even Christ himself could tell they otherwise. They personify Matthew 7:6
You and Bol are from the same building, just different floors.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - I'm simply holding YOU accountable for what YOU have claimed.

YOU are the one who claimed that Catholics are taught to:
- WORSHIP Mary.
- WORSHIP the Saints.
- WORSHIP StatuesI want you to
show me official teachings from the Catechism.
Surely, this
can't be too difficult if you claimed that it was so it. You don't make a habit of LYING about these things - do you?
Can you
ALSO show me where the Bible says that those in Heaven are "DEAD" as YOU put it??

You might prefer the world to believe that miraculously millions of inscribed prayer cards with Mary's picture suddenly appeared?
or similarly millions of strung rosary beads with little taped instructions of Hail Mary dropped out of the sky?
or that suddenly Rc's just started praying & kneeling in front of Mary statues?
It was one of the spiritually deceived Pope's that "received" this epiphany . The Popes are a deceived lot -thinking themselves Holy &, wrongfully asserting they possess divine authority, can receive divine messages, claiming they are the vicar of Christ. Because of the prideful arrogance of the Rcc, Satan has used them over the centuries by directly giving their Pope's, priest's & mystics deceiving messages, apparitions, & visions directly for their false doctrines. (doctrines of demons 1 Tim4:1)

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You might prefer the world to believe that miraculously millions of inscribed prayer cards with Mary's picture suddenly appeared?
or similarly millions of strung rosary beads with little taped instructions of Hail Mary dropped out of the sky?
or that suddenly Rc's just started praying & kneeling in front of Mary statues?
It was one of the spiritually deceived Pope's that "received" this epiphany . The Popes are a deceived lot -thinking themselves Holy &, wrongfully asserting they possess divine authority, can receive divine messages, claiming they are the vicar of Christ. Because of the prideful arrogance of the Rcc, Satan has used them over the centuries by directly giving their Pope's, priest's & mystics deceiving messages, apparitions, & visions directly for their false doctrines. (doctrines of demons 1 Tim4:1)
Sooooo, you CAN'T come up with any proof for your claims that Catholics are taught to:
- WORSHIP Mary.
- WORSHIP the Saints.
- WORSHIP Statues
OR that the Saints in Heaven are "Dead". You also failed to prove Sola Scriptura from Scripture.

That's what I thought.
Another impotent post from yet another ignorant anti-Catholic.

I warned you from the beginning that I would expose you if you continued to lie - but you just wouldn't listen. The BEST part about this - other than the fact that I did it ALL with nothing but Scripture - is that YOU did most of the work yourself.

Good job . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you attend a religion that abuses children and its nuns, yet still say it is from God, as if God was a child molester or something.. so no you have learned nothing, you could do with some of that schooling you do go on about.
The difference is - the molestation that was going on in the Catholic Church was from a handful of clerics.
In YOUR cult - your FOUNDER was the guilty party - and YOU have the onions to point fingers at others??

Matt. 7:3-5
Why do you notice the splinter in your brother’s eye, but do not perceive the wooden beam in your own eye?
How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove that splinter from your eye,’ while the wooden beam is in your eye?
You hypocrite, remove the wooden beam from your eye first; then you will see clearly to remove the splinter from your brother’s eye.

In short - clean up your OWN back yard before you start pointing fingers at others . . .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A picture is worth a thousand words.
th

If your picture is worth a thousand words then this picture is worth 1 billion words.....

Here are 3 statues (children of Fatima) praying to one statue (Mary).

EVEN OUR STATUES PRAY TO STATUES.....:rolleyes:

Mary

@BreadOfLife

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny , because there little difference between you. And the spirit is the same.

Nope, I m not Catholic and disagree with a couple of things. We do agree there is a Church that Christ headed just go not agree on which one. Your problem is your so full of hate that everything that is not as you believe is Catholic. You jettisoned real Christian history for a false brand of Christianity made in your own image

You and Bol are from the same building, just different floors.

Nope.