• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It will be interesting to see if the originator of this thread [2 Peter 1:10-11] agrees with what you and Eternally Grateful stated in posts #17-19. Your statements were spot-on and critically important to embrace.

The question of justification by faith alone was the centerpiece of the Protestant Reformation. Sadly, today, many who are non-Roman Catholics share the same false doctrine of justification, while, at the same time tell me, "Yeah, we need to reach them lost Roman Catholics with the true gospel message" ... not even realizing that they also do not understand or flat out reject the message of the true gospel... they have placed themselves in the same boat, they are in essence of 'like-faith' [although I realize that some of them are good with this since they openly agree and associate with the R.C. false gospel].

This grand issue which was brought to the forefront at the Protestant reformation has never went away, it unsurprisingly resurfaces time and time again in various forms since it intricately connects with the most important question that one can ask, "What must I do to be saved?"
Its been Satan's lie since the beginning. we see it first with Cain when he attempted to introduce human wisdom and religion to life. when he offered the fruit of his labor and not the lamb for a sacrifice..

Satans lie is to take truth, and mix in a little lie, which makes the truth a lie.. but looks so good and appeals to our nature.. that people jump at it

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Subject Heading:- 'There is no faith alone in Ephesians 2:8, stop adding words to it.'
Many sinners imagine that they are saved by grace through faith when they have never obeyed the gospel of Christ. These people are totally oblivious to the fact that the Lord Jesus Christ will be:​
'For by grace are ye saved through faith;
and that not of yourselves:
it is the gift of God:
Not of works,
lest any man should boast.'

(Eph 2:8-9)

Hello @2 Peter 1:10-11,

It takes a believer to say that they are, 'saved by grace through faith', the sinner has no knowledge of this fact. The fact that someone testifies that they have been saved by grace through faith, is an indication that they are indeed saved by God's wondrous grace. They have obeyed the gospel, by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ as their Saviour and Lord: and the 'vengence' spoken of in your first verse, will not come nigh unto them. For in believing on Him, they are working the work of God, by 'believing on Him Whom He hath sent'. (John 6:29): and in doing so, they are being, 'doers of the word, and not hearers only'.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Subject Heading:- 'There is no faith alone in Ephesians 2:8, stop adding words to it.'

it is the gift of God:
Not of works,
lest any man should boast.'

(Eph 2:8-9)

Hello @2 Peter 1:10-11,

It takes a believer to say that they are, 'saved by grace through faith', the sinner has no knowledge of this fact. The fact that someone testifies that they have been saved by grace through faith, is an indication that they are indeed saved by God's wondrous grace. They have obeyed the gospel, by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ as their Saviour and Lord: and the 'vengence' spoken of in your first verse, will not come nigh unto them. For in believing on Him, they are working the work of God, by 'believing on Him Whom He hath sent'. (John 6:29): and in doing so, they are being, '
doers of the word, and not hearers only'.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
....That no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: charity

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic

There is no faith alone in Ephesians 2:8, stop adding words to it.​

Your title is perfect. Paul never uses 'faith' and 'alone' together. The only place in the Bible where faith alone and faith only are used side by side, is in James 2 that condemns such faith as being dead and can neither save nor justify any man.

It shows how those who take away from the Bible in one place by their unbelief, will add to the Bible in another place to teach their own belief.

The only Christian faith alone, is that taught by Christians believing their are saved by their own faith alone. It's neither the gospel, doctrine, salvation, nor justification of Jesus Christ in the Bible.

But what the children of disobedience who use this verse to justify their rebellion do not understand is that the epistle to the Ephesians is not written to those that are:

"...Dead in trespasses and sins..."
— (Ephesians 2:1).

The epistle is written:

"...To the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus..."
— (Ephesians 1:1).
This is an excellent point, thanks. I'll mark it down and remember it.

Paul is speaking to and of saved Christians, that are not still dead in sins, walking after the flesh, and doing such unrighteous things that shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Christians have nothing to boast about. Even their faith is not of themselves. It is the gift of God. As it is written:
You have exceeding yourself here in Bible understanding. There are so many Christians that think salvation or grace is a gift from God, when Eph 2 is plainly saying that the faith of Jesus that saves us, is the free gift of God.

The Parable of the Sower, and Romans 10 shows us that the word of faith in the Bible, is God's free gift, that is given to whosoever, any, and all hearers of Jesus gospel.

Jesus' faith is by grace sown in the hearts of anyone hearing His name and good news. The Christian teaching that we are saved by having His faith alone in our hearts, comes from boastful error of thinking God only sows His word and faith in the hearts of some of the hearers only.

They are saying that because they alone out of others hearers, have His faith in their hearts by hearing, they must be saved. This is not the Bible teaching of the Sower and the faith that comes by hearing in Romans 10.

If it is true, that all who have the word of faith sown in their hearts, are all saved by that faith alone, then all hearers of the gospel are saved by hearing only.

This is how the Ephesians were saved by grace through faith. They obeyed the gospel of Christ which was first preached on the day of Pentecost:

"...Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
— (Acts 2:38).
Well done again. I would only add that what they obeyed was Jesus' first message on earth: Repent and believe the gospel.

They repented of dead works, to believe and obey the gospel. Ephesians is only writing to and of them that have repented of their dead works.

The same Christians that teach being saved by faith alone, also leave out the word 'repent', when they preach about believing the gospel.

They are not preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ in the Bible, who first commands all men everywhere to repent of our sinning (Acts 17), that we may then believe His word with power from Him to do it.

For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of.

The Christian gospel of being saved by believing unto repentance is not the Bible. We must repent unto salvation through faith.

And that faith of Jesus is never without His good and righteous works pleasing to the the Father.

And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

If we are not pleasing the Father, then He leaves us alone to our own faith alone. This destroys any honest talk about being saved by faith alone without works pleasing to the Father, much less being saved while sinning against Him.

The Father would say of those Christians preaching their salvation by their own faith alone, to let them alone, and let them fall into their own ditch they dig for themselves.

Some Christians even teach being saved while fallen into ditches.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
It takes a believer to say that they are, 'saved by grace through faith', the sinner has no knowledge of this fact. The fact that someone testifies that they have been saved by grace through faith, is an indication that they are indeed saved by God's wondrous grace. They have obeyed the gospel, by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ as their Saviour and Lord: and the 'vengence' spoken of in your first verse, will not come nigh unto them. For in believing on Him, they are working the work of God, by 'believing on Him Whom He hath sent'. (John 6:29): and in doing so, they are being, 'doers of the word, and not hearers only'.
It's true that faith is a work of our heart and spirit, which is why the Bible teaches we cannot have any faith without works.

But your teaching here is only of the work of believing, and is entirely absent from our deeds of the body.

Therefore, you still preach a hybrid form of being saved by faith alone without works. You preach being saved by inward works of faith apart from outward deeds of the body.

Separating our inner man from our outward man is commonly called hypocrisy. Saying God knows our heart is still good, while still doing evil, is not the Bible.

Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many sinners imagine that they are saved by grace through faith when they have never obeyed the gospel of Christ.
This is because they falsely equate ‘belief’ with ‘faith.’

FAITH = BELIEF + ACTION

Sure, the on-ramp is belief. But at some point, a responsible adult must act on their beliefs.

This is sometimes called real belief.

The flip side of this is action on your part can also destroy one’s salvation. The power of YES is the power of NO. Given that faith establishes grace, unfaithfulness undermines it.

Who wants to one day meet their maker and argue they did the least they could do for the one who gave you everything?!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but there is So Much Confusion as to "which" one's, especially seemingly Contradictory ones
Hmmm. The diving line is loving motivation.

Sometimes I harshly scolded my child WHEN she acted with willful pride.

Other times, with tears in my eyes I tenderly let her know how proud I am of who she has become and what she has done with her life WHEN she needs to be lifted up.

What I do may seem contradictory UNTIL one realizes I give who I love what they need. As their need changes, so to does what actions I take.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God chose me, I didn't choose Him. He touched me, and gave me salvation and filled me with the Holy Spirit. You can do nothing without Jesus, He is the Vine we are the branches. We are the clay and God molds us. There are no works without the Vine. Thus:

Ephesians 2:8-9 - For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

You are not able to save yourselves, and you cannot produce the fruit of good works without Jesus.
For by Grace you have been saved, plus nothing. Jesus has done it all. It is impossible for a man's mind to produce good works without the mind of Christ.

Galatians 2:20 - I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

1 Corinthians 2:16 - For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

Reactions: David in NJ

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's true that faith is a work of our heart and spirit, which is why the Bible teaches we cannot have any faith without works.

But your teaching here is only of the work of believing, and is entirely absent from our deeds of the body.

Therefore, you still preach a hybrid form of being saved by faith alone without works. You preach being saved by inward works of faith apart from outward deeds of the body.

Separating our inner man from our outward man is commonly called hypocrisy. Saying God knows our heart is still good, while still doing evil, is not the Bible.

Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.
it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.
For we are His workmanship,
created in Christ Jesus unto good works,
which God hath before ordained
that we should walk in them.'

(Eph. 2:8-10)

Hello @Ghada,

With respect, this verse is self explanatory, I can't see what your problem is.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
it is the gift of God:

Hello @Ghada,

With respect, this verse is self explanatory, I can't see what your problem is.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris
I have no problem with the Bible, but only CHristians teachings that are not the Bible. You're failure to respond to the challenge proves the point.

Your preach a manner of faith alone without works, by calling believing works we do. But since you continue to separate your inner faith with works, from your deeds of the Bible, then you are only preaching a gospel of works that is in spirit only.

If asked why you did no good works for the Christin in need, you would say you did by your faith working alone within your heart. You say be blessed in filled with words only, because you are working on their help in your spirit, but not with your hands.

It's the same as being demanded why you are not doing your work paid for, and you say that your working your job by your faith inwardly alone.

Such Christian doctrine comes only by not taking God's works as seriously as your job.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many sinners imagine that they are saved by grace through faith when they have never obeyed the gospel of Christ. These people are totally oblivious to the fact that the Lord Jesus Christ will be:

"...Taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power..."
— (2 Thessalonians 1:8-9).

These sinners use Ephesians 2:8-9 to justify their rebellion to the glorious gospel of Christ; convincing themselves that there is somehow no gospel to obey. But what does the word of God say about such behavior?

"But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves."
— (James 1:22).

And what do the holy scriptures say about rebellion and stubbornness? They say that:

"...Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry..."
— (1 Samuel 15:23).

Where then will such people end up if they do not repent? Sorcerers and idolaters:

"...Shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."
— (Revelation 21:8).

Nevertheless, here is how that passage is written in the Word of God:

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."
— (Ephesians 2:8-9).

But what the children of disobedience who use this verse to justify their rebellion do not understand is that the epistle to the Ephesians is not written to those that are:

The epistle is written:

How did the Ephesians become saints and faithful in Christ Jesus? They became saints when they were:

"...Baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied."
— (Acts 19:5-6).

This is how the Ephesians were saved by grace through faith. They obeyed the gospel of Christ which was first preached on the day of Pentecost:

"...Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."

They obeyed it, for:

"...It is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."
— (Romans 1:16).

And this is how we christians are saved by grace:

"...Through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."
— (Ephesians 2:8-10).

Christians have nothing to boast about. Even their faith is not of themselves. It is the gift of God. As it is written:

"Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith."
— (Romans 3:27).

And where does their faith come from? It is written:

"...Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."
— (Romans 10:17).

It is therefore God who:

"...Hath dealt to every man the measure of faith."
— (Romans 12:3).

Amen. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Salvation is thru Faith in Christ = no works allowed here!

Walking in Salvation is the Work of the Holy Spirit in us whereby His Works are accomplished = thru Faith.
These are the "works prepared beforehand that we should walk in".

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have no problem with the Bible, but only CHristians teachings that are not the Bible. You're failure to respond to the challenge proves the point.

Your preach a manner of faith alone without works, by calling believing works we do. But since you continue to separate your inner faith with works, from your deeds of the Bible, then you are only preaching a gospel of works that is in spirit only.

If asked why you did no good works for the Christin in need, you would say you did by your faith working alone within your heart. You say be blessed in filled with words only, because you are working on their help in your spirit, but not with your hands.

It's the same as being demanded why you are not doing your work paid for, and you say that your working your job by your faith inwardly alone.

Such Christian doctrine comes only by not taking God's works as seriously as your job.
it is the gift of God:

Hello @Ghada,

Salvation is 'by grace' 'through faith', and is a gift of God.

Within the love of Christ our Saviour,
our Lord and Head.
Chris

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
it is the gift of God:

Why do some Christians continually quote the works they do now, as though they are works of the unsaved, that do their own righteousness? No doubt, it's because you're still do the same works of your own righteousness today.

It's the same case, when some Christians even quote for themselves the unrighteousness of atheists, that say there is no God in Psalms in 53, that Paul quotes from in Romans 3.

These verses pertaining to works of our own righteousness, and there being none righteous, plainly do not refer to saved believers now doing the righteousness of God, and are righteous even as He is righteous.

And so, you can keep quoting for yourself from the verses condemning the unrighteous with their own filthy rags. I will keep quoting for myself from the verses justifying the righteous doing His righteousness by His faith.

Blessed are they that keep judgment, and he that doeth righteousness at all times.

If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

These are the verses of the Bible that I apply to myself by doing them with Jesus. They are never quoted by sinful Christians such as yourself, that mysteriously only quote for yourself the verses applying only to the unsaved and unbelieving.

Salvation is 'by grace' 'through faith', and is a gift of God.
The faith of Jesus to always do the will of God and please the Father, is the only free gift that saves and justifies a man. And that is only given to them that repent of sinning according to the commandment of God.

I reject your 'gift' of being saved without repenting first, and still sinning today as before your conversion. Howbeit, I suppose sinning less than before, but of course never ceasing from your sinning in this life.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Therefore, we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of The Law. (Romans 3:28)
3:7-8 There is an obvious parallel between Rom. 3:5 and 7 (both begin with ei de). Paul is either

1. continuing to use the literary technique of diatribe, a supposed objector (cf. Rom. 3:5,7; 7:7; 8:31; 9:14,30)

2. reacting to criticism of his justification-by-faith-alone preaching (cf. Rom. 3:8)

Paul did not explain or answer the charge in detail but forcefully condemns the accusation. It is possible that the objection to a free undeserved justification by faith was that it would lead to lawlessness or just more unfaithful disobedience. Paul believed that free grace would lead to Christlikeness through a new spirit and life of gratitude! The Jews, the Greek moralists, and Paul all wanted ethical living in their converts! But it comes, not through conformity to an external law code, but a new heart, a new mind, and a new spirit (cf. Jer. 31:31-34; Ezek. 36:22-36).
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of (or "in") Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of (or "in") Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. (Galatians 2:16)
2:16 "that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus" This verse contains a threefold emphasis concerning the doctrine that justification by grace through faith alone is for every human (cf. Eph. 2:8-9), beginning with "a man," then to "we" and concluding with "no flesh." This threefold repetition is overwhelming in its impact. The truth of justification by faith for all mankind (Jews and Gentiles) is the essence of Paul's definitive theological presentation in Romans 1-8, summarized in Rom. 3:21-31.

"Justified" (as well as "righteous") denoted the OT concept of a measuring reed. YHWH used this metaphor for His own character and moral standards. God is the standard of spiritual measurement (cf. Matt. 5:48). In the NT God gives us His own righteousness through the death of Christ (cf. 2 Cor. 5:21), received by repentance and faith on a person's part (cf. Mark 1:15 and Acts 3:16,19; 20:21).

Justification by grace through faith—presented in Gal. 2:16 and 17 as our position in Christ—is based entirely on God's initiating love, Christ's finished work, and the wooing of the Spirit. However, the emphasis on our Christlike living is fully stated in verse 21 where our position must result in living a Christlike life (cf. Rom. 8:29; Gal. 4:19; Eph. 1:4; 2:10; 1 John 1:7). Paul did not deny that good works were significant. He just denied that they were the grounds of our acceptance. Ephesians 2:8-10 shows Paul's gospel clearly—God's initiating grace, through mankind's faith response, unto good works. Even Gal. 2:20, which seems to emphasize our sanctification—but in the context of the paragraph, proves the validity and pervasiveness of the doctrine of the imputed righteousness of Jesus, totally apart from human merit or lifestyle or ethnic origin.

Paul emphasizes the requirement of justification is not

"by the works of the Law," Gal. 2:16a
"and not by the works of the Law," Gal. 2:16b
since by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified," Gal. 2:16c

Then Paul gives the only way for sinful mankind to be justified.

"through faith in Christ Jesus" (lit. "through [dia] faith of Christ Jesus"), Gal. 2:16a
"we have believed in Christ Jesus' (lit. "in [eis] Christ Jesus we believed" [AORIST ACTIVE INDICATIVE]), Gal. 2:16b

"by faith in Christ"

(lit. "by [ek] faith of Christ"), Gal. 2:16c

This threefold repetition is for clarity and emphasis! The only problem comes in how to understand and translate the GENITIVES "of Christ Jesus," Gal. 2:16a and "of Christ," Gal. 2:16c.

Most translations take the phrase as an OBJECTIVE GENITIVE, "faith in Christ," but it can be a SUBJECTIVE GENITIVE (cf. NET Bible), reflecting an OT idiom of "Christ's faithfulness" to the Father's will. This same grammatical question affects the understanding of Rom. 3:22,26; Gal. 2:20; 3:22; Eph. 3:12; Phil. 3:9. Whichever was Paul's intent, they both show that justification is not found in human actions, merit, or obedience, but in Jesus Christ's actions and obedience.

Jesus is our only hope!

Christ our only hope.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
These are the verses of the Bible that I apply to myself by doing them with Jesus. They are never quoted by sinful Christians such as yourself, that mysteriously only quote for yourself the verses applying only to the unsaved and unbelieving.
Bad vibe coming from you-calling another believer a sinful Christian-online-publicly.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Many sinners imagine that they are saved by grace through faith when they have never obeyed the gospel of Christ.

The Gospel of Christ is ..

Jesus said.... "All that believe in me... I give unto you eternal life, and you shall never go to Hell, (perish)".

Paul later articulated it according to Christ's personal instructions, like this..

"The Gospel of the Grace of God"..

"Grace through Faith"

"Justification by faith alone" "without the deeds of the law" "without works".

"All who call upon the Name of the Lord, shall be saved"..

"As many as received Jesus (by faith) God gave (gives to them) them the Power to become the Son/Daughter of God".

"The Preaching of the Cross is the POWER OF GOD......unto Salvation".

"Faith is counted.....as righteousness. """

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many sinners imagine that they are saved by grace through faith when they have never obeyed the gospel of Christ. These people are totally oblivious to the fact that the Lord Jesus Christ will be:

"...Taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power..."
— (2 Thessalonians 1:8-9).

These sinners use Ephesians 2:8-9 to justify their rebellion to the glorious gospel of Christ; convincing themselves that there is somehow no gospel to obey. But what does the word of God say about such behavior?

"But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves."
— (James 1:22).

And what do the holy scriptures say about rebellion and stubbornness? They say that:

"...Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry..."
— (1 Samuel 15:23).

Where then will such people end up if they do not repent? Sorcerers and idolaters:

"...Shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."
— (Revelation 21:8).

Nevertheless, here is how that passage is written in the Word of God:

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."
— (Ephesians 2:8-9).

The epistle is written:

How did the Ephesians become saints and faithful in Christ Jesus? They became saints when they were:

"...Baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied."
— (Acts 19:5-6).

They obeyed it, for:

"...It is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."
— (Romans 1:16).

And this is how we christians are saved by grace:

"...Through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."
— (Ephesians 2:8-10).

"Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith."
— (Romans 3:27).

And where does their faith come from? It is written:

"...Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."
— (Romans 10:17).

It is therefore God who:

"...Hath dealt to every man the measure of faith."
— (Romans 12:3).

Amen. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
— (Ephesians 2:8-9)

Faith is a grace gift from God. I would say there is no need for the word, alone, to appear in the text when it is a fact from God.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The Gospel of Christ is ..

Jesus said.... "All that believe in me... I give unto you eternal life, and you shall never go to Hell, (perish)".

Paul later articulated it according to Christ's instructions, like this..

"The Gospel of the Grace of God"..

"Grace through Faith"

"Justification by faith alone" "without the deeds of the law" "without works".

"All who call upon the Name of the Lord, shall be saved"..

"As many as received Jesus (by faith) God gave (gives to them) them the Power to become the Son/Daughter of God".

"The Preaching of the Cross is the POWER OF GOD......unto Salvation".
It is the simplicity of the good news that is the stumbling block.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It is the simplicity of the good news that is the stumbling block.

Yes.

""""" For the Preaching of the CROSS is to them that perish >>foolishness<<; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.""""

"""" For they ......being ignorant ...of = God's righteousness, and going about to establish THEIR OWN righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.""""

"Faith" is how you "submit" to the righteousness of God.

"these IGNORANT", try to work THEIR OWN RIGHTEOUSNESS.... (Self Saving).... = by Water Baptism , Good Works, Confessing sin, Commandment keeping, Church membership, and etc.."""

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yes.

""""" For the Preaching of the CROSS is to them that perish >>foolishness<<; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.""""

"""" For they ......being ignorant ...of = God's righteousness, and going about to establish THEIR OWN righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.""""

"Faith" is how you "submit" to the righteousness of God.

"these IGNORANT", try to work THEIR OWN RIGHTEOUSNESS.... (Self Saving).... = by Water Baptism , Good Works, Confessing sin, Commandment keeping, Church membership, and etc.."""
I am prepared to challenge you on water baptism-good works-confessing sins-commandment keeping and "etc. "What does it mean to be perfect?" Sinless?

Reactions: L.A.M.B.