• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jun 20, 2023
Stockholm
Faith
Christian
Country
Sweden
Many sinners imagine that they are saved by grace through faith when they have never obeyed the gospel of Christ. These people are totally oblivious to the fact that the Lord Jesus Christ will be:

"...Taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power..."
— (2 Thessalonians 1:8-9).

These sinners use Ephesians 2:8-9 to justify their rebellion to the glorious gospel of Christ; convincing themselves that there is somehow no gospel to obey. But what does the word of God say about such behavior?

"But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves."
— (James 1:22).

And what do the holy scriptures say about rebellion and stubbornness? They say that:

"...Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry..."
— (1 Samuel 15:23).

Where then will such people end up if they do not repent? Sorcerers and idolaters:

"...Shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."
— (Revelation 21:8).

Nevertheless, here is how that passage is written in the Word of God:

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."
— (Ephesians 2:8-9).

But what the children of disobedience who use this verse to justify their rebellion do not understand is that the epistle to the Ephesians is not written to those that are:

"...Dead in trespasses and sins..."
— (Ephesians 2:1).

The epistle is written:

"...To the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus..."
— (Ephesians 1:1).

How did the Ephesians become saints and faithful in Christ Jesus? They became saints when they were:

"...Baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied."
— (Acts 19:5-6).

This is how the Ephesians were saved by grace through faith. They obeyed the gospel of Christ which was first preached on the day of Pentecost:

"...Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
— (Acts 2:38).

They obeyed it, for:

"...It is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."
— (Romans 1:16).

And this is how we christians are saved by grace:

"...Through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."
— (Ephesians 2:8-10).

Christians have nothing to boast about. Even their faith is not of themselves. It is the gift of God. As it is written:

"Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith."
— (Romans 3:27).

And where does their faith come from? It is written:

"...Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."
— (Romans 10:17).

It is therefore God who:

"...Hath dealt to every man the measure of faith."
— (Romans 12:3).

Amen. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Sep 27, 2021
Norco
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also - 1 John 2:3-6 “And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. 6He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also - 1 John 2:3-6 “And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. 6He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
Yes, I Totally agree: "keep His Commandments" - but Which ones?:

I have decided to follow Jesus?

Amen.

Reactions: David in NJ
Sep 27, 2021
Norco
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I Totally agree: "keep His Commandments" - but Which ones?:

I have decided to follow Jesus?

Amen.
I would say as you read through the new testament and a text tells you to do something then it is a commandment of Jesus. I also believe that we should obey old testament moral laws (laws ref justice, respect, and sexual conduct) individuals are told to follow including the 10 commandments.

I would say start with what Jesus summed it up in Matthew 22:37-40 "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets". If you love God with all you're heart, soul, & mind then it follows you'll try to do whatever you see told you in the Bible.

I'm not saying anyone can do this perfectly but it should be the standard we strive for and what we plead to God to develop within us more & more.

Reactions: thelord's_pearl

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say as you read through the new testament and a text tells you to do something then it is a commandment of Jesus.
Yes, but there is So Much Confusion as to "which" one's, especially seemingly Contradictory ones:
i.e.:

I have decided to Follow Jesus?

A) Do I follow Him, and the doctrine He Spoke as The:

Humble Christ, on the earth, To Israel, 12 apostles, Under The Law/covenants
/Prophecy:

1) Repent (change mind about sin/agree With God "it is Wrong!") or perish
(Luk 13:3,5 Mar 1:4 24:47)
+
2) believe the gospel of the kingdom (Mat 4:23, 9:35, 24:14; Mar 1:14,15)
+
3) be baptized "For the remission of sin" (Mar 1:4 Luk 3:3, 7:29:30, 24:47;
Act 2:38)
+
4) "show works meet for repentance" (Mat 3:8), because,
+
5) "to the twelve tribes of Israel," "faith Without works is dead"
(Jam 1:1, 2:17,26)
+
6) "keep the commandments" to "enter life" (Mat 19:17)
+
7) "one thing thou lackest...sell ALL/take up cross/follow Jesus"
(Mar 10:17-23)
+
8) pray as a watchman, for Great Tribulation, man of sin, son of perdition, and
signs of the end times, and Second Coming?

Do I follow His earthly prophecy program of covenants and law?
( OT, Mat - John, Heb - Rev ) or:

Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15) From “Things That Differ” (online)

B) Do I follow Him As The Risen And Glorified "Head Of His Church" and:

His Heavenly Grace Program, According To The Revelation Of The Mystery?
(His Doctrine in Romans - Philemon)

1) Have repentance toward God (change mind about sin/agree With God "it is Wrong!")
(Acts 20:21)
+
2) Have faith toward The LORD Jesus Christ (Acts 20:21), and trust/believe The Gospel
Of The Grace Of God: His Death, Burial, And Resurrection, According To The Scripture
(Ephesians 2:5-9; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
+
3) Acknowledge I am Spiritually Baptized By The ONE Baptism Of The Holy Spirit
Into The ONE (Spiritual Organism) Body Of Christ, Seated In the Heavenlies
(Ephesians 4:5; Colossians 2:12; Galatians 3:27; Romans 6:3-4; 1 Corinthians 12:13)
+
4) Acknowledge Christ Is Living in me, so I allow Him to, through me:
+
5) To Fulfil:

All Of His Law, In ONE Word: ►► love ◄◄ thy neighbor
as thyself!" (Galatians 5:14; Romans 13:8-10)
+
6) Study God's Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided to show myself "Approved Unto God"
(2 Timothy 2:15), and all the rest of these Bible study Rules
+
7) Work with my hands to "give to them in need," and the LORD "shall supply all my need"
(Ephesians 4:28; 1 Thessalonians 4:11-12; 2 Thessalonians 3:10-12; 1 Timothy 5:8)
+
8) Be a humble prayer warrior and:
"...look, watch, and Patiently WAIT For..." = The LORD Jesus Christ!
(2 Thessalonians 2:1; Romans 8:18-19; Romans 8:23; Romans 8:25; 1 Corinthians 1:7;
Ephesians 6:12-18; Philippians 3:20; Colossians 4:1-3; 1 Thessalonians 1:10;
1 Thessalonians 5:5-11; Titus 2:13)
+
9) Put on the FULL armour of God and stand, in the spiritual warfare I wrestle with
(Ephesians 6:10-18)
+
10)
Eph 6:19 "And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I
may open my mouth boldly, to make known the Mystery Of The Gospel,"
+
11)
Eph 3:9 "And to make all men see what is the fellowship of The Mystery, which from the
beginning of the world hath been hid in God, Who created all things by Jesus Christ"
+
12) Acknowledge that I am going to give an account at Judgment (1 Corinthians 3:8-15;
Romans 14:12), at my Heavenly Home-Going ( Great GRACE Departure! )

According to these and all the details of God's Sound Doctrinal Blueprint In
Romans Through Philemon?
(1 Timothy 1:10; 2 Timothy 4:3; Titus 1:9):

Titus 2:1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:

Or:

C) Do I speak after following the Many, who homogenize A) + B) into
Massive Confusion?

Amen.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2021
Norco
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but there is So Much Confusion as to "which" one's, especially seemingly Contradictory ones:
i.e.:

Without spending the time to analyze & address every scripture, I'm going to kinda go with option C in this order:

A2/B2) Believe the gospel of the kingdom & have faith toward The LORD Jesus Christ and trust/believe the Gospel of The Grace Of God: His Death, Burial, And Resurrection, According To The Scripture.
+
A3/B3) If there is true salvation, God has given you a new nature/soul and are spiritually baptized by the one baptism of the Holy Spirit for a the remission of sin. You may make a public representation of this conversion by water baptism (but not required for salvation – the thief on the cross wasn’t water baptized after his conversion).
+
A1/B1) Repent (change mind about sin/agree with God "it is wrong!")
+
A 4-7/B4-12) "show works meet for repentance", because faith without works is dead, by diligently seeking God’s directions throughout scripture and implementing them into your thoughts and behavior as the power of the Holy Spirit enables you. (2 Timothy 3:16 & 17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works)

Last edited:
Reactions: L.A.M.B. and Wynona

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Without spending the time to analyze & address every scripture, I'm going to kinda go with option C in this order:

A2/B2) Believe the gospel of the kingdom & have faith toward The LORD Jesus Christ and trust/believe the Gospel of The Grace Of God: His Death, Burial, And Resurrection, According To The Scripture.
+
A3/B3) If there is true salvation, God has given you is a new nature/soul and are spiritually baptized by the one baptism of the Holy Spirit for a the remission of sin. You may make a public representation of this conversion by water baptism (but not required for salvation – the thief on the cross wasn’t water baptized after his conversion).
+
A1/B1) Repent (change mind about sin/agree with God "it is wrong!")
+
A 4-7/B4-12) "show works meet for repentance", because faith without works is dead, by diligently seeking God’s directions throughout scripture and implementing them into your thoughts and behavior as the power of the Holy Spirit enables you.
I like your post but you must remember that the thief on the cross was not water baptized because Jesus was still alive but after Jesus went back to the Father, He said beforehand to his disciples that when he goes away there will be another helper, the Holy Spirit and the bible says we're to be baptized and we'll receive the Holy Spirit.

Sep 27, 2021
Norco
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like your post but you must remember that the thief on the cross was not water baptized because Jesus was still alive but after Jesus went back to the Father, He said beforehand to his disciples that when he goes away there will be another helper, the Holy Spirit and the bible says we're to be baptized and we'll receive the Holy Spirit.
Thanks. Are you referring to Acts 2:38 "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost".

I think 1 Peter 3:21-22 clarifies water baptism: "The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ: Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him".

I don't believe we can count on any "works" we might do to attribute to our salvation.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Many sinners imagine that they are saved by grace through faith when they have never obeyed the gospel of Christ. These people are totally oblivious to the fact that the Lord Jesus Christ will be:

"...Taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power..."

These sinners use Ephesians 2:8-9 to justify their rebellion to the glorious gospel of Christ; convincing themselves that there is somehow no gospel to obey. But what does the word of God say about such behavior?

"But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves."
— (James 1:22).

And what do the holy scriptures say about rebellion and stubbornness? They say that:

"...Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry..."
— (1 Samuel 15:23).

Where then will such people end up if they do not repent? Sorcerers and idolaters:

"...Shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."
— (Revelation 21:8).

Nevertheless, here is how that passage is written in the Word of God:

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."
— (Ephesians 2:8-9).

But what the children of disobedience who use this verse to justify their rebellion do not understand is that the epistle to the Ephesians is not written to those that are:

"...Dead in trespasses and sins..."
— (Ephesians 2:1).

The epistle is written:

"...To the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus..."
— (Ephesians 1:1).

How did the Ephesians become saints and faithful in Christ Jesus? They became saints when they were:

"...Baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied."
— (Acts 19:5-6).

This is how the Ephesians were saved by grace through faith. They obeyed the gospel of Christ which was first preached on the day of Pentecost:

"...Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
— (Acts 2:38).

They obeyed it, for:

"...It is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."
— (Romans 1:16).

And this is how we christians are saved by grace:

"...Through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."
— (Ephesians 2:8-10).

Christians have nothing to boast about. Even their faith is not of themselves. It is the gift of God. As it is written:

"Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith."
— (Romans 3:27).

And where does their faith come from? It is written:

"...Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."
— (Romans 10:17).

It is therefore God who:

"...Hath dealt to every man the measure of faith."
— (Romans 12:3).

Amen. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
That's correct! We're to strive to and endure to the end not to walk by the flesh but by the Spirit; that is, not do works of the flesh but we're required to do works by the Spirit, the Holy Spirit which is our Helper, that not of our fleshly selves but by the Spirit. God gives us the Holy Spirit/Ghost IN us, or to dwell IN us and empowers or helps, prompts us to live/walk by the Spirit.
Scriptures that tell us the truth:

2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV​

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Romans 6:1-23​

What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it? Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his.

Luke 5:37-38 KJV​

And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish. But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.

Ephesians 4:23-24 KJV​

And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Galatians 6:15 KJV​

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

John 13:34-35 KJV​

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Romans 12:1-2
Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

Collosians 3:9-10
Do not lie to one another, since you laid aside the old self with its evil practices, and have put on the new self who is being renewed to a true knowledge according to the image of the One who created him--

Mark 1:15
And saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Acts 3:19
Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out,

And more... this is the truth, the gospel. It's all in the Bible. Christ died for our past sins to show us an example of Him so that we should repent and follow Him and be a new creature, not so that you will still be your old, dirty, unrighteous self.

Last edited:

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

2 Thessalonians 1:8-9
Young's Literal Translation
8 in flaming fire, giving vengeance to those not knowing God, and to those not obeying the good news of our Lord Jesus Christ;

9 who shall suffer justice -- destruction age-during -- from the face of the Lord, and from the glory of his strength,

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I love the part of the gospel I was taught. I was taught that Christ died for our past sins so that we could be a changed, repentant person, a new creature walking by the Spirit in righteousness, Christ-like, to deny our fleshly selves, not walk in the flesh and take up our cross and follow Him; this newness makes me feel cleansed and happy that we could live in a better world and that those who hear this gospel and know about God's people will be enlightened.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks. Are you referring to Acts 2:38 "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost".

I think 1 Peter 3:21-22 clarifies water baptism: "The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ: Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him".

I don't believe we can count on any "works" we might do to attribute to our salvation.
You're welcome.:) Yes I am talking about that scripture. I believe we're required to do works by the Spirit/walk after/strive for the Spirit and to not do or walk after works of the flesh.

Romans 8:2-26 NKJV​

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together. For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body. For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance. Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Reactions: Two-Edged Sword

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone, hence not of works. (Ephesians 2:8,9) Those who have placed their faith in Jesus Christ alone for salvation have obeyed the gospel by choosing to believe the gospel. Romans 10:16 - But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?” Romans 1:16 - For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Many 'pseudo' Christians imagine they will be saved by works when they have never believed the gospel of Christ. (2 Corinthians 4:3,4; Galatians 1:6-9)

Reactions: Rapture Bound

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, what did Paul mean when he wrote this?

Therefore, we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of The Law. (Romans 3:28)

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of (or "in") Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of (or "in") Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. (Galatians 2:16)

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How good is good enough?

How do we know we have obayed enough to be saved? More importantly. how do we know we have sinned to much to be lost?

Reactions: mailmandan

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
eph 2: 8.. faith minus works

Basic math says that a - b = x

when b = 0.

we have a - 0 = x

using basic math

x = a

so we have a - 0 - a

hence faith - works = faith (Alone)
Yes, we are saved through faith (rightly understood) in Christ alone. (Romans 3:24-28; 4:5-6; 5:1; Ephesians 2:8,9 etc..).

Not to be confused with an empty profession of faith/dead faith that remains alone - "barren of works." (James 2:14-24)

Rapture Bound

Jun 26, 2023
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, we are saved through faith (rightly understood) in Christ alone. (Romans 3:24-28; 4:5-6; 5:1; Ephesians 2:8,9 etc..).

Not to be confused with an empty profession of faith/dead faith that remains alone - "barren of works." (James 2:14-24)

It will be interesting to see if the originator of this thread [2 Peter 1:10-11] agrees with what you and Eternally Grateful stated in posts #17-19. Your statements were spot-on and critically important to embrace.

The question of justification by faith alone was the centerpiece of the Protestant Reformation. Sadly, today, many who are non-Roman Catholics share the same false doctrine of justification, while, at the same time tell me, "Yeah, we need to reach them lost Roman Catholics with the true gospel message" ... not even realizing that they also do not understand or flat out reject the message of the true gospel... they have placed themselves in the same boat, they are in essence of 'like-faith' [although I realize that some of them are good with this since they openly agree and associate with the R.C. false gospel].

This grand issue which was brought to the forefront at the Protestant reformation has never went away, it unsurprisingly resurfaces time and time again in various forms since it intricately connects with the most important question that one can ask, "What must I do to be saved?"

Reactions: mailmandan