There is no spiritual gift called "the gift of tongues".

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, Hebrew was my first Language, among others.
Zebedee, a Hebrew name
Matthew
Thaddeus

The New Testament includes a variety of Hebrew, Greek and Roman names. Examples of common English names from the New Testament are:

Hebrew names that begin with Y --how is that

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They weren't there. Moses said it, I believe it. Hebrew scholars and trinity scholars did little to figure God out or God would not have sent them off on diaspora's. You put your 100% faith on them, I put mine on Jesus, God's word. End of story.
Do you know what Jesus actually teaches? Few do. I have started threads in every sight like this with 8 or 9 teachings from Jesus. Many trinity sights banned me forever for showing what Jesus taught.

• Wow
Reactions: The Learner

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No mortals are perfect. Look at Gods chosen scholars in Jesus' day-totally apostacised-Jesus disfellowshipped them-Matt 23:38--Look how Israel anointed kings fell over and over--Adam and Eve-1/3 of the angels=all perfect yet fell to satan. God disfellowshipped them all. So do not expect perfection from imperfect men.
Nicodemus was an apostate??? The Berean scholars too??

• Haha

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 41699

John 10 he is saying one in nature with the Father.
John 17 is one in spirit or agreement.

13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. - James 3

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was brought up GARBC Baptist and firmly believed all that Pentecostal stuff was of the devil. Until I came down to Virginia and stayed the summer with my grandmother. I would work the hay field that year with a farmer who would shout at work, shout in the hay field, and shout in church. He would also speak in tongues and run the aisles. He and his wife would operate a dairy farm and he would also work at the local ammunition plant. A very large soul his shouting would ring through the building. In the altar services he would kneel behind me in prayer and tears would roll off his cheek and onto my shoulders. A wonderfully large soul. Along with Dallas there were many others like him who would let the praises roll during church service. During the altar service old Evans Linkous used to weep like a baby. And if he were to look back to catch the amazed look in my eye he would weep, "The Holy Ghost! The Holy Ghost!" And point to all the souls being blessed around the altar. After I experienced these things for myself the people would make a fuss, or in the words of the Apostle Paul, glorify God in me.

One day, after a beautiful autumnal week of beautiful Virginia fall and revival I lay on my bed with open door, listening to the Katydids sing their praises to God, reading Run Baby Run, with fireflies lighting up the mountain as they would fly, and heard the Spirit ask... "Put the book down" and then continue, "Where is all that hatred, strife, and bad feeling?" In which examining my eternal man there was nothing there but sheer beauty. I thought to myself... Oh my! I got exactly what those folks got!

And in the words of George Clark Rankin, "It was the third Sunday in September, 1866 (in my case much later), and those Church vows became a living principle in my heart and life. During these forty-five long years, with their alternations of sunshine and shadow, daylight and darkness, success and failure, rejoicing and weeping, fears within and fightings without, I have never ceased to thank God for that autumnal day in the long ago when my name was registered in the Lamb's Book of Life." - The Life of George Clark Rankin

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Catholicism( 2 Thess 2:3) screwed it all up at their councils. No protestant branch fixed much.
But you don't name any council, or why they were convened. You just pass flatus with stupid self defeating zingers. If it weren't for councils, there would be no Bible. duhHELLO??? I'm sure you don't get it, cognitive dissonance is a powerful defense mechanism.

You place yourself in judgement of all Christian churches, the same as every made-in-America Bible club that has to revise history so it fits their man made system.
Todays reputable Protestant historians are the enemy of anti-Catholics. Cults associate the "man of lawlessness" with Catholicism. Many of todays Protestant scholars have backed away from the reformers anti-Catholic assertions. That's because, upon scrutiny and honest research and mature scholarship, the reformers anti-Catholic assertions are embarrassing. "mature scholarship" rules out the absurd wanna-be preachers on YouTube. There is literally an exodus of Protestant scholars and ministers swimming the Tiber.

The need to demonized the Catholic Church ended with Vatican II. Those documents are rarely mocked. But you would rather pontificate myths made popular by professional liars getting rich off people's predisposition to bigotry or lack of education. It's no coincidence that most rabid anti-Catholic rhetoric
  • was spawned from the same country: USA.
  • in the same time frame (late 18th century)
  • always founded by one person, most of them were Protestant pastors,
  • and all of them are less than 200 years old which is as far back as the line of thought is traced.
Nobody is born a racist.
Nobody is born an atheist.
Nobody is born an anti-Catholic
But the socialization process is the same. Most atheists had traumatic childhoods so I often wonder if there is a parallel with rabid anti-Catholics.
Nurturing voluntary doubt leads to spiritual blindness.

2087 Our moral life has its source in faith in God who reveals his love to us. St. Paul speaks of the "obedience of faith"9 as our first obligation. He shows that "ignorance of God" is the principle and explanation of all moral deviations.10 Our duty toward God is to believe in him and to bear witness to him.

2088 The first commandment requires us to nourish and protect our faith with prudence and vigilance, and to reject everything that is opposed to it. There are various ways of sinning against faith:

Voluntary doubt about the faith disregards or refuses to hold as true what God has revealed and the Church proposes for belief. Involuntary doubt refers to hesitation in believing, difficulty in overcoming objections connected with the faith, or also anxiety aroused by its obscurity. If deliberately cultivated doubt can lead to spiritual blindness.

2089 Incredulity is the neglect of revealed truth or the willful refusal to assent to it. "Heresy is the obstinate post-baptismal denial of some truth which must be believed with divine and catholic faith, or it is likewise an obstinate doubt concerning the same; apostasy is the total repudiation of the Christian faith; schism is the refusal of submission to the Roman Pontiff or of communion with the members of the Church subject to him."11

* Hope

When God reveals Himself and calls him, man cannot fully respond to the divine love by his own powers. He must hope that God will give him the capacity to love Him in return and to act in conformity with the commandments of charity. Hope is the confident expectation of divine blessing and the beatific vision of God; it is also the fear of offending God's love and of incurring punishment.

2091 The first commandment is also concerned with sins against hope, namely, despair and presumption:

By despair, man ceases to hope for his personal salvation from God, for help in attaining it or for the forgiveness of his sins. Despair is contrary to God's goodness, to his justice - for the Lord is faithful to his promises - and to his mercy.

2092 There are two kinds of presumption. Either man presumes upon his own capacities, (hoping to be able to save himself without help from on high), or he presumes upon God's almighty power or his mercy (hoping to obtain his forgiveness without conversion and glory without merit).

Last edited:
  • Love

Writer

Jan 18, 2024
Post Falls
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know what Jesus actually teaches? Few do. I have started threads in every sight like this with 8 or 9 teachings from Jesus. Many trinity sights banned me forever for showing what Jesus taught.
Oh WOW..."Few do". You are the epitome of egocentricism; a self appointed expert at not seeing the forest from the trees. Who appointed you an expert? Why? Jesus doesn't need experts, He had nothing to do with them and He certainly didn't appoint you. You probably purchased your ointment from men you have 100% faith in because going to Jesus directly for His Anointing isn't in your religious syllabus
doctrines.

• Love

Writer

Jan 18, 2024
Post Falls
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christian Maturity Looks like Peter rebuking Ananias for lying to the Holy Spirit and killing him. Christian Maturity looks like Paul parting ways with Barnabas, Christian Maturity looks like Paul calling Peter out in public for attempting to compromise his apostleship to favor the powers to be. Christian Maturity doesn't look like a Pope who allows children to be molested under his watch and then does nothing about it except sweep it under the table, knowing full well it was going on for YEARS and probably still does.

Standing on my faith and rebuking the enemy when he shows up as religiousity protesting the truth...is Christian Maturity. Jesus called them sons of the devil. What do you call them?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christian Maturity Looks like Peter rebuking Ananias for lying to the Holy Spirit and killing him. Christian Maturity looks like Paul parting ways with Barnabas, Christian Maturity looks like Paul calling Peter out in public for attempting to compromise his apostleship to favor the powers to be. Christian Maturity doesn't look like a Pope who allows children to be molested under his watch and then does nothing about it except sweep it under the table, knowing full well it was going on for YEARS and probably still does.

Standing on my faith and rebuking the enemy when he shows up as religiousity protesting the truth...is Christian Maturity. Jesus called them sons of the devil. What do you call them?
Yikes!
I had to put these on to answer your post.
1708711652254.jpeg

/

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh WOW..."Few do". You are the epitome of egocentricism; a self appointed expert at not seeing the forest from the trees. Who appointed you an expert? Why? Jesus doesn't need experts, He had nothing to do with them and He certainly didn't appoint you. You probably purchased your ointment from men you have 100% faith in because going to Jesus directly for His Anointing isn't in your religious syllabus
doctrines.
Matt 6:33--Every true follower knows and does this by heart already--Keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom and his (YHVH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these things will be added( sustenance, covering, spirituality)--If one does not do this 24/7, 365 then its impossible for them to do this=John 4:22-24

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No mortals are perfect. Look at Gods chosen scholars in Jesus' day-totally apostacised-Jesus disfellowshipped them-Matt 23:38--Look how Israel anointed kings fell over and over--Adam and Eve-1/3 of the angels=all perfect yet fell to satan. God disfellowshipped them all. So do not expect perfection from imperfect men.
That reminds me:
Google any group like
Sexual abuse group name, Baptist, Catholic, Methodist, Mormons, Jehovah Witness and you get a mess.

The JW child abuse damage archive group released the results of its survey of current and former followers about sexual abuse and harassment within the organization on Nov. 28. It received 159 valid responses. Thirty-seven respondents said they had been sexually abused by followers.Dec 4, 2023

July 21, 2023 By Shaheen & Gordon, P.A. In a landmark ruling, a victim of childhood sexual abuse, known only as “N.D.,” has been awarded a groundbreaking $40 million settlement in a lawsuit against the Makaha Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses and Keneth L. Apana, an “Elder” within the congregation.

Those I posted about where part of your Governing Body in NY.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Hebrew=Yahweh--We don't speak Hebrew and no other names in the 66 books are written the Hebrew way either.
So why do you JW's constantly try to rewrite the Christian Bible to change the clear meaning?

• Love

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every Hebrew scholar and trinity scholar and Gods scholars know 100% the tetragramoton is what God put in the bible= either-YHWH, or YHVH.
How do you know every Hebrew scholar? LOL YOU DON'T! WatchTower LIED to you.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hidden Abuse Under the Watchtower
The Jehovah’s Witnesses have systematically instructed leaders to keep child sexual abuse secret from law enforcement and members of their own congregations.

Logo for the series The Witnesses
The Witnesses
February 5, 2020
The new series is based on a five-year investigation into the coverup of child sexual abuse by Jehovah’s Witnesses leaders.

Jehovah’s Witness abuse files remain secret after court settlements
March 21, 2018
The cases marked the first time it had allowed its mother lode of child sexual abuse files into the hands of anyone outside the organization.

New documents about Jehovah’s Witnesses’ sex abuse begin to leak out
January 10, 2018
The documents detail the accusations of two sisters who say they were sexually assaulted by their father when they were growing up.

Jehovah’s Witnesses’ tab for child sex abuse secrecy: $2M and counting
November 16, 2017
Appeals court judges called the organization a “recalcitrant litigant who refuses to follow valid orders and merely reiterates losing arguments.”

Jehovah’s Witnesses double down on Scripture used to ignore abuse
November 9, 2017
Even though Jehovah’s Witnesses are under pressure worldwide for covering up child sexual abuse, a senior official says the policy will never change.

Jehovah’s Witnesses sued in Canada over history of sex abuse cover-up
October 20, 2017
An ongoing investigation by Reveal found that the religion instructs local leaders to hide child abuse from law enforcement.

Australia does what US won’t: Investigate Jehovah’s Witness cover-up
May 18, 2017
As part of a three-year investigation into the Jehovah’s Witnesses child sexual abuse policies, Reveal contacted the FBI, attorneys general in New York and California, the Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office and several members of Congress, and found no indication of a government investigation.

Reveal event aims to pry loose documents in Jehovah’s Witnesses cover-up
May 3, 2017
We facilitated a day of candid discussions about ways to address the Jehovah’s Witnesses child abuse crisis with sources from across the globe.

Jehovah’s Witnesses settle suit alleging cover-up of child sex abuse
February 17, 2017
The settlement came five days into a trial in which a former Witness claimed the religion’s parent corporation violated Pennsylvania’s child abuse reporting laws by instructing elders not to report her allegations to police.

Secrets of the Watchtower
December 10, 2016
On this episode of Reveal, we track down people who know the Jehovah’s Witnesses’ secrets and expose stories behind a religion with 8 million follower

How Jehovah’s Witnesses leaders hide child abuse secrets at all costs
December 10, 2016
The leadership of the Jehovah’s Witnesses has boldly defied court orders to turn over the names and whereabouts of alleged child sexual abusers across the United States.

A reader’s guide to the Jehovah’s Witnesses child sex abuse scandal
February 29, 2016
Here’s a quick rundown of the major findings from our running investigation into the religion’s efforts to hide child sex abuse.

How child sex abusers get reinstated as Jehovah’s Witnesses
February 17, 2016
One abuse case in Australia highlights a pattern among Jehovah’s Witnesses: Elders fail report child sexual abuse to secular authorities. The perpetrator is kicked out of the organization, only to be reinstated later.

Jehovah’s Witnesses fight law on reporting child sex abuse to police
February 1, 2016
A case highlights the struggle of courts to interpret a convoluted web of clergy reporting laws that stretches across U.S.

Another judge criticizes Jehovah’s Witnesses’ court tactics
January 11, 2016
A panel of judges in Philadelphia has ruled that Jehovah’s Witnesses used an “abusive tactic” to delay a trial in which a woman accused the religion’s leaders of covering up her abuse as a child.

In England, more accusations that Jehovah’s Witnesses hid sex abuse
January 4, 2016
Claims that Jehovah’s Witnesses hide child sexual abuse from secular authorities have surfaced again in England. The Daily Mail reported last week that Ian Pheasey, a 54-year-old Jehovah’s Witness, was sentenced to five years’ imprisonment for choking young girls for sexual gratification in the 1990s. Prosecutor Nicholas Taplow said that Pheasey’s victims were told to […]

Reveal mixtape: The best of 2015
December 21, 2015
Need something to listen to during this holiday season? Now’s the perfect time to check out our show, “Reveal,” public radio’s new investigative reporting show and podcast.

Jehovah’s Witnesses leaders say they don’t protect sexual abusers
December 21, 2015
In the face of evidence that the Jehovah’s Witnesses organization in Australia failed to report more than 1,000 allegations of child sexual abuse, the religion’s leaders say they’re doing a great job of protecting children. The response comes from a 141-page document filed by the Witnesses to an Australian government commission investigating rampant child sexual […]

Curl up with Reveal’s top #longreads from 2015
December 17, 2015
Check out five pieces of our best long-form writing from 2015, as selected by Reveal’s staff.

How Jehovah’s Witness leaders are responding to child abuse scrutiny
December 14, 2015
A Portuguese news documentary released in October was yet another report from across the globe to detail the Jehovah’s Witnesses’ policy of not reporting child abusers to law enforcement. As in other media reports, top officials refused to speak to the journalists who produced it.

Status
Not open for further replies.