There is no 'Spiritual Only' second coming, resurrection of the dead, nor reign on earth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gilligan

Oct 30, 2021
Spring
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amils do NOT believe that there is "a spiritual only second coming" or "a spiritual only resurrection".
Obviously, that's not the dispute. Spirit-only millennialists do acknowledge the body resurrection and ruling over nations with Christ. They just don't allow any time for actually governing over them, but just an immediate mass slaughter.

Their only 'real' millennial time on earth is the figurative one today, that is not literal but spirit-only.

That is a kind of pseudo-millennial, where it's not literal, but only figurative and illusionary, that know one can actually see on earth.

It's a phantom Docetic millennialism.

The Scriptures only confirm a bodily resurrection, reign, and millennium on earth.

There is no such thing as spirit-only resurrection, reign, and 'unlimited' millennium, neither in heaven nor on earth. It's the phantom reign of some Christians only in their illusive minds. It's out there somewhere in the air, but it just can't quite seem to ever be grasped, not by Scripture nor by the hands on earth.

What it is, is the millennial reign of the prince and power of the air, that he shines as an angel of light, to them that want to believe it.

Which is no big deal, since it's just silly imagination at that point, and who cares what people figuratively think of themselves. The problem is why such an illusion is created: It's specifically to deny the Scriptural bodily Millennium of Christ and His resurrected saints.

I believe a source reason for it, is that all such docetic-millennialists, are also fervent OSAS believers.

If they believe they are already figuratively 'resurrected' as part of the bodily resurrection of Jesus, and 'reigning' with Him in heaven and on earth, then how can they possibly not be also in the first bodily resurrection of the church, and ruling with Him at His second coming?

This is confirmed by their own words, that they are now spiritually reigning in heaven, for ever. They also now add they have already docetically 'endured' to the end.

This is just a 'spirit-only' source for OSAS unconditionally secured salvation and justification by Christ, that cannot be annulled by still doing unrighteousness on earth. At least their old bodies are anyway, while they are off flitting around reining over the universe.

Docetic Rulers of the Universe. The DRU Empire. The Spiritual Christians of DRU.:vgood:

Simple.

Last edited:

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What it is, is the millennial reign of the prince and power of the air, that he shines as an angel of light, to them that want to believe it.

That's the only kind of "Millennium" that can happen now and since Pentecost...a false Millennium actually ruled by the Prince of the power of the air (satan). Prince in Greek means a king or ruler not the son of a king or lesser authority for those who are reading along.

Reactions: Gilligan

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In order to beat everyone to death with clubs of iron. Yes, I know.
No, that is not what I believe. I believe that Jesus Himself will destroy all of His enemies with fire when He returns (2 Peter 3:10-13).

But you also teach the only time of millennium on earth is now, which is figurative and spirit-only.

Which is as meaningless as dead faith alone.
You think what is described in the following passage is meaningless? Because my understanding is based on passages like this:

Revelation 1:5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, 6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.

Honest amils don't make up a current figurative spirit-only reigning with Christ now in heaven and on earth.
What are you talking about?

They just say there is never any Millennium of Christ on earth, and leave it at that.
Not in the way you understand it. That's no mystery that our understanding of the thousand years is different than yours.

Are you not reigning figuratively in heaven now?
Maybe figuratively in the sense of what Paul wrote about in Ephesians 2:4-6, but not literally. You accused Amils of believing that we reign in heaven literally now.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously, that's not the dispute. Spirit-only millennialists do acknowledge the body resurrection and ruling over nations with Christ. They just don't allow any time for actually governing over them, but just an immediate mass slaughter.

Their only 'real' millennial time on earth is the figurative one today, that is not literal but spirit-only.

That is a kind of pseudo-millennial, where it's not literal, but only figurative and illusionary, that know one can actually see on earth.

The Scriptures only confirm a bodily resurrection, reign, and millennium on earth.

There is no such thing as spirit-only resurrection, reign, and 'unlimited' millennium, neither in heaven nor on earth. It's the phantom reign of some Christians only in their illusive minds. It's out there somewhere in the air, but it just can't quite seem to ever be grasped, not by Scripture nor by the hands on earth.

Which is no big deal, since it's just silly imagination at that point, and who cares what people figuratively think of themselves. The problem is why such an illusion is created: It's specifically to deny the Scriptural bodily Millennium of Christ and His resurrected saints.

I believe a source reason for it, is that all such docetic-millennialists, are also fervent OSAS believers.

If they believe they are already figuratively 'resurrected' as part of the bodily resurrection of Jesus, and 'reigning' with Him in heaven and on earth, then how can they possibly not be also in the first bodily resurrection of the church, and ruling with Him at His second coming?

This is confirmed by their own words, that they are now spiritually reigning in heaven, for ever. They also now add they have already docetically 'endured' to the end.

This is just a 'spirit-only' source for OSAS unconditionally secured salvation and justification by Christ, that cannot be annulled by still doing unrighteousness on earth. At least their old bodies are anyway, while they are off flitting around reining over the universe.

Docetic Rulers of the Universe. The DRU Empire. The Spiritual Christians of DRU.:vgood:

Simple.
What a bunch of nonsense. You are just a clown. You are unable to refute what we actually believe, so you make things up instead and refute your straw man, which is a complete waste of time.

Reactions: WPM

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's the only kind of "Millennium" that can happen now and since Pentecost...a false Millennium actually ruled by the Prince of the power of the air (satan). Prince in Greek means a king or ruler not the son of a king or lesser authority for those who are reading along.
This illustrates a major problem with Premil. You deny that Christ reigns now even though scripture clearly teaches that He does.

Matthew 28:18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Ephesians 1:19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength 20 he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, 21 far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. 22 And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, 23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.

Colossians 1:12 and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light. 13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

Revelation 1:5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, 6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.

Reactions: Truth7t7

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Satan may rule your world but he does not rule the Amils world. Jesus does! He carries all power and authority in heaven and on earth. Your BIG-devil and small jesus theology is highly unscriptural.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible's prophecy of the millennium of Christ begins only after the Lord's second coming, with the first resurrection of the dead, and is ruled by rod of iron over people and nations.

Cutting through all the arguments, it's simple: there is no spiritual only millennium, with a spiritual only second coming, a spiritual only resurrection, and spiritual only reign.

Even as faith alone without works is dead, a spiritual only millennium is vain imagination.

If only true Christian amils existed, that say there is no millennium of Christ on earth, then there wouldn't be any confusion. Some believe the Bible teaches a millennium of Christ and His saints on earth, and some don't.

All the real contention is not between mils and amils, but between mils and pseudo-amils. Honest Amils say there is no millennium on earth, but pseudo amils teach another millennium of their own making, like preaching another gospel.

The pseudo millennium of pseudo amils, is a spiritual only millennium, that does not have the Lord seen coming again as lightning, nor a resurrection of the dead saints, nor having any rule over peoples and nations of earth. All of that is supposed to happen at the end of their current spiritual millennium, not during. And the only rule over nations at that time, is beating everyone to death.

And since a thousand years is also spiritual only, then it really can't even be called a 'millennium', but simply a spiritual coming again, a spiritual resurrection of the saints, and spiritual reign on earth, that does not include unbelievers, until they are all beaten to death.

And so, in the end, it's nothing but a doctrinally taught spiritual millennium on earth, that only they know about and speak of.

I certainly don't. I know the Spirit of Christ is now upon all flesh, and in the hearts of His faithful believers, and His everlasting kingdom is now open to all that enter in by His faith. But, I have not seen Him come again to earth, nor am I resurrected from dead, and I certainly don't exercise rule over others, especially not whole nations with a rod of iron. And of course, I have no interest nor part in their Final Solution.

The pseudo millennium of spirituality only, is as grounded in truth as new age guru divines.

It is easy to be confused when out in the weeds among the 'isms.

The bottom line -- when all is said and done, the end of all things, is:
  1. "God is spirit."
  2. "God is perfect."
  3. "Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect."

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is easy to be confused when out in the weeds among the 'isms.

The bottom line -- when all is said and done, the end of all things, is:
  1. "God is spirit."
  2. "God is perfect."
  3. "Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect."
The bottom line will be, a tangible New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, with the tree and river of life, fish, fishing nets, houses built, vineyards planted, animals living in peace as in the garden of eden, while God's throne and tabernacle will be in New Jerusalem, with streets of gold

Jesus Is The Lord

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bottom line will be, a tangible New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, with the tree and river of life, fish, fishing nets, houses built, vineyards planted, animals living in peace as in the garden of eden, while God's throne and tabernacle will be in New Jerusalem, with streets of gold

Jesus Is The Lord

You are not getting it. You are not the first. History repeats itself:

It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.​
But He was speaking of the temple of His body.​
How is it you do not understand that I did not speak to you concerning bread?—but to beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees.”​

Many who are learned still make the same mistake as those who crucified Christ. But the lessons were never about the objects of the lessons. History repeats itself.

"There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not getting it. You are not the first. History repeats itself:

It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.​
But He was speaking of the temple of His body.​
How is it you do not understand that I did not speak to you concerning bread?—but to beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees.”​

Many who are learned still make the same mistake as those who crucified Christ. But the lessons were never about the objects of the lessons. History repeats itself.

"There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."
Your response is empty, however your judgement to weeping and gnashing of teeth hasn't changed "Smiles"!

Jesus Is The Lord

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your response is empty, however your judgement to weeping and gnashing of teeth hasn't changed "Smiles"!

Jesus Is The Lord

My response is only "empty" to you because it is in the Spirit, thus you don't hear a word of it. Go figure. Even so, you keep saying "Lord", "Lord."

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My response is only "empty" to you because it is in the Spirit, thus you don't hear a word of it. Go figure. Even so, you keep saying "Lord", "Lord."
You forgot your famous weeping and gnashing of teeth slogan, smiles!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan may rule your world but he does not rule the Amils world. Jesus does! He carries all power and authority in heaven and on earth. Your BIG-devil and small jesus theology is highly unscriptural.
I am glad that you say Satan was never in charge of this world ever. Jesus has always been the ruler of this world since Genesis 1:1.

Jesus allows Satan only 42 months just prior to Armageddon, and then Satan is bound in the pit for a thousand years.

The only time Satan will ever be in charge is still future. If it is even allowed then.

Gilligan

Oct 30, 2021
Spring
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that is not what I believe. I believe that Jesus Himself will destroy all of His enemies with fire when He returns (2 Peter 3:10-13).

Then you don't believe He will rule the nations with rod of iron.
You think what is described in the following passage is meaningless? Because my understanding is based on passages like this:

Being a king and priest to God by Jesus Christ, is not already being a part of His bodily resurrection and ruling with Him over the nations with rod of iron.

What are you talking about?
You're not an amil, that rejects there being any millennium rule of Christ on earth with His saints. You're a pseudo-mil, that thinks you're doing so now by spirit-only.

Not in the way you understand it. That's no mystery that our understanding of the thousand years is different than yours.
That's because I'm not an imaginary millinialist. A thousand years is a thousand years.

Maybe figuratively in the sense of what Paul wrote about in Ephesians 2:4-6, but not literally.
Figurative that is not literal, is figurative only, not real at all.

You're figurative resurrection and reign is not real.

You accused Amils of believing that we reign in heaven literally now.
No, they don't even teaching a figurative unreal one now. Only you pseudo-millennialists teach that unreality.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you don't believe He will rule the nations with rod of iron.
Yes, I do. I just don't have the same understanding of what that means as you do. It's figurative language describing how He will destroy His enemies. It comes from this passage:

Psalm 2:7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. 8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. 9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

As you can see here, it is "the heathen" that He will rule/break with a rod of iron while dashing them in pieces like a potter's vessel. He will not rule over His enemies the way you think He will. Scripture says that He will destroy them when He returns. That is indicated repeatedly in scripture such as in passages like Matthew 24:35-39, 1 Thess 5:2-3, 2 Thess 1:7-10, 2 Peter 3:10-12 and Revelation 19:11-21.

You're not an amil, that rejects there being any millennium rule of Christ on earth with His saints. You're a pseudo-mil, that thinks you're doing so now by spirit-only.
You make up your own terms for no apparent reason. Amils believe that Christ is reigning now and that His followers reign with Him, including those who are in heaven now. You make up terms like "pseudo-mil" that don't apply to anyone. Everyone else is fine with labels like Premil and Amil and knows that they mean, but for whatever reason you have to make up your own labels that no one else uses, which is very strange.

That's because I'm not an imaginary millinialist. A thousand years is a thousand years.
LOL. Is the following referring to a literal thousand generations?

Deuteronomy 7:9 Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments.

Would you say that "a thousand generations is a thousand generations"? Let's say a thousand generations went by and we reached the 1,001st generation. Is this verse meant to be taken literally to mean that God would no longer keep "his covenant of love" to "those who love him" at that point? Or is the reference to "a thousand generations" figurative instead? It's clearly figurative, right? God doesn't ever stop keeping His promises no matter how much time goes by. So, if the "thousand generations" can be figurative, then why not the "thousand years" as well?

Psalm 50:9 I have no need of a bull from your stall or of goats from your pens, 10 for every animal of the forest is mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills.

Would you say that "a thousand hills is a thousand hills"? Or is the reference to "a thousand hills" figurative rather than literal in this verse? Surely, you would not claim that it's saying God only own the cattle on a thousand hills but does not own the cattle on the rest of the hills, right? Clearly, "the cattle on a thousand hills" figuratively represents the cattle on all hills in this verse, right? So, why can't the thousand years be figurative as well?

Figurative that is not literal, is figurative only, not real at all.
LOL. That is not what the word figurative means. You seem to be confusing the word with the word fictional. For something to be figurative just means that it is symbolically representing something real. In the case of the thousand years, it's not a literal thousand years, but it does represent a real period of time with a beginning and ending. A time that began when Christ was resurrected and will end whenever Satan is loosed.

You're figurative resurrection and reign is not real.
Nonsense. The first resurrection is Christ's resurrection in particular (1 Cor 15:20, Acts 26:23) and that was very real. And us spiritually having part in His resurrection when we are spiritually saved is also very real.

Reactions: covenantee and WPM

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Simple.
Is God a phantom of silly imagination?
  1. Romans 8:9
    But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  2. Romans 8:14
    For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
  3. Romans 15:19
    Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.
  4. 1 Corinthians 2:11
    For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
  5. 1 Corinthians 2:14
    But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
  6. 1 Corinthians 3:16
    Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
  7. 1 Corinthians 7:40
    But she is happier if she so abide, after my judgment: and I think also that I have the Spirit of God.
  8. 1 Corinthians 12:3
    Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
  9. Ephesians 4:30
    And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
  10. 1 John 4:2
    Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

• Love
Reactions: jeffweeder

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
    But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
    Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.
    For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
    But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
    Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
    But she is happier if she so abide, after my judgment: and I think also that I have the Spirit of God.
    Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
    And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
    Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
That is worth repeating.

Without the power of the Lords resurrection, we are deaf, dumb and blind, and without any hope whatsoever.

• Love
Reactions: covenantee

Gilligan

Oct 30, 2021
Spring
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I do. I just don't have the same understanding of what that means as you do. It's figurative language describing how He will destroy His enemies. It comes from this passage:
I don't read the Symbol Man's Bible.

All your spirit-only 'ruling' is just a vain attempt to ensure you will also be ruling after the resurrection of the dead.

Since you're already spirit-ruling in heaven, well then, you'll just have to be resurrected ruling in heaven too, now won't you?

How your physical feet still walk on planet earth notwithstanding.

Psalm 2:7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. 8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. 9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

As you can see here, it is "the heathen" that He will rule/break with a rod of iron while dashing them in pieces like a potter's vessel. He will not rule over His enemies the way you think He will.
You still don't want to acknowledge the teaching nor the prophecy. You twist the words of others as on purpose as you do Scripture.

He doesn't rule over His enemies, but destroys them. he rules over them that were not seeking to make war with Him.

Amils believe that Christ is reigning now and that His followers reign with Him,
Yeah, I heard. You believe. The Celts believed in airy fairy sprites. But I haven't seen any of them, nor your reigning. I've heard a whole lot of airy talk about it.

If you're ruling on earth now, why don't you get rid of a few evil doers. I got one. When a girl is being kidnapped for the sex slave trade, why don't you intervene for her.

Not only is this fairy-sprite spirit-rule a delusional farce, but it's a mockery of the Lord and His saints true ruling of nations on earth, after the first resurrection.

No one will rule unjustly, and no girl will be kidnapped into a sex trade. Nor will there be a sex trade anymore.

You people mock Jesus' Millennium, as being so much evil-doers running around free, and yet what have we got on earth now under your so-called spirit-reign??

The only real ruling you have, is with the mouth.

including those who are in heaven now. You make up terms like "pseudo-mil" that don't apply to anyone. Everyone else is fine with labels like Premil and Amil and knows that they mean, but for whatever reason you have to make up your own labels that no one else uses, which is very strange.

Because it's what you are. Amils don't believe in any Millennium of Christ and His saints on earth, whether physical or spiritual.

Only pseudo-mils make up their own bogus reigning, in order to tell themselves they will forever.
Nonsense. The first resurrection is Christ's resurrection in particular (1 Cor 15:20, Acts 26:23) and that was very real.
True.

And us spiritually having part in His resurrection when we are spiritually saved is also very real.
Whatever. Your spirit-reign is as real is faith with works. Dead in the air.

There is no rule without ruling, nor faith without works, no righteousness without doing righteousness.

New Age spirit-divines reign along with pseudo-mils.

Gilligan

Oct 30, 2021
Spring
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your current resurrection to rule over nations is.

God's word doesn't conform to your silly imagination.
Nothing there about resurrected to rule over nations.

Not even a phantom bit of one.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your current resurrection to rule over nations is.

God's word doesn't conform to your silly imagination.

Nothing there about resurrected to rule over nations.

Not even a phantom bit of one.
Thanks for confirming your inability to recognize the Spirit of God.