There Remains No Sacrifice For Sins

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well they call it cult like. I am a student of greek and hebrew and I don't hold a cult like mentality or feel superior to those who opt not to look at the original languages.
I never could get anywhere with Hebrew! But I LOVE Koine Greek. There is no superiority. God can teach us however He wishes. Many just look at one translation, and have a deep knowledge of God, and relationship with Him.

What I find is that the more study shows the same truths. Perhaps in greater detail, mostly, I see how it all is so beautifully harmonized.

Much love!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God instituted the law for a reason...and every moral tenet found therein has benefit for those who will obey. There is a blessing in keeping the law; even in the New Testament (James 1:25).

The law should be written on your heart and in your mind if you are a recipient of the New Covenant (Hebrews 8:8-10; Hebrews 10:16, Romans 8:7, Romans 8:4, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6, Romans 13:8-10, Galatians 5:14; Romans 5:5).

The specific commandments in the law are the specifics of the love of God. If you disobey a moral tenet, you are not living out the love of the Lord in that instance.

Thus, by the law is the knowledge of sin (Romans 3:20). Sin is the transgression of the law (1 John 3:4).

We are told not to sin in holy scripture; even in the New Testament (1 Corinthians 15:34, Ephesians 4:26).

If you are talking the ten commandments as a means of being righteous- you are dead dead wrong! The Sabbath is no longer of the ten and Paul wriote that the law written in stone ministers death!

He also wrote that the Mosaic law:

Romans 8:2:
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Well here is the New covenant as God declared it:

Jeremiah 31:31-34
King James Version

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Now who do you think is gods intenended recipients of the New Covenant is.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never could get anywhere with Hebrew! But I LOVE Koine Greek. There is no superiority. God can teach us however He wishes. Many just look at one translation, and have a deep knowledge of God, and relationship with Him.

What I find is that the more study shows the same truths. Perhaps in greater detail, mostly, I see how it all is so beautifully harmonized.

Much love!

I have been a follower of Jesus for 47 1/2 years now. I have studied and read the NT over 200 times and the whole OT at least 8 times (some parts several dozen times)

I go to the original languages simply at times to remind me of how it was written and that the English (my fav is KJV) while many are excellent still loack the nuances found in the originals which bring a differing meaning than simple tranlsations can. The best English translation of the bible are:

Keil and Delitzcsh 10 volume Hebrew Old Testament

Kittels 10 volume Greek New Testament.

Reactions: marks

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are talking the ten commandments as a means of being righteous- you are dead dead wrong!

No; our means of being made righteous is faith in Jesus Christ, from beginning to end (Romans 5:19, Romans 1:17).

We receive the Spirit by faith (Galatians 3:14).

And because we have the Spirit, we bear the fruit of the Spirit; against which there is no law (Galatians 5:22-23). In other words, we become law-abiding citizens of the kingdom because we bear the fruit of the Spirit. Because there is no law that we will violate if we abide in the virtues of the Holy Spirit; there is no law that will condemn us for our behaviour.

This is a righteousness apart from the law that is nevertheless attested to by the law and the prophets that it is righteousness indeed (Romans 3:21).

We obtain it, not by attempting to obey a set of do's and don'ts; but when we obtain the Spirit by faith (Galatians 3:14) we obtain the power to walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit; and when we do that, the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in us (Romans 8:4).

Also, it should be clear that Romans 2:13 declares to us that it is the doers of the law who will be justified on their day of judgment.

If you haven't been following my posts, you will very likely bend that all out of proportion; but I do not feel like exerting the effort to explain what I mean by that in the present moment.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, it should be clear that Romans 2:13 declares to us that it is the doers of the law who will be justified on their day of judgment.
That's IF you were a "doer of the Law". No one is. Everyone has already violated God's commandment. All have sinned and fallen short.

You can't undo your disobedience, and somehow have life out of your death.

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's IF you were a "doer of the Law". No one is. Everyone has already violated God's commandment. All have sinned and fallen short.

You can't undo your disobedience, and somehow have life out of your death.

Much love!
Actually, the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in those who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit (Romans 8:4).

All have sinned and "come short" of the glory of God.

What is in quotes there, above, is a Greek verb that is in the present passive indicative.

It indicates that we come short of God's glory in the present tense when we are passive (not active) as concerning the pursuit of God and holiness.

For those who are pursuing, God has said that they have been perfected for ever (Hebrews 10:14 (kjv)).

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in those who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit (Romans 8:4).

All have sinned and "come short" of the glory of God.

What is in quotes there, above, is a Greek verb that is in the present passive indicative.

It indicates that we come short of God's glory in the present tense when we are passive (not active) as concerning the pursuit of God and holiness.

For those who are pursuing, God has said that they have been perfected for ever (Hebrews 10:14 (kjv)).

The point is . . . you are already disqualified from being justified by the keeping of the Law because you, like everyone, has already broken it.

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is . . . you are already disqualified from being justified by the keeping of the Law because you, like everyone, has already broken it.

Much love!
Nevertheless the doers of the law shall be justified; which applies not to the whole life of the one justified but to a change of behaviour that is instituted in the man who becomes born again.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No; our means of being made righteous is faith in Jesus Christ, from beginning to end (Romans 5:19, Romans 1:17).

We receive the Spirit by faith (Galatians 3:14).

And because we have the Spirit, we bear the fruit of the Spirit; against which there is no law (Galatians 5:22-23). In other words, we become law-abiding citizens of the kingdom because we bear the fruit of the Spirit. Because there is no law that we will violate if we abide in the virtues of the Holy Spirit; there is no law that will condemn us for our behaviour.

This is a righteousness apart from the law that is nevertheless attested to by the law and the prophets that it is righteousness indeed (Romans 3:21).

We obtain it, not by attempting to obey a set of do's and don'ts; but when we obtain the Spirit by faith (Galatians 3:14) we obtain the power to walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit; and when we do that, the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in us (Romans 8:4).

If you haven't been following my posts, you will very likely bend that all out of proportion; but I do not feel like exerting the effort to explain what I mean by that in the present moment.

Well I agreed with you for most of this 100% But the fact you say we have to always have faith from beginning ot the end, knowing your belief system bothers me tremendously. Because you believe a person can lose their salvation and have to be born again-Again, your start to finish imples the following:

1. One is truly not saved in this life. If they can lose faith and lose salvation, they were not saved biblically to begin with.
2. How many times can one lose their salvation and get it back again. IOW Does this imply, that if a person has a problem with faith and loses faith periodically, they must be bortn again, and again, and again, and again and again?
3. You err because you fail to look at teh original language.
4. Placingt saving trust in Jesus is a once for all act. Once that once for all act takes places, I do not have to "obtain" righteousness through the action of faith, I have 100% righteousness, because as the Scriptures say- Jesus became my righteousness.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the fact you say we have to always have faith from beginning to <fify> the end, knowing your belief system bothers me tremendously.
Nevertheless salvation (having the righteousness of the Lord) is by faith from beginning to end and all the way through (Romans 1:17, Galatians 3:1-3, Colossians 2:6).

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nevertheless the doers of the law shall be justified; which applies not to the whole life of the one justified but to a change of behaviour that is instituted in the man who becomes born again.

Not so.

Romans 2:11-13 KJV
11) For there is no respect of persons with God.
12) For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
13) (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

As many as have sinned in the Law shall be judged by the Law.

The doers of the law shall be justified.

OR does it say, those who do part of the law shall be justifed, or, those who do the Law part of the shall be justified.

No, it says, those who do it. You are inserting an exception. The Law only condemns us, because all are lawbreakers.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have 100% righteousness, because as the Scriptures say- Jesus became my righteousness.

Amen!!

1 Corinthians 1:29-31 KJV
29) That no flesh should glory in his presence.
30) But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
31) That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Much love!

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not so.

Romans 2:11-13 KJV
11) For there is no respect of persons with God.
12) For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
13) (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

As many as have sinned in the Law shall be judged by the Law.

The doers of the law shall be justified.

OR does it say, those who do part of the law shall be justifed, or, those who do the Law part of the shall be justified.

No, it says, those who do it. You are inserting an exception. The Law only condemns us, because all are lawbreakers.

Much love!

If you are born again then you are currently a doer of the law. And you have also been forgiven of your past doings which were not in accordance with the law.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nevertheless salvation (having the righteousness of the Lord) is by faith from beginning to end and all the way through (Romans 1:17, Galatians 3:1-3, Colossians 2:6).

And that faith is the faith of Jesus!

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

It is His faith that saves not ours!

I also know this, He has started a good work in me:

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Hebrews 12:2
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

You are too myopic by bad doctrine.

Jesus began my faith and He will see it through
He autrhored my faith and He will see me to the finish line!
Romans 8:

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!!

30) But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
31) That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Much love!
Amen...sanctification.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!!

Much love!

Amen and Amen.

When I stand before my Father in heaven and He bellows why should He dare allow me into His Kingdom- I will point to Jesus and say because He paid the price for me to enter! I bring nothing but Jesus.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that faith is the faith of Jesus!

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

It is His faith that saves not ours!

I also know this, He has started a good work in me:

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Hebrews 12:2
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

You are too myopic by bad doctrine.

Jesus began my faith and He will see it through
He autrhored my faith and He will see me to the finish line!
Romans 8:

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

It is a faith that is instilled in us; and thus it becomes ours.

It is a gift to us (Ephesians 2:8).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen and Amen.

When I stand before my Father in heaven and He bellows why should He dare allow me into His Kingdom- I will point to Jesus and say because He paid the price for me to enter! I bring nothing but Jesus.
And Jesus might say to you, "If you received that justification by that price that was paid (my shed blood), why were you not also sanctified by it (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleansed by it (1 John 1:7)"?

Mat 7:21, Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice I am not making any judgments about your conduct.

For I said that He "might" say it to you.