There Remains No Sacrifice For Sins

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Jesus might say to you, "If you received that justification by that price that was paid (my shed blood), why were you not also sanctified by it (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleansed by it (1 John 1:7)"?

Mat 7:21, Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

But all believers are being sanctified! That is His promise.

Being saved is once for all time.
Being redeemed is once for all time
Being justified is once for all time
Being sanctified is the life long process of learning to live in the new man!

Enjoy your Savior instead of being concerned He might get pissed at you because you looked upon a woman with lust in your heart and thus committed adul;tery!

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen and Amen.

When I stand before my Father in heaven and He bellows why should He dare allow me into His Kingdom- I will point to Jesus and say because He paid the price for me to enter! I bring nothing but Jesus.
Just so! Although, in reality, we'll be coming home to Dad.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enjoy your Savior instead of being concerned He might
That's just the thing!

For myself, I never learned the real, inside, bubbling up joy, until I learn this reality. We are reconciled to God. No a little, not a lot. Not for a while, Completely and forever.

The truth is, Happy is he to whom God does not impute sin!

Much love!

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still HIs according to His Word- we just are allowed to have it in us!
This reminds me of that place in Peter,

1 Peter 1:3-5 KJV
3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4) To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5) Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Why, I think this needs a new thread.

Much love!

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you offering your temple sacrifices?

IF not, then you are NOT keeping the Law.

Much love!

We are not any longer bound by the letter but are obedient to the spirit of what is written (Romans 7:6, Romans 8:4).

Temple sacrifices are fulfilled in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the Cross.

However, I am happy with our dialogue.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There Remains No Sacrifice For Sins
OP ^

EXACTLY!

Heb 1
[2] Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Luke 19:
[9] ...is salvation come ...

2 Pet 3:
[15] ...our Lord is salvation...

Every mans OPTION...Trust, Belief, and Take the Lords Offering ... or Reject the Lords Offering. Period.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This reminds me of that place in Peter,

1 Peter 1:3-5 KJV
3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4) To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5) Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Why, I think this needs a new thread.

Much love!

When people learn this reality, they are set free from the fear of losing their salvation.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How much better to know that you "are sanctified" (1 Corinthians 6:11, Hebrews 10:10, Hebrews 10:14 (kjv)).

Well here is the truth you do not realize yet.

God has declared us perfectly holy, now He is fulfilling His promise to HImself and making us what He has declared us to be - perfectly holy!

these two realities are what are known as positional truth (already perfectly holy) and experiential truth (becoming perfectly holy)

If Jesus has started a good work in you then rest inthis promise:

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Jesus is not an indian giver

True; and yet He gives the gift on the basis of our (continued) faith.

We have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand (Romans 5:1-2).

Consider it like this. Jesus gives us the key to a mansion as a gift; and through that key we have access to the mansion. If we lose or throw away the key, we will no longer have access to the mansion.

Thus, if we lose or throw away our faith, we no longer have access to grace.

And since we are saved by grace, in losing access to grace we would not have salvation any more.

And I understand that all of this may in fact be hypothetical.

Nevertheless it is written in holy scripture (Luke 8:12-13) that it is possible for someone to "believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away." and that when they believed, they were saved (v.12).

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well here is the truth you do not realize yet.

I have realized the truth that you have spoken of for quite some time.

In fact, I have taught it from the scripture (Romans 4:5).

This is the reality of Romans 4:5.

We have an identity in Christ that we are the righteousness of the Lord in Him (2 Corinthians 5:21); even if or when we blow it. Our unshakable identity is that we are righteous through faith in Jesus.

Now that you have this identity, go and live like your new identity (1 John 3:7, Romans 5:19, Matthew 5:6), is the exhortation.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If there were true, any Christian who commits a sin becomes forever excluded from salvation.

Meditate on that a bit. If this passage is saying what you say it means, that's it. One sin which you choose to commit, and you are done with God. All that remains is for Him to cast you into the lake of fire.

Or it means that there remains no sacrifice for sin that you can still offer. That system is over. Those sacrifices didn't remove sin. They can only remind you that sins remain. But that's been ended.

Jesus' sacrifice for sin put an end to all the others. His offering - Here's an important part to notice - His offering, which has already been offered, removed sin.

There remains no sacrifice for sin because . . . animal sacrifices were ended, and Jesus' sacrifice has already been completed.

The word there, "remains", refers to what's been left behind, what remains. And there remains no sacrifice which you might offer for sin.

Jesus sacrifice put an end to any other sacrifice, so there's nothing left.

However . . . Jesus' sacrifice, well, in the words of Scripture,

10) By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Hebrews 7:27 - Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

Hebrews 9:12 - Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Much love!
John 6:68
"Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life."

Could "no other sacrifice" also mean that Christ IS the only place to go for redemption, even IF we sinned willfully?
giphy.gif

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 6:68
"Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life."

Could "no other sacrifice" also mean that Christ IS the only place to go for redemption, even IF we sinned willfully?

I think that's the main point. Jesus' offering of His body put an end to all other offerings for sin. It's Jesus or nothing!

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy