They'll know us by our love

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Redeemed86

Oct 14, 2011
Got up early today and a conversation I had sparked this topic. Have you, or someone you know, ever had someone come into your life who you just know had to be sent from God?

After about college age, we're good to find any real friends out there in this "me" age. I personally had a coworker who I would've never considered as a friend, only because I was judging on appearance. After a couple conversations, we clicked almost instantly. Fast-forward a few years later and we have become best friends.

Looking back, I remembered we had both not only started on the same day, but were put in the same training room together. After adding him on Facebook around the beginning of our friendship, I saw that he was Christian and an active one. This was on the heels of me ending a friendship that was definitely pulling me away from God. It didn't hit me until about a year ago that this was God's work.

This is my personal opinion, but I would almost swear there is "something" about another Christian that is detectable even before they tell you their beliefs. An inherent friendliness that can only be attributed to God's love. This has happened twice where I was drawn to someone and then came to find out that they were Christian.

Anyone have someone like this that seemed to come out of nowhere at just the right time?

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Yes indeed, I have this happen on a regular basis and I believe that just as the scriptures say "The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God," (Rom.8:16) in the same manner HolySpirit let us know of a brother of sister.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Got up early today and a conversation I had sparked this topic. Have you, or someone you know, ever had someone come into your life who you just know had to be sent from God?

After about college age, we're good to find any real friends out there in this "me" age. I personally had a coworker who I would've never considered as a friend, only because I was judging on appearance. After a couple conversations, we clicked almost instantly. Fast-forward a few years later and we have become best friends.

Looking back, I remembered we had both not only started on the same day, but were put in the same training room together. After adding him on Facebook around the beginning of our friendship, I saw that he was Christian and an active one. This was on the heels of me ending a friendship that was definitely pulling me away from God. It didn't hit me until about a year ago that this was God's work.

This is my personal opinion, but I would almost swear there is "something" about another Christian that is detectable even before they tell you their beliefs. An inherent friendliness that can only be attributed to God's love. This has happened twice where I was drawn to someone and then came to find out that they were Christian.

Anyone have someone like this that seemed to come out of nowhere at just the right time?

Thanks for this thread! It is cool when we recognize God's fingerprints in our lives - the really cool part is realizing that God plays a role in every part of our lives. I think he set everything up to teach us how to love in all different kinds of situations.