Things To Do While In Lock down

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Schools around the country of NZ are shutting down for a whole month or more so families with kids at home are trying to find things to do.

One idea was to place teddy bears in windows of houses around my town. This enables passersby with children to "find the TeddyBears" it's a great idea but they will probably be restricted from driving after Wednesday where only essential services will be the only ones traveling, accept if you are going to the supermarket.

Any Ideas for families with children who are in lockdown? [self-isolation]

Well if you got plenty of cash to spare, buy a block of land with a creek or river frontage, fish all you want with no one bothering you. ;)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Well if you got plenty of cash to spare, buy a block of land with a creek or river frontage, fish all you want with no one bothering you. ;)

Hmmm.... don't think we could do that right now. We are all in lockdown except for central services....I don't think that real estates would be considered a "essential service" but the idea sound like bliss....

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We are blessed with long gardens front and back so when the weather is nice we can at least sit outside for a change of scenery and watch the birds on the feeder. Our road is usually quite busy as there are schools at either side at the top end but it's weird how quiet it is now, just the odd car or pedestrian no doubt off to get some essential shopping, which is about all we're allowed out for.

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-30_14-15-27.png
    upload_2020-3-30_14-15-27.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 0

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Oh that looks lovely pearl. It looks like an awesome place to spend time in. I have dragged out my exercise machines into the lounge and turned it into a gym. Lol! Also decided to create a family prayer group so that we could prayer together on face time on a regular basis. I will be starting a daily routine of house and garden work, exercise, bible study and set some time to watch a doco or something useful at this time. I only go to the supermarket if I really have to buy some essentials....:)

Reactions: rockytopva

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh that looks lovely pearl. It looks like an awesome place to spend time in. I have dragged out my exercise machines into the lounge and turned it into a gym. Lol! Also decided to create a family prayer group so that we could prayer together on face time on a regular basis. I will be starting a daily routine of house and garden work, exercise, bible study and set some time to watch a doco or something useful at this time. I only go to the supermarket if I really have to buy some essentials....:)

You sound very organised Angelina. I am not and never have been but I can organise a house move. I am spending less time reading and more on my lap top as I try to read slowly so I won't run out of books. I am also watching more TV. No daytime TV though. My usual habit is to read most evenings but now I record films that are on in the afternoon and watch one or two but only after 7pm.

That pic was taken last summer when everything was green to show Nancy and Helen. We were swapping pics of where we live. This one is my back garden.
upload_2020-3-30_17-34-51.png

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I thought I could learn Mandarin and perhaps Hebrew. IDK I have kinda started but it can be difficult to make it fun to learn [cos I can get bored easily] lol!

Yikes, Hebrew is tough but, would LOVE to learn it.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You sound very organised Angelina. I am not and never have been but I can organise a house move. I am spending less time reading and more on my lap top as I try to read slowly so I won't run out of books. I am also watching more TV. No daytime TV though. My usual habit is to read most evenings but now I record films that are on in the afternoon and watch one or two but only after 7pm.

That pic was taken last summer when everything was green to show Nancy and Helen. We were swapping pics of where we live. This one is my back garden.
View attachment 8937

Beautiful Pat, I could live in your garden! :)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

View attachment 8937

Woah! my backyard looks terrible. I will be getting into it this week. I have a wilderness and fighting with some noxious weeds like wandering jew, ivy and some sort acacia tree which pops up everywhere. I have to get rid of every shoot of that tree because it becomes a huge tree in a matter of months and then it cost for an arborist to come cut it down.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hmmm.... don't think we could do that right now. We are all in lockdown except for central services....I don't think that real estates would be considered a "essential service" but the idea sound like bliss....

I think real estate agents in Aus are still open with tough restrictions.

But on the other hand Lock down laws I get it, fine if there's no going to jetty, or going out of your local area, which is a must to avoid a great number of tourists and day trippers, but what about people that live in the bush? I just wonder if lock down laws should apply to them, not being allowed to go down to the creek? Or some secret fishing spot. Especially for countries like Australia that have a pretty low population density outside of the cities.

I also would think that their must be some exceptions for people that still live traditionally and gather their food of the land by hunting and fishing.

After all lock down laws does assume everyone can afford to buy groceries.

Anyway strange times.

I would be interested to hear if any other countries have different restrictions regarding those matters?

Oh well, going to work is still allowed in Australia. (Depending on what it is)

Reactions: Nancy

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Angelina, I have always wanted to learn different languages but, if I have no body to speak with in the language, it will just be forgotten so...I scrapped the idea. One of those "if ya don't use it, ya loose it" kind of things.

Hmmm type in Duolingo, that has a heap of different languages you can learn, and it's free, but staying motivated can be tricky, I have tried and I have never stuck to it. I do Believe we have a French member on these forums ;)

Reactions: Nancy

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Workout, on Internet, Spending time with Parents

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Workout, on Internet, Spending time with Parents
I wish my kids could spend time with me, but they're not allowed. Board games like chess - good time to learn- card games, crosswords, phoning or texting cleaning, cooking, baking, gardening. The list is endless if you use your imagination.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hmmm type in Duolingo, that has a heap of different languages you can learn, and it's free, but staying motivated can be tricky, I have tried and I have never stuck to it. I do Believe we have a French member on these forums ;)

Oh thanks Josho. Just started my journey in learning a new language, Mandarin. It's a bit challenging cos it's hard to remember the characters but I've got plenty of time! :););)

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I wish my kids could spend time with me, but they're not allowed. Board games like chess - good time to learn- card games, crosswords, phoning or texting cleaning, cooking, baking, gardening. The list is endless if you use your imagination.

Board games would be kinda fun Pearl. My Dad use to play this strange game with cards and sticks placed in a wooden block. I think it was called cribbage, odd o_O I love to play 5 crowns. It's one of my fave card games.....

Reactions: amadeus