"This Generation" declared by Jesus.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you Scott? We believe that Jesus and his angels have ousted satan from heaven, and now he roams the earth Rev 12:7-9, 12 do you sir? We believe he is roaming the earth at this time period which are called the last days that will not exceed a generation. This last day period is the time from Jesus becoming King, until his return to do the battle of armageddon that will remove him and his horde from the earth for 1k yrs Rev 20:1,2. After the thousand yrs have ended, he will be let loose to roam the earth once again v7 and take quite a few followers with him v8, then the final step is his and his followers demise in the lake of fire v10, 14, 15

It is not hard to understand Scott, but I would be interested if you disagree, your take on it.
These things are all misunderstood. You (as many have done) are incorrectly defining "a thousand years" and then, because they are told separately, you are separating what is not separate regarding them, but are actually together.

I will explain:
  • The thousand years is Spirit-speak or time-bound children-speak for: In the fullness of time.
  • The thousand year reign of Christ is the same thousand year period as Satan being bound and also the time he is let loose to roam the earth once again--except it is not a thousand years, it is In the fullness of time--meaning, as long as it takes.
So, yes, Satan was ousted from heaven (when Jesus saw him fall) way back then.

As for these times, the fullness of which include Christ's reign(1000), Satan being bound(1000), and also let loose(1000): Christ's reign (again) began way back then, wherein Satan has been bound by the victory of Christ on the cross (which is "finished" in full), except he has been loosed to roam the earth until the times of the gentiles are fulfilled, and only that. Then comes the end.​

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said, "However, much of that still points to the common expectation which Jesus said would not be when He comes. Matthew 24:44" What does that sentence mean? Where is anything about "common expectation" mentioned anywhere?

How am I making a mistake? Jesus said, "the generation that sees all these things that I have been describing is the last generation."
Here:

Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. Matthew 24:44

It means that it is most common to error about when the coming of the Son of Man actually is. You see, you have millions and millions who would agree...because that is what most expect--but it does not change what is actually true. On the contrary, it identifies it as what Jesus said that would be error.
What is the "error of the abomination of desolation?"
Again, this is an error of not seeing what was happening at the time (when you least expect), and therefore looking to the future. This is exactly the same mistake of not believing that "this generation" was that very generation of which He was addressing at the time--that wicked generation.

The Jews made the mistake of not knowing the times, and so have the gentiles including the church.

The abomination foretold by Daniel, sighted by Jesus, was His own countrymen (Israel) standing in the temple calling for the crucifixion of the Lamb of God, and His body being turned over to the gentiles (the church) to be trampled, wherein are many falsely claim they are Him (God). It is also the time of great tribulation--which no event in the history of the world can be greater than it all being put upon Christ...which it was.

The point is--there can be no greater abomination or tribulation than that suffered by Christ.

And if we, the church, in these times of the gentiles cannot see it as such...we believe a lie, and suffer the strong delusion which is now a reality in our times.

I tell you the truth.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to all from beginning to end in the timeless terms of God and the kingdom, saying "this evil generation"...spoke of every generation as one, for all are evil, all under the same judgement.

Like “this generation” spoke of every generation as one, for all are evil, all under the same judgment.”
You’ve quoted several times “there is nothing new under the sun” …considering they are as one, for all are evil, all under the same judgment” your points make me think of
Romans 3:10-23 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: [11] There is none that understands, there is none that seeks after God. [12] They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; (what you said concerning every generation being as one)there is none that does good, no, not one. [13] Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips: [14] Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness: [15] Their feet are swift to shed blood: [16] Destruction and misery are in their ways: [17] And the way of peace have they not known: [18] There is no fear of God before their eyes. [19] Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law …(any connection to: there is nothing new under the sun?) …that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. [20] Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. [21] But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; [22] Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: [23] For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Reactions: amadeus and ScottA

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The abomination foretold by Daniel, sighted by Jesus, was His own countrymen (Israel) standing in the temple calling for the crucifixion of the Lamb of God, and His body being turned over to the gentiles (the church) to be trampled, wherein are many falsely claim they are Him (God). It is also the time of great tribulation--which no event in the history of the world can be greater than it all being put upon Christ...which it was.

No. The first abomination of desolation was the defiling of the altar by Antiochus Epiphanes. After erecting a statue of Zeus in the Temple, he sacrificed a pig on the altar. It's the whole reason for the Maccabean Revolt and the feast of Hanukah. It was an actual person erecting a god in the Temple, claiming to be the earthly manifestation of that god, and performing an abomination in the face of YHVH, not some guys planning to kill Jesus. Paul tells that the son of perdition will sit in the Temple, claiming to be a god. That is what AE did. It is a specific, concrete thing. It is not whatever anyone wants to imagine.

Jesus' body was not turned over to the Gentiles! Not one word in the Bible suggests that.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first abomination of desolation was the defiling of the altar by Antiochus Epiphanes.
No, you error. That is not greater--it is abominations against the actual Temple that is greater, not those against that temple of stone:

Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gold or the Temple that sanctifies the gold? Matthew 23:17

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
I see we have to take baby steps. So, just this. It is enough.

The generation of the fig tree is an equal error to that of "this generation" made and propagated by the early church--it is in fact, the same error.

You can even leave me out of it--just ask yourself:
  • Were Jesus' apostles of Israel?
  • Were Jesus' apostles not the first new life to bud from Christ?
  • What generation was that?
We can talk again when you can say: Yes, that generation of the apostles was the generation Jesus was speaking to and of.

Naw , I don't need baby steps ,been off the milk for a minute now ,and we don't have to talk I'm good ,stay where you at.

Had that generation meant the apostles time , we wouldn't be talking now anyway

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These things are all misunderstood. You (as many have done) are incorrectly defining "a thousand years" and then, because they are told separately, you are separating what is not separate regarding them, but are actually together.

I will explain:
  • The thousand years is Spirit-speak or time-bound children-speak for: In the fullness of time.
  • The thousand year reign of Christ is the same thousand year period as Satan being bound and also the time he is let loose to roam the earth once again--except it is not a thousand years, it is In the fullness of time--meaning, as long as it takes.

As for these times, the fullness of which include Christ's reign(1000), Satan being bound(1000), and also let loose(1000): Christ's reign (again) began way back then, wherein Satan has been bound by the victory of Christ on the cross (which is "finished" in full), except he has been loosed to roam the earth until the times of the gentiles are fulfilled, and only that. Then comes the end.​

Christ returned to heaven to set at God's right hand, until his enemies were put as his footstool sir. He did not receive the crown until the 7 times was over, and the signs he gave to his apostles confirm that from his receiving the crown to his return would not exceed a generation.

We believe it is a literal time period, but you are certainly correct many time periods are certainly not all that exacting in Scripture. Time alone will answer that sir, as both of us can only offer opinions at this time.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you error. That is not greater--it is abominations against the actual Temple that is greater, not those against that temple of stone:

Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gold or the Temple that sanctifies the gold? Matthew 23:17

“That is not greater--it is abominations against the actual Temple that is greater, not those against that temple of stone:”

Insightful @ScottA. I’m not sure how any could, or want to argue against the greater abomination is against the temple that growth up with Jesus Christ as the chief corner stone. For example the greater abomination being brother against brother, as in He who hates his brother in 1 John 2:9-11 He that says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness even until now. [10] He that loves his brother abides in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him. [11] But he that hates his brother is in darkness, and walks in darkness, and knows not where he goes, because that darkness has blinded his eyes.

1 John 3:15 Whosoever hates his brother is a murderer: and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

Arguing against the greater abomination being against Christ body which you are, that His body might fill all things…arguing God cares more about a structure than the abomination of where Christ told them “you seek to kill Me.” For me it is arguing against God’s patient, gentle, long-suffering ever enduring love for His body made without hands, saying His love is far greater for adorned structures made with mens hands. It is like shooting yourself in the foot to be right. Considering what you have shared reminds me of a husbands love for a wife…or His betrothed… a husband nurturing and care for His body that she may be perfected: God’s patient, gentle, long-suffering ever enduring love for His body made without hands, saying His love is far greater for adorned structures made with mens hands.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Had that generation meant the apostles time , we wouldn't be talking now anyway
You are missing the beauty of what Jesus said...

He in effect said, what you expect regarding when He comes--is wrong.

But, yes, that has left these many generations not knowing the truth until the times of the gentiles are fulfilled.

Last edited:

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm just astonished that you could believe it. It requires erasing history and Paul's own description of the event.

And citing Matthew 23:17 as a reason why one abomination is worse than another is hilarious.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ returned to heaven to set at God's right hand, until his enemies were put as his footstool sir. He did not receive the crown until the 7 times was over, and the signs he gave to his apostles confirm that from his receiving the crown to his return would not exceed a generation.

We believe it is a literal time period, but you are certainly correct many time periods are certainly not all that exacting in Scripture. Time alone will answer that sir, as both of us can only offer opinions at this time.
Opinions are for men. During these times the Spirit also speaks.

But I see we need to address the "crown" issue. Are you under the impression that the earth's harvest has not yet begun?

Then I looked, and behold, a white cloud, and on the cloud sat One like the Son of Man, having on His head a golden crown, and in His hand a sharp sickle. Revelation 14:14

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“That is not greater--it is abominations against the actual Temple that is greater, not those against that temple of stone:”

Insightful @ScottA. I’m not sure how any could, or want to argue against the greater abomination is against the temple that growth up with Jesus Christ as the chief corner stone. For example the greater abomination being brother against brother, as in He who hates his brother in 1 John 2:9-11 He that says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness even until now. [10] He that loves his brother abides in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him. [11] But he that hates his brother is in darkness, and walks in darkness, and knows not where he goes, because that darkness has blinded his eyes.

1 John 3:15 Whosoever hates his brother is a murderer: and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

Arguing against the greater abomination being against Christ body which you are, that His body might fill all things…arguing God cares more about a structure than the abomination of where Christ told them “you seek to kill Me.” For me it is arguing against God’s patient, gentle, long-suffering ever enduring love for His body made without hands, saying His love is far greater for adorned structures made with mens hands. It is like shooting yourself in the foot to be right. Considering what you have shared reminds me of a husbands love for a wife…or His betrothed… a husband nurturing and care for His body that she may be perfected: God’s patient, gentle, long-suffering ever enduring love for His body made without hands, saying His love is far greater for adorned structures made with mens hands.
Yes, it is impossible to say there is a greater abomination or tribulation than that which has come upon Christ, without speaking against Jesus.

As for His body, the Temple:

No one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church. Ephesians 5:29​

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
You are missing the beauty of what Jesus said...

He in effect said, what you expect regarding when He comes--is wrong.

But, yes, that has left these many generations not knowing the truth until the times of the gentiles are fulfilled.

He said He would come at a time you think not. Okay so when you realize that satan comes first pretending to be Christ ,you should see .

Oh ,what part is wrong regarding His return ? So my question to you is, when is His return?

Let's go from there

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Opinions are for men. During these times the Spirit also speaks.

But I see we need to address the "crown" issue. Are you under the impression that the earth's harvest has not yet begun?

Then I looked, and behold, a white cloud, and on the cloud sat One like the Son of Man, having on His head a golden crown, and in His hand a sharp sickle. Revelation 14:14

Yes sir, you have understood me correctly. The Wheat and the Weeds are still growing together. We believe the harvest will begin during the great tribulation and will culminate in the battle of Armageddon.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He said He would come at a time you think not. Okay so when you realize that satan comes first pretending to be Christ ,you should see .

Oh ,what part is wrong regarding His return ? So my question to you is, when is His return?

Let's go from there
Okay.
  • So...Jesus saw Satan fall from heaven. Luke 10:18 Check.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I will explain:

One thing that has stood out to me and possibly you can help with it is the “with the Lord”

2 Peter 3:7 Lexicon: But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

2 Peter 3:8 Lexicon: But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes sir, you have understood me correctly. The Wheat and the Weeds are still growing together. We believe the harvest will begin during the great tribulation and will culminate in the battle of Armageddon.
The fact that the wheat and tares are still growing together in these last days does not mean the harvest has not already begun:

Do you not say, ‘There are still four months and then comes the harvest’? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest! 36 And he who reaps receives wages, and gathers fruit for eternal life, that both he who sows and he who reaps may rejoice together. 37 For in this the saying is true: ‘One sows and another reaps.’ 38 I sent you to reap that for which you have not labored; others have labored, and you have entered into their labors.” John 4:35-38
This is what Paul explained as each coming "But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming." 1 Corinthians 15:23

He comes to each (to harvest) by knocking:

Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. Revelation 3:20

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter was just saying that God is timeless...that in spite of the times laid out before men in His story (history), the times do not apply the same to the things of God--which include all the things of salvation. Salvation is of God.

Reactions: amadeus