This is why Christians need to be in Politics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Yes, I should have said Jesus is ruling with His Father......though He is on His Father's throne. Of course it does not mean that Jesus or the Father is literally sitting on a literal throne.

What part of what I said you don't agree with? Because I did make a small correction to Prentis question.

Ok, I get it! Just checking :)

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
http://www.foxnews.c...test=latestnews

This is why Christians should be in politics..Praises and blessings to the Mayor of this small town...Fight on

From the link...

“The law is very clear on this,” Freedom From Religion Foundation co-president Dan Barker told Fox News Radio. “A secular city may not promote or hinder religion. We don’t have a problem with believers putting up crosses wherever they want, but this is a cross put up by the city on the city water tower.”[/left][/left]

Out of curiosity...Would you feel the same if a Muslim was the Mayor and placed an Islamic symbol on the city's water tower?

[/left]

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Probably would, why do you ask? It is about freedom of religion....not being bullied by people that do not believe anything, and want to control any religious freedom

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
Probably would, why do you ask? It is about freedom of religion....not being bullied by people that do not believe anything, and want to control any religious freedom

The problem is the City is a governmental entity and as such, should abide by the Constitution of The United States of America, by not "endorsing" any one particular religion.

Having said that...IMO...these people that seek these things out to complain about have way too much time on their hands.
ja2.gif
I seriously doubt anyone really gives a hoot whether or not there's a cross on a water tower. You would think with all the critical issues we face today their time and energy could be much better spent.

I converse with an Atheist, on another board, that sees the insanity in this, as well. Frequently, when this kind of stuff comes up, he calls it "rubbish".
smilie_girl_252.gif

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A

Are you that worried? Don't you believe that God is in control and that all things work for the best that love the Lord? God never promise that in this life things will always be peaceful and loving towards Christians. But Jesus did say, fear not, because He has overcome the world.

John 16:33 (ASV)
[sup]33 [/sup]These things have I spoken unto you, that in me ye may have peace. In the world ye have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Buzzfruit....Darling I do not worry about anything in this world...I have no fear either of any man...Why do I care about this world and what they are doing to Christians...because the Lord Jesus does not want any to perish...I love all people whether they are muslins, buddist, atheist or even those that believe that we come from aliens ....So I will stop wasting your time and my time with this subject and continue to rely on God to do what He does so well....Heal this world...

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Buzzfruit....Darling I do not worry about anything in this world...I have no fear either of any man...Why do I care about this world and what they are doing to Christians...because the Lord Jesus does not want any to perish...I love all people whether they are muslins, buddist, atheist or even those that believe that we come from aliens ....So I will stop wasting your time and my time with this subject and continue to rely on God to do what He does so well....Heal this world...

God sees and knows all these things and He is not worried.......He has a perfect plan for all people. Not everyone are called by God at the some time......we cannot convert anyone, only God can. Our job is to tell others about the kingdom of God, God will do the rest. Even Jesus did not want everyone who He spoke to to understand His message which is why He spoke in parables. The vast majority of human beings will be called after Jesus returns the Earth. The reason why most Christians do not know this is that they pick and chose what part of the Bible to read, and listen too much to what they hear in Church over what the scriptures say. They believe they are going to Heaven when Jesus returns but that is not true.

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
The Spirit is above the scriptures as it was the Spirit that the scriptures were inspired.
Only because it's only a book we can have problems comprehending but only in the Spirit can we comprehend.

Reactions: Prentis