This is why most believe that Jesus is a Man/Son and not God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's the least accurate translation and based on the least number of codices, not to mention its language is no longer relevant today. You would be better using the ESV or NET so you don't waste all that time trying to define words.

Who solicited you to dictate what Bible is a waste of time what Bible one should use or not? Or listen to you dictate your opinion of Scriptural usage?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who solicited you to dictate what Bible is a waste of time what Bible one should use or not? Or listen to you dictate your opinion of Scriptural usage?
Just an opinion that's all Taken...no different to suggesting the KJV is the only credible translation ;)

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Proved Isa 42:8 was in error for use IN WHAT?

Proving Isa 42:13 is in error for use IN WHAT?

Jabbering in circles, pointing your finger...is your proof of WHAT “mis-USE” of Scripture?

Isa 42:
[8] I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

Here is Isa 42;8...
Now what exactly is your so called mis-use of this scripture that you are all topsy-turvy carrying on about?

Keep up Taken, go back and read the thread...it's all there.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus says He IS God and even the pharisees knew that!!! And you??
That's what we have been discussing GISMYS. We would make more progress if those here ceased from misquoting the Bible. I am glad you just offered your opinion.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's what we have been discussing GISMYS. We would make more progress if those here ceased from misquoting the Bible. I am glad you just offered your opinion.

More deflection. GISMYS just asked you and you just wander off.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only mess you'll find is your use of Isaiah 42.

LOL. You still having a hissy fit over your lack of understanding?

The Word of God came from heaven to earth without His Power.
When the Word of God returned to Heaven, He said to His Father ...
Paraphrasing.....in juvenile words for your benefit.
Yoo hoo, Hey Dad, I’m coming home, ready to have my Power back.

Not rocket science!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I honestly can't understand why people refuse to accept Jesus is God. Nothing is impossible with God. He has three parts to him and we are made in his image with three parts to us. My mind is not my body. My body is not my spirit. and my spirit is not my mind or my body BUT they are all me. ie The Mind/brain - the control centre which tells my body what to do. My spirit - my essence, who I am. My physical body which can move and feel.

Amen.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
LOL. You still having a hissy fit over your lack of understanding?

The Word of God came from heaven to earth without His Power.
When the Word of God returned to Heaven, He said to His Father ...
Paraphrasing.....in juvenile words for your benefit.
Yoo hoo, Hey Dad, I’m coming home, ready to have my Power back.

Not rocket science!

C'on Taken, you know you were caught out and its not the first time. Man up and accept your use of Isaiah 42 was poor form. We can move on to greener pastures ;) Or, go back to #315 and fix your post...wow was it that long ago?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
C'on Taken, you know you were caught out and its not the first time. Man up and accept your use of Isaiah 42 was poor form. We can move on to greener pastures ;)

No clue what you are blabbing about.
Post after post accusing, accusing, accusing....of some weird thing floating around in your gray matter.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No clue what you are blabbing about.
Post after post accusing, accusing, accusing....of some weird thing floating around in your gray matter.
Do you have anything of substance to offer Taken? Any verses you would like to misquote? This slippery slope started with you misquoting Isaiah 42:8 and its been down hill ever since. Grace took on Isaiah 42:13 and learned that that wasn't teaching her what she thought it did, and Johann, well he was the approving witness to this train wreck defense of the Trinity, and now you have lowered yourself to "No clue what you are blabbing about". It's more of the same poor form Taken. Man up and admit you misquoted Isaiah 42:8 not realising the true context of the Scripture.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This slippery slope started with you misquoting Isaiah 42:8 ....

LIE.

Isaiah 42:
[8] I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

Nothing new, quoted it before.

Here is is again:

Isaiah 42:

And AGAIN:

Isaiah 42:

Weirdo.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jews/Muslim

J.

What an utterly stupid and lying video. And I feel sorry for the Christian brother who failed miserably also in defending Jesus Christ's place as God The Son in the Godhead. Videos like that are for the GULLIBLE that will not open up their Bible and heed the Scriptures as written.

Rev 1:10-18
10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, 'What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.'

12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;

13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

14 His head and His hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and His eyes were as a flame of fire;

15 And His feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and His voice as the sound of many waters.

16 And He had in His right hand seven stars: and out of His mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and His countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

17 And when I saw Him, I fell at his feet as dead. And He laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, "Fear not; I am the first and the last:

18 I am He That liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

KJV

Did The Father live and "was dead", and then made "alive for evermore"? No, that only applies to Lord Jesus Christ Who died on the cross and was raised from the dead by The Father.

Believe Him then, when He said, "I am the first and the last", which is what Alpha and Omega means (first and last letters of Greek alphabet).

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The unbelieving Jews and Muslims here will love this one...

Jesus was speaking with the blind Jewish Pharisees who rejected Him as The Christ...

John 8:54-59
54 Jesus answered, "If I honour Myself, My honour is nothing: it is My Father That honoureth Me; of Whom ye say, that He is your God:

55 Yet ye have not known Him; but I know Him: and if I should say, I know Him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know Him, and keep His saying.

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day: and he saw it, and was glad."

57 Then said the Jews unto him, "Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast Thou seen Abraham?"

58 Jesus said unto them, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am."

59 Then took they up stones to cast at Him: but Jesus hid Himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.
KJV

That is a DIRECT STATEMENT by Lord Jesus claiming to be THE I AM, one of God's sacred names revealed to Moses per The Old Testament (Exodus 3:14).