This is why most believe that Jesus is a Man/Son and not God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And just in case one doesn't know Who that Revelation 1 Title of "Alpha and Omega, the first and the last" that Jesus claimed of Himself is referring to, it comes from GOD's Own Mouth through His Old Testament prophets...

Isa 44:6
6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and His redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside Me there is no God.

KJV

Not only is GOD The Father speaking that above, but so is GOD The Son also!

Isa 48:12
12 Hearken unto Me, O Jacob and Israel, My called; I am He; I am the first, I also am the last.

KJV

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The unbelieving Jews and Muslims here will love this one...

Jesus was speaking with the blind Jewish Pharisees who rejected Him as The Christ...

John 8:54-59
54 Jesus answered, "If I honour Myself, My honour is nothing: it is My Father That honoureth Me; of Whom ye say, that He is your God:

55 Yet ye have not known Him; but I know Him: and if I should say, I know Him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know Him, and keep His saying.

56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day: and he saw it, and was glad."

57 Then said the Jews unto him, "Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast Thou seen Abraham?"

58 Jesus said unto them, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am."

59 Then took they up stones to cast at Him: but Jesus hid Himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.
KJV

That is a DIRECT STATEMENT by Lord Jesus claiming to be THE I AM, one of God's sacred names revealed to Moses per The Old Testament (Exodus 3:14).
Why don't you say it? Jesus is the Ehyeh aSher Ehyeh.
J.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
What an utterly stupid and lying video. And I feel sorry for the Christian brother who failed miserably also in defending Jesus Christ's place as God The Son in the Godhead. Videos like that are for the GULLIBLE that will not open up their Bible and heed the Scriptures as written.

Rev 1:10-18
10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, 'What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.'

12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;

13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

14 His head and His hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and His eyes were as a flame of fire;

15 And His feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and His voice as the sound of many waters.

16 And He had in His right hand seven stars: and out of His mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and His countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

17 And when I saw Him, I fell at his feet as dead. And He laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, "Fear not; I am the first and the last:

18 I am He That liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

KJV

Did The Father live and "was dead", and then made "alive for evermore"? No, that only applies to Lord Jesus Christ Who died on the cross and was raised from the dead by The Father.

Believe Him then, when He said, "I am the first and the last", which is what Alpha and Omega means (first and last letters of Greek alphabet).
The Aleph and the Tav...
J.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't you say it? Jesus is the Ehyeh aSher Ehyeh.
J.

Yep! He is. And in that video that Christian fellow they interviewed might have said it too, but they edited it, like they probably did with other points in Scripture he may have presented. So the LIARS are pretty obvious in these latter days.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yep! He is. And in that video that Christian fellow they interviewed might have said it too, but they edited it, like they probably did with other points in Scripture he may have presented. So the LIARS are pretty obvious in these latter days.
Yup, liars.
J.

XFire

May 14, 2022
San jose
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Davy Rev 1 -- again you take just a verse and use it for all things. Rev 1.1 states that Jesus gave the Revelations to John. I believe Alpha means the first. That lines up exactly where in Rev 3.14 Jesus himself states that he is the first creation of God.
So please do more research and not just listen to man

XFire

May 14, 2022
San jose
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow that took at least 10min on the web.

Have you read James 1.13 and contrasted that with Luke 4.1..13

James was the Saviors brother. And you just stated Jesus can't be tempted.

Again brother. Jesus became God as the heir. Just as will are heirs. Look at who the scriptures say you are.
As a puppy has always been a dog we are our Fathers children and grow up to be joint heirs

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus was ? as a Man on earth.
But when he went to Heaven he became the Christ to his followers, for it was then that the penny dropped.
Such people have Christ Jesus, for they are born again of the Holy Spirit.
Now what did Jesus say to Nathaniel ? What would he see ?
So when one is truly born again then you are Saved, because you are with Christ Jesus because you have the Holy Spirit. OSAS in that case, such a one can not be plucked out of his hand. you are his disciple.
We do not seek the second coming because we are Saved ! We have Christ Jesus with us, once he comes he does not leave one.

The second coming is for unbelievers. The Hell Fire comes because of such people, they bring it on themselves. because they reject God in fact ! they are workers of what ?

Sure after the battle of the Hell Fire the Anti-Christ are exposed.
Remember what Jesus says of this world, he points it out ! it is full of deceptions and delusions ! You must come out from them ? The truly born again who have the Holy Spirit can understand the difference. we know the deceptions work delusion on the People, we can see that in they who took part in what they did to Jesus ! All unsaved people are the same as they who rejected Jesus in fact, they are under the power of this world in fact.
Such people are a pain, they are like cattle for they have no Grace in fact. they are in the dark' lost to Sin. So they bathe in such. for they wash in a septic tank.
They take pride in their religion ? Islam, Jew or so called Christian is worthless, because only Christ Jesus Saves ! No Religion ever saved any ones Soul ! One must come out from them and come to Jesus Christ totally, For he is Emanuel God with us ? He is our God ! for only through him can come to the Father ! So you can not take out the Son or the Holy Spirit from the Father because they are all as one in the same but they do have their own identity that we can understand is a fact, but that does not take anything away from such but strengthens the fact. So how would one understand if they did not know the 3 ? and that they are all as one ?
So show me God the Father without the Holy Spirit ? it can not be done in fact.
So show me Jesus ? as he is the one who this came about, he did it ! he is Emmanuel God with us in fact ! no one can come to the Father but through his only begotten Son.
It's done ! the seed has been planted. but the cares of this world reject for they do not know him !
Jesus said to forgive them for they do not know. For they are Lost ! but they must be found ? so as to understand.