This may be tough for some to swallow, but....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what I was talking about:

PHOTOS: Obama Used Same So-Called ‘Cages’ to Detain Child Border Crossers

The so-called “cages” being used by federal immigration officials to detain child border crossers in detention facilities are the same barriers that were used by former President Obama’s administration.

Your own photos show that the kids were provided mats to sleep on in those years, and you included a picture of bath towels on racks for them. Those things Trump took away from them, and had his people tell an incredulous judge that they "didn't need."

Always be careful with Breitbart; they aren't very honest, but when they try to be deceptive, they usually blow it, as they did this time. It seems you just made my argument for me. Thank you.

Reactions: Nancy

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your own photos show that the kids were provided mats to sleep on in those years, and you included a picture of bath towels on racks for them. Those things Trump took away from them, and had his people tell an incredulous judge that they "didn't need."

Always be careful with Breitbart; they aren't very honest, but when they try to be deceptive, they usually blow it, as they did this time. It seems you just made my argument for me. Thank you.

Actually, You have missed my point completely. My point had nothing to do with bath towels.... The liberal media made such a stink about the "cages" being used under Trump, but these fences were used under Obama as well. This became a hot button issue to bring Trump and other Republicans down in the polls. Nothing more.

My advice to you is always be careful with the radically liberal media. They slant the truth and will go to any lengths to get what they want.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Well some thought the world was going to end when Obama was president, some thought he would somehow illegally hold his position in office and would be America's last ever president. ;)
it ends when you leave it i guess Josho
i'm sure never going back there
not ever (said peter)
ha well dang not if i can help it then
"put your hands on the wheel,
let the Golden Age begin..."

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
it ends when you leave it i guess Josho
i'm sure never going back there
not ever (said peter)
ha well dang not if i can help it then
"put your hands on the wheel,
let the Golden Age begin..."

I think there's still too many setting dates at the moment, I don't think we are that least expected moment yet. And there are still persecutions to come, in the West we may be talking about losing freedoms, but still it's nowhere near as bad as Myanmar, some Middle Eastern countries, some Northern African countries or China, we still are pretty free to be Christian compared to many other places in the world.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I think there's still too many setting dates at the moment, I don't think we are that least expected moment yet. And there are still persecutions to come, in the West we may be talking about losing freedoms, but still it's nowhere near as bad as Myanmar, some Middle Eastern countries, some Northern African countries or China, we still are pretty free to be Christian compared to many other places in the world.
man, does that song speak to that lol. i guess i agree josho, but i would still leave it at least in a sense? i mean you gotta see empire in decline, and our world's contracting now, right

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, You have missed my point completely. My point had nothing to do with bath towels....

It had to do with the Trump administration taking away the kids sleeping mats, towels, toothbrushes, soap, etc. And then telling a federal judge that kids don't need those things.

The liberal media made such a stink about the "cages" being used under Trump,
Well, let's take a look...

Trump official tells court detained children don't need beds, soap or toothbrushes
Judges express incredulity at attempt to overturn legal findings regarding mistreatment of juveniles
The Trump administration has argued in court it should be able to force detained migrant children to sleep on concrete floors and deprive them of soap and toothbrushes.

US district judge Dolly Gee ruled in 2017 that Customs and Border Protection (CBP) had breached the settlement by failing to provide some detainees with items such as soap, toothbrushes and towels, as well as adequate food and drinking water, according to Court House News.

She also said children were being deprived of bathroom access and adequate sleep, as well as living in sometimes near-freezing temperatures.
Trump official tells court detained children don't need beds, soap or toothbrushes

That was it. Being detained wasn't the issue. Being deprived of the most basic things necessary for health was the issue. C'mon.

but these fences were used under Obama as well.

But as Breitbart accidentally admitted, the kids had mats to sleep on, blankets, towels, soap, etc. And violating the law requiring these kids to be treated humanely is what got Trump in trouble. Justifiably so. It's not surprising. To get even in a family squabble over a will, he withdrew medical coverage from a nephew who desperately needed medical care. And then he vented his anger at a judge who forced him to continue the coverage.

Trump is that kind of a person. You know this.

This became a hot button issue to bring Trump and other Republicans down in the polls. Nothing more.

From Trump's point of view, probably so. The children meant nothing at all to him. He's apparently puzzled as to why anyone cares if they sleep on concrete, and can't bathe.

My advice to you is always be careful with the radically liberal media.

What tripped you up this time, was the radically right-wing media. They not only lied to you, they then set you up with photos that proved it.

Breitbart slants the truth and will go to any lengths to get what they want. But as you just realized, they aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer. As soon as you start thinking for yourself, you won't be easy for them, anymore.

Last edited:

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"That kind of person," eh??

"By their fruits, you will know them." As you see, he's behaved that way with his own family, to get back at them for disagreeing with him. It's the nature of narcissism; he doesn't think anyone else has rights.

If Trump didn't know about this, it would be one thing. But his own people have revealed that he decided separating and abusing the kids would be a way to discourage asylum requests. Would you like to see that?

It's not like there haven't been problems before. Obama, when this was brought to his attention, set up standards for the decent treatment of children. Trump administration got hauled into court for violating those standards.

C'mon.

Reactions: Nancy and Giuliano

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see Trump's campaigning three times in Louisiana didn't work that well. Trump won Louisiana in 2016 by 19.5%; and the Democrat had been ahead by 2% in the polls. High turnout in Republican parishes could have tipped the election in favor of the Republican; but the Democrat won by 1.5%. If Trump could have motivated people more, perhaps the Republican would have won. Trump may be good at getting people to turn up for his rallies, but not so good at getting them out to vote for other Republicans.

Who wins these governor races matter since they'll be in office when the new congressional districts are drawn.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what I was talking about:

PHOTOS: Obama Used Same So-Called ‘Cages’ to Detain Child Border Crossers

The so-called “cages” being used by federal immigration officials to detain child border crossers in detention facilities are the same barriers that were used by former President Obama’s administration.

A series of rare photos taken from inside detention facilities where mostly Central American minors were held in detention under the Obama administration in 2014 reveals that detention of border crossers has largely remained the same under Trump as it was under the previous administration.

Source: PHOTOS: Obama Used Same So-Called 'Cages' to Detain Child Border Crossers | Breitbart

you forgot Hillary’s emails, President Garfield’s cronyism, and Cesar Augustine’s crossing of the Rubicon, amongst other timely offenses

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you forgot Hillary’s emails, President Garfield’s cronyism, and Cesar Augustine’s crossing of the Rubicon, amongst other timely offenses
Maybe you missed this from Politico:

President Obama is an extremist on abortion. He has never supported any meaningful restriction on it, and never will.​

He opposed a partial-birth abortion bill in Illinois, even as the federal version passed the House with 282 votes and the Senate with 64 votes and was signed into law by President Bush in 2003. He arrived in the U.S. Senate in time to denounce the Supreme Court’s ruling upholding the ban.​

In 2007, he told the Planned Parenthood Action Fund that his first act as president would be signing the Freedom of Choice Act. The act would enshrine in federal law a right to abortion more far-reaching than in Roe v. Wade and eliminate basically all federal and state-level restrictions on abortion. This isn’t a point its supporters contest; it’s one they brag about. The National Organization for Women says it would “sweep away hundreds of anti-abortion laws [and] policies.”​

Source: Obama the abortion extremist

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"By their fruits, you will know them." As you see, he's behaved that way with his own family, to get back at them for disagreeing with him. It's the nature of narcissism; he doesn't think anyone else has rights.

If Trump didn't know about this, it would be one thing. But his own people have revealed that he decided separating and abusing the kids would be a way to discourage asylum requests. Would you like to see that?

It's not like there haven't been problems before. Obama, when this was brought to his attention, set up standards for the decent treatment of children. Trump administration got hauled into court for violating those standards.

C'mon.
Based on what I just posted (above this post), I have a very hard time listening to ANY praise of a man who would not take a stand against partial-birth abortion!

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Based on what I just posted (above this post), I have a very hard time listening to ANY praise of a man who would not take a stand against partial-birth abortion!

That's Donald Trump. He had a sudden conversion when he decided he wanted to be elected. Probably a coincidence, um?

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see Trump's campaigning three times in Louisiana didn't work that well. Trump won Louisiana in 2016 by 19.5%; and the Democrat had been ahead by 2% in the polls. High turnout in Republican parishes could have tipped the election in favor of the Republican; but the Democrat won by 1.5%. If Trump could have motivated people more, perhaps the Republican would have won. Trump may be good at getting people to turn up for his rallies, but not so good at getting them out to vote for other Republicans.

Who wins these governor races matter since they'll be in office when the new congressional districts are drawn.

Yes, particularly since the republican party has been increasingly dependent on Gerrymandering to win elections. This is a serious problem for them in red states.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Desperation produces desperate excuses. Whattaboutism is pretty much all that's left.

Reactions: aspen

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, particularly since the republican party has been increasingly dependent on Gerrymandering to win elections. This is a serious problem for them in red states.
It could become interesting in Louisiana with its current 5 Republicans and 1 Democrat. Republicans currently control both houses of the legislature, so if a Republican had been elected governor, they could have done whatever they wanted with new districts.

It looks as if the Republicans may be giving up the battle in North Carolina. They're proposing a new map for 2020 that could cost them two seats in Congress. I imagine the new districts after the census would be similar.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/election/article237362384.html

Republicans in the North Carolina General Assembly are advancing a new map for the 2020 U.S. House races that could cost their party seats in Congress. The map passed the N.C. House Thursday afternoon and was sent to the Senate, which could pass the map into law or come up with a new proposal.

“I do believe this is a fair and honest attempt to address the issues that have been brought up,” said Republican Rep. David Lewis, one of the legislature’s top redistricting leaders. He was referring to a lawsuit that challenged the constitutionality of the current maps. As it stands now, the state has a 10-3 Republican advantage in the U.S. House of Representatives, even though Democratic and Republican candidates typically get around the same number of votes statewide.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's Donald Trump. He had a sudden conversion when he decided he wanted to be elected. Probably a coincidence, um?
Would you stop already? I posted Trump's good record on pro-life issues. Why not give credit where credit is due and criticism where criticism is due? This is sounding like nothing more than HateTrumpism. It's ridiculous!

So..........killing fully-developed babies is okay in your book as long as children don't have to sleep without blankets! I get it!

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you stop already? I posted Trump's good record on pro-life issues. Why not give credit where credit is due and criticism where criticism is due? This is sounding like nothing more than HateTrumpism. It's ridiculous!

So..........killing fully-developed babies is okay in your book as long as children don't have to sleep without blankets! I get it!

I guess I'm the only one on this thread at the moment who's man enough to speak out against the barbaric act of partial-birth abortion. How sad and infuriating!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You seem to think enacting laws banning abortion is the most effective way of preventing abortions. It isn't. Italy's abortion rate went down when they legalized it. Today very few native Italian women have abortions. It's mostly immigrants who are unsure about their futures and sometimes unable to afford having babies.

Similarly the abortion rate went down under Obama. I tend to worry about the future abortion rate when I see some of the Trump administration's policies that aren't that friendly towards families and children. It doesn't matter if it's legal, not if you're poor and worried about being able to afford supporting another child. One such change was the cut to lunch programs for poor children.

Trump proposal threatens SNAP assistance to 68K children, families, elderly

This nation’s most effective hunger prevention program is under attack. Again.

The Trump Administration has proposed changing the rules for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, aka food stamps) to take food away from an estimated 3.1 million people nationally.
This includes 68,000 New Jersey residents, many of them low-income, working families with children, the elderly and people with disabilities.

Each day, the New Jersey Federation of Foodbanks sees the overwhelming need to feed 900,000 individuals who face hunger, including about 260,000 children. Our neighbors in need represent every demographic -- working single parents, people holding several low-wage jobs, a recently laid off head of household, children, veterans and seniors. Like 40 percent of Americans, thousands of New Jerseyans are just dollars away from a financial crisis.

The proposed rule change would make their situations even worse.

The rule would end the practice of allowing low-income, working people whose gross incomes are slightly higher than the poverty level to qualify for SNAP. Currently, a provision known as “Categorical Eligibility’’ protects workers as their incomes inch up above the federal income cut-off, ensuring that SNAP benefits taper off, rather than stop abruptly. This prevents a situation where a better paying job or more work hours would result in a lower household budget.

The rich keep getting richer; and benefits to the poor are being cut while the minimum wage hasn't gone up. If too programs designed to help lower income families are cut, more women will resort to abortions even if they are made illegal. I honestly don't think most women who have abortions enjoy it or want them. I think most are under economic pressure.

Schools are also now having problems trying to handle homeless students. That shouldn't be the schools' problem.

Growing number of Greenville children are homeless

Over the last year, 3,633 people in Greenville County were homeless, which includes 1,106 school-aged children.

Greenville County Schools Superintendent Burke Royster said homelessness is a major barrier to success for students.

“If you’re sitting in school today as a young person, whether you’re in elementary, middle or high school, and you don’t know where you’re going to sleep tonight; awfully hard to concentrate on reading, or math, or science or anything else related to your future,” Royster said.

Greenville Homeless Alliance Coordinator Susan McLarty said many people living in homeless shelters have jobs but cannot afford housing.

“So that is a housing subsidy that comes from our local dollars. If we could do that, we could unlock our shelters tomorrow. We have people who are ready to move. They have jobs; they simply just need that long-term subsidy to help with the housing,” McLarty said.

Increasing housing and exits from homelessness, supporting local transit systems and policymaking were a few of the solutions outlined in the report.

You tell me what you would do if you were a homeless woman with two or three children who found herself pregnant again. Solving the problem of abortion is more complicated than passing laws; and it distresses me that some Christians seem to care about children more before they're born than after.