This NEEDS to End!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

wip

Dec 29, 2020
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok great, i am a simpleton, please educate me and set me straight, why do we have birthdays and not conception days? why do the bible generations start at birth and not conception, why did Eve not acknowledge Seth until after he was born.
I answered this for you some time ago. If people were aware of the exact day/time of conception then it likely would be the point of celebration.

wip

Dec 29, 2020
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
going through the birth canal has nothing to do with anything, birth means the creation process is complete. this is the same reason why you can live in a fully built house but you can not live in a concrete slab. the house is not complete.
Exactly, the birth canal doesn't have anything to do with it. This is my point. You have no more right to kill a baby on the other side of the birth canal than you do on this side. Also, you can live on a concrete slab - there is value there. If someone came by and burned my house down I would be upset but I would also be upset if they came by and tore up my concrete foundation. They both have value to me. Different but still valuable.

wip

Dec 29, 2020
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok great, i am a simpleton, please educate me and set me straight, why do we have birthdays and not conception days? why do the bible generations start at birth and not conception, why did Eve not acknowledge Seth until after he was born.

going through the birth canal has nothing to do with anything, birth means the creation process is complete. this is the same reason why you can live in a fully built house but you can not live in a concrete slab. the house is not complete.

the US law says its double homicide, this is the same US that made laws that blacks should be slaves and women had no right to vote. and the people making the laws are the most corrupt people ever.
Now with china joe in charge (as a puppet of the Chinese communist party) it will be the Christian's turn to be slaves.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
I answered this for you some time ago. If people were aware of the exact day/time of conception then it likely would be the point of celebration.

i have never heard of a birthday celebration where they celebrated the birth only because they didnt know what day they conceived. this argument, as silly as it is, may work outside the bible, but not within the bible. the bible says the generations begin at birth, are you gonna use this same argument here and claim the Heavenly Father does not know the conception day?

Exactly, the birth canal doesn't have anything to do with it. This is my point. You have no more right to kill a baby on the other side of the birth canal than you do on this side.
i dont think you have a right to interfere with the Fathers creation process. but i dont think a fully formed baby is the same as a baby that has not formed.

Also, you can live on a concrete slab - there is value there. If someone came by and burned my house down I would be upset but I would also be upset if they came by and tore up my concrete foundation. They both have value to me. Different but still valuable.

you can live on a patch of dirt, that does not make it equal to a house. if i agreed to build you a home, you payed me, i come out and pour a slab, would you really think the work is complete?

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
If abortion is murder can someone explain Numbers 5:11-31 the test for an unfaithful wife, the priest performs a ritual and if the wife is proven to be unfaithful then the baby produced from the adultry is miscarried.

Is the Lord instructing them to commit murder?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So tell me, when does the human life begin.

Same as it says for Adam...

Gen 2:
[7] And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Reactions: April_Rose

wip

Dec 29, 2020
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same as it says for Adam...

Gen 2:
[7] And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
So are you saying that until God blows into your nostrils you are not a human? May I ask when did God blow into your nostrils? Oh maybe he hasn't yet? Are you human?

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are you saying that until God blows into your nostrils you are not a human? Maybe I ask when did God blow into your nostrils? Oh maybe he hasn't yet? Are you human?

I just identify with being human since I've been on earth for thirty-thousand years, but I never age. I'm really from a planet far, far away where nobody has any marbles. My real name is Zenox 23930373. :) Zenox for short. ;)

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

the US law says its double homicide, this is the same US that made laws that blacks should be slaves and women had no right to vote. and the people making the laws are the most corrupt people ever.

And you are using this as license to commit murder? Someone who has no voice or can state opposition to being murdered...

And that's not corrupt?

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If abortion is murder can someone explain Numbers 5:11-31 the test for an unfaithful wife, the priest performs a ritual and if the wife is proven to be unfaithful then the baby produced from the adultry is miscarried.

Is the Lord instructing them to commit murder?
You read it wrong...
She gets to have a baby if she is innocent...
Israelite women wanted children...they were a retirement package for them. Otherwise her body becomes bloated and her limbs get weak. (Disease...not pregnancy)

You really need to read scriptures carefully.

And besides...this is the Old Testament. We don't have a Temple anymore to get the dust from to make the water or a priest/prophet...or even the Ark of the Covenant.
You can't go beyond what is written or go halfway what is written. Scriptures must be cut straight if you cut them.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
And you are using this as license to commit murder? Someone who has no voice or can state opposition to being murdered...

And that's not corrupt?

its not murder, the child has not been fully formed, thats why we have birthdays and not conception days, the bible generations start at birth and not conception, Eve did not acknowledge Seth until after he was born.

You read it wrong...
She gets to have a baby if she is innocent...
Israelite women wanted children...they were a retirement package for them. Otherwise her body becomes bloated and her limbs get weak. (Disease...not pregnancy)

?? umm yeah i think we all get she gets to have a child if she is innocent, its the guilty option that gets everyone upset. the lady is pregnant, is she pregnant from her husband or another man, thats what the bitter water ritual determines. if she is found to be guilty of cheating the baby is lost.

You really need to read scriptures carefully.

you need to read the bible without bending the scriptures to conform to your personal political agendas.

And besides...this is the Old Testament. We don't have a Temple anymore to get the dust from to make the water or a priest/prophet...or even the Ark of the Covenant.
You can't go beyond what is written or go halfway what is written. Scriptures must be cut straight if you cut them.

in other words we get to cherry pick. Jesus followed the Hebrew bible, i think i will follow that example.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
its not murder, the child has not been fully formed, thats why we have birthdays and not conception days, the bible generations start at birth and not conception, Eve did not acknowledge Seth until after he was born.

?? umm yeah i think we all get she gets to have a child if she is innocent, its the guilty option that gets everyone upset. the lady is pregnant, is she pregnant from her husband or another man, thats what the bitter water ritual determines. if she is found to be guilty of cheating the baby is lost.

you need to read the bible without bending the scriptures to conform to your personal political agendas.

in other words we get to cherry pick. Jesus followed the Hebrew bible, i think i will follow that example.
Maybe you should get a different commentary on the scriptures...I don't use one anymore but I did when I was first learning them...

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Maybe you should get a different commentary on the scriptures...I don't use one anymore but I did when I was first learning them...

and if i get this commentary it will change all these things:
birthdays are changed to conception days.
the generations will now begin at conception.
Eve will acknowledge Seth before he is born.

thats great that you think there is a magic commentary that edits scripture, but until someone can travel to fairy tale land and find it i believe we are stuck with the current bible that supports birthdays, generations, birth of Seth.