This really grabbed me today!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my gosh, it gets worse. Now in addition to the Bible’s of all the world having led people into believing a lie from satan that Jesus is worthy of worship, now the word “God” has been mistranslated in many places. And God can’t fix that either so the only solution is to look up every single word in a language other than your own.
You are a mess. You like attention. You don’t even care if it’s bad attention as long as it’s attention.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who resurrected Jesus after those three days he was in a tomb?
Now here is something that you will never get your head around with the rational you employ AJ .....Jesus resurrects himself.

John 10:17-18 ...The reason the Father loves Me is that I lay down My life in order to take it up again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of My own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from My Father.”

Reactions: Azim and bbyrd009

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The point of this conversation is to counteract your nonsense so you don’t kill any babies.
Oh my goodness....you have really lost the plot.....
palm

Believe whatever you wish.

Just remember that "few" are on the road to life.....if you believe what the majority believes, you are spinning your wheels on the wrong road.

Good bye sbg.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are wrong and I will tell you why. The angels were created BEFORE the creation of this world. They were there and sang for joy at the laying of the cornerstone upon which all rests and through Who all is held together - Jesus. It’s all been about Jesus, created by Him, through Him and for Him. All the scriptures and the prophets, which is to say, the whole Bible, tells of Him. Moses wrote of Him. It’s all about Him.

So if the angels were already there and He created the angels, He was there BEFORE the world was created, since He created everything visible to us and invisible to us,
for through him God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can’t see— such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world. Everything was created through him and for him.

Yes maam, being the very first creation of God he was there before the creation of angels, the world, man, etc. Did you know that since God created him only by His hands, that out of all of God's sons, Jesus alone has the title only-begotten son of God? He was the firstborn of all creation Grace, before every creature, including the angels which was likely created next. Col 1:15

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
palm

Just remember that "few" are on the road to life.....if you believe what the majority believes, you are spinning your wheels on the wrong road.

Good bye sbg.

There’s plotting going on, that’s for sure.

I’d say the majority believe that Jesus was and is God manifested in flesh, since that’s what most of them come to after reading their bibles with the help of the Holy Spirit. They might be a bit perplexed, but they see it written so they believe it because they believe God has told the truth.
Now believing INTO Him is another thing. The outer man must die for that to happen. But God is always working toward that with us and giving to us, at any given time, what we are able to bear.

What you try to convince men of is that the word from God is so corrupted that they can’t believe a word of it and that satan wrongly inserted the words “worship” and “God” in many, many places where they don’t belong to trick us into believing Jesus is much more and much greater than we should believe. That’s what we would expect from satan, not from God.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reading that scripture through a different lens, it is quite clear to me that he is not Almighty God.

Firstly, he is the “image” of his God. Is an image the same as the one reflected? Is the image in the mirror, you? Or is it a reflection of you?
We are all made in God’s image....it means that we possess his qualities...but it doesn’t mean that we are all God.

The Father created all things “through” the agency of his son, gifting it all to him.....“created through him and for him”....if Jesus is God, how can that be said? How does God give things to his equal self?

He existed before anything else.....but he did not exist before his Father because he is God’s “firstborn”. The Son is the first and only direct creation of his Father...that is what makes him unique.....all other things came via the Son by means of God’s spirit, which is the power behind all of God’s activities, directed to whomever and wherever he wishes.

The Son is “begotten” which means that his Father is his ‘begetter’...the one who caused his existence. (Revelation 3:14) The son had a beginning.....the Father did not.
“Begotten” means that the Father had to exist before his son....just like it is with us.

Jesus is the appointed “Mediator between God and men”.....if Jesus was God, again that makes no sense. If Jesus was God, we would need a mediator between us and him too. Sin is the barrier between us and our God...a barrier bridged by the agency of the Son, appointed as the ‘go-between’ so that we could still have our prayers heard by the Father, “in Jesus’ name”.

Jesus never taught that he was his Father’s equal and he plainly states in Revelation that the Father is his “God” even in heaven. (Revelation 3:12) How can God worship an equal part of himself?

It dishonours both the Father and the son to declare them as equals. It is a breach of the first Commandment. (Exodus 20:3) Blasphemous IMO.
This post is the one that is truly blasphemous. And that is not an opinion.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible says what it says in any language and Bible students who really want to know what it says will do their research

You have made it impossible for men to read the gospel and be saved unless they look things up in another language. It is not the internet that guides men into all truth. It is not language studies that guide men into all truth.

I’m not against language studies. I think God calls some men to it. I really do. And He even led me quite a few years ago to do one of my own on the beginning of Genesis. I’m not against a man doing something if God leads him to it. But what you have done, since it minimizes our God and our Savior, has not been under Gods leading. It is satan who tries to minimize and kill Jesus.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is at every moment manipulating us. He does it through our outer man. He can’t get to the inner man though. So he tries to strengthen our outer man, who must die in order for this new life in us to spring up and outward. The outer man is so weak that it can’t withstand him. He is adept at manipulating that outer man. When we become so sick of it, of ourselves, we agree to die and ask Him to do it as quickly as He can, so we can live our new life unhindered by that odious outer man. This is the war we find ourselves in. But by trusting Him, He can and will help us in it.

Reactions: Azim

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And it’s so strange to us to really begin to see we cannot trust our outer man, like, not even a little bit. We cannot put one ounce of confidence in him. We should, at all times, be ever suspicious of him and treat him roughly. Satan manipulates us through him and yanks us around mercilessly by our emotions through him.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
And it’s so strange to us to really begin to see we cannot trust our outer man, like, not even a little bit. We cannot put one ounce of confidence in him. We should, at all times, be ever suspicious of him and treat him roughly. Satan manipulates us through him and yanks us around mercilessly by our emotions through him.
ya know something i noticed about these “Jesus is God, Jesus is not God” debates? They always end up like this. Always. Which to me is a lesson all in itself, and quite possibly the lesson

So one might believe that Jesus is “God” for a day, and then the next day believe that Jesus is not God; what changes, really? Same with “Trinity” debates too, imo. I tell you that these are red-herring, pointless debates, that have no conclusion, unless it is the one that the individual debater has decided upon for themselves, and now chooses to insist upon.

Who here believes that they can truthfully define God? Do what you like, but i would just avoid those people :)

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This post is the one that is truly blasphemous. And that is not an opinion.
I was expressing my own opinion as I stated. You are expressing yours....we disagree. That is what Bible discussions are about. I have always provided scriptural support for everything I post because I have been a student and teacher of the Bible for many years. No one has to agree with my opinion, but I am grateful for a forum where many opinions are openly discussed.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was expressing my own opinion as I stated. You are expressing yours....we disagree. That is what Bible discussions are about. I have always provided scriptural support for everything I post because I have been a student and teacher of the Bible for many years. No one has to agree with my opinion, but I am grateful for a forum where many opinions are openly discussed.
No, mine is a fact, not opinion. Yours is heresy. Your opinion is a lie straight from the pits of hell.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, mine is a fact, not opinion. Yours is heresy. Your opinion is a lie straight from the pits of hell.
If that is what you believe...then I have no say in that. I simply state what the Bible says.
I have no belief in “the pits of hell” or that God would even invent such a place....but that is what genuine Bible study does for a person....it strips down the facts from the ugly fiction.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
nevertheless AJ, you out me regardless of the generous opinion of yourself.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
palm

Good bye sbg.
I see sbg has given you a run for your money and called you on your stuff just like I have previously and now I see you bid her good bye because she has a stronger position than your own. Will you also out her as you've outed me for similar reasons?......C'mon, level with me.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All yall need to put ALL JWs folk on ignore. That type of heresy shouldnt be tolerated here. Personally, i blame the admins for allowing such heresy, but they’ll reprimand me instead. :cool:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All yall need to put ALL JWs folk on ignore. That type of heresy shouldnt be tolerated here. Personally, i blame the admins for allowing such heresy, but they’ll reprimand me instead. :cool:
Would you be a dictator L-s? Even those with opposed opinions to your own have the right to voice them.

Reactions: amadeus