Thought For Today

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is manifested only when a believer gives him a mind to do so.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is manifested only when a believer gives him a mind to do so.
And...that is saying allot in one sentence :)
Renew-renew-renew the MIND!!! I daily try to renew the mind but some days I just can't even find it to renew it!! :D

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And...that is saying allot in one sentence :)
Renew-renew-renew the MIND!!! I daily try to renew the mind but some days I just can't even find it to renew it!! :D

Haha exactly exactly exactly, hey it was easy we would all be doing it :)

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haha exactly exactly exactly, hey it was easy we would all be doing it :)
For sure...people love short cuts and ease of all things anymore. I just wonder how this generation would be if all cell phones, cable, games, computers just vanished :eek: They would actually have to get up from their perch, and walk a couple feet to change the channel, and maybe they would actually even go outside to play with friends!!! What a novel idea, lol. And a home phone
Renewing the mind can take some time, especially if we might be doing something we do not realize is sin! He will show it up every time :)

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@soul man Paul indeed says to the Philippians in 2.5: 'Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus...'

We know Christ has a mind of his own, but that mind is lived out, comes out as the (manifested) believers mind or expression or life or creation we can say. Christ in you!

How did Christ live in his Mary body? As Jesus, Jesus is his Mary body (proper name-Jesus the Christ). But what was in that body is what is important. So it is with the believer, he cannot come out of them as Jesus of Nazareth in the natural, Christ comes out of them as they are. Same mind different body, their body. So now the believer and Christ are one, two different identities becoming one in spirit by a birthing (the moment born again), and one in soul but a renewing of the mind.
Union life, oneness, completeness, Spirit, the cross, a death, a life eternal, a plan fulfilled, love, a father, new life, all of this has already taken place in spirit for believers.

The believers mind knowing what has happened in spirit is mind renewal. Seeing Christ in you is mind renewal, Spirit taught knowledge is mind renewal. For the mind of Christ to be manifest the believer will have to get the mind on track to proper renewal of their mind. There is alot of responsibility to do that on the believers part, we have to be able to still be free moral agents, because that is the way the Lord wanted it and that is the way we are created.