Thoughts on Church Unity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. You will provide plenty.
Got it.

Your accusation is baseless. If you had evidence you would have provided by now. SInce you have no evidence, you deflect. Congratulations.

I wish you luck in your fantasy world were you are always a victim but never provide evidence of being a victim.

Mary

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You prefer the truth of the man MJRHEALTH and I prefer The Truth of the men of The Church.
YEs Mary I prefer Jesus, you as you say prefer man.

Joh_1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

and men

Rom_3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

So hold onmto man Ill hold onto Jesu, I know eher my salvation is, and it is not in man.

Become a catholic, you always where, It has being in your words, your questions your understanding. You like BOL are as your church is. That is what you are joined too.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both the Catholic Church and the reformers who left that church erred in their part. It has always been people who erred. The correct answers only come from God. He really is willing to share them with anyone who is really interested. You won't accept them from Martin Luther or me or the Baptists of the Calvinist and that is OK. Ask of God:

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?" Matt 7:7-11

The answer must be found in your own heart as given to you by God. Catholics do have the correct answers at times as do Protestants at times which each of them have received from God. God's people are not bound by the lines that men have established between the established church groups that exist. Probably one of the biggest blockades between believers and God are the walls they have put up between themselves and other believers with slightly or even drastically different doctrines. I answers are to found easily in the 13th chapter of I Corinthians and/or in the sermon on the mount of Jesus. Those words need to be written by God on our hearts without regard to all of the disagreements and foolish debating that occurs daily in the more civilized countries. You are not likely to find such debates in the believers in China or in Haiti.
Hi Amadeus,

If the Catholic Church AND the reformers who left the church were in error....what was their error?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YEs Mary I prefer Jesus, you as you say prefer man.
Joh_1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

and men

Rom_3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

So hold onmto man Ill hold onto Jesu, I know eher my salvation is, and it is not in man.

Become a catholic, you always where, It has being in your words, your questions your understanding. You like BOL are as your church is. That is what you are joined too.
Dear sir,

You are truly a confusing person. You don't prefer Jesus. You decide what you believe and prefer that. You prefer YOU over Jesus. You make ZERO sense.

I have come to realize that you feel like you are greater and more knowledgeable and more scripturally literate then anyone on this website. Your pride will be the destruction of you.........Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.

That my friend is you in a nutshell....as they say...whoever "they" are. :)

Mary

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Amadeus,

If the Catholic Church AND the reformers who left the church were in error....what was their error?

Curious Mary
A lack of charity toward one another. That is the center idea of I Corinthians chapter 13.
Jesus said it here:

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." Matt 22:37-40

In the King James Version which I read as my primary English Bible, it uses the word, charity, where many other translations use the word, Love. That chapter written down by the Apostles Paul details just what charity [or love] is according to God.

People on this forum and elsewhere who abuse each other with words because they disagree are missing the most important thing. Until they all [me too!] get it right, we are falling short of God's expectations. With His help we can do it, but we must begin by working on ourselves.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Dear sir,

You are truly a confusing person. You don't prefer Jesus. You decide what you believe and prefer that. You prefer YOU over Jesus. You make ZERO sense.

I have come to realize that you feel like you are greater and more knowledgeable and more scripturally literate then anyone on this website. Your pride will be the destruction of you.........Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.
Condescending as always. Confused, any one who can sit under a religion that abuses children, has serious problem as to who Jesus is. You love your religion that is very plain, we can only serve one, you chose your religion we choose Christ. Funny how teh religious get so offended when His name is mentioned.

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

there is no other way.

Reactions: Pisteuo

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lack of charity toward one another. That is the center idea of I Corinthians chapter 13.
Jesus said it here:

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." Matt 22:37-40

In the King James Version which I read as my primary English Bible, it uses the word, charity, where many other translations use the word, Love. That chapter written down by the Apostles Paul details just what charity [or love] is according to God.

People on this forum and elsewhere who abuse each other with words because they disagree are missing the most important thing. Until they all [me too!] get it right, we are falling short of God's expectations. With His help we can do it, but we must begin by working on ourselves.
The Catholic Church and the Reformers had lack of charity toward one another?

What is your historical evidence of that?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both the Catholic Church and the reformers who left that church erred in their part. It has always been people who erred. The correct answers only come from God. He really is willing to share them with anyone who is really interested. You won't accept them from Martin Luther or me or the Baptists of the Calvinist and that is OK. Ask of God:

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?" Matt 7:7-11

The answer must be found in your own heart as given to you by God. Catholics do have the correct answers at times as do Protestants at times which each of them have received from God. God's people are not bound by the lines that men have established between the established church groups that exist. Probably one of the biggest blockades between believers and God are the walls they have put up between themselves and other believers with slightly or even drastically different doctrines. I answers are to found easily in the 13th chapter of I Corinthians and/or in the sermon on the mount of Jesus. Those words need to be written by God on our hearts without regard to all of the disagreements and foolish debating that occurs daily in the more civilized countries. You are not likely to find such debates in the believers in China or in Haiti.
The answer has been "found in your (my) own heart". The answer is The Catholic Church.

Since I have found the answer in my own heart is my answer right?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Condescending as always. Confused, any one who can sit under a religion that abuses children, has serious problem as to who Jesus is. You love your religion that is very plain, we can only serve one, you chose your religion we choose Christ. Funny how teh religious get so offended when His name is mentioned.

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

there is no other way.
You write a confusing post that makes no sense and that makes me condescending?

Your inability to articulate what you believe and it be compatible with scripture makes me condescending?

Funny how the people who lack knowledge get so offended when they can't articulate a legitimate point based on scripture.

Shouldn't you put IMO after all your post's? Because that is, in effect, what you are doing....giving your opinion.

There is no other way? What happens to infants when they die? They never knew Jesus. What happens to their souls?

Curious Mary

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK... I accuse you of being a tare.
Mary, you are a sore looser, and now you add to your own shame.

I have told you the truth in accordance with scripture and you accuse me because I come in the spirit of God. But you believe what suits you, as it is written: "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

Reactions: Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is no other way? What happens to infants when they die? They never knew Jesus. What happens to their soul
They go to Jesus all children are His, unless your God is not of love...

Always looking for a different way.

Im not allowed an opinion,God doesnt deal in mens opinions.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary, you are a sore looser, and now you add to your own shame.

I have told you the truth in accordance with scripture and you accuse me because I come in the spirit of God. But you believe what suits you, as it is written: "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."
A sore loser? Really?

You are the one who said, and I quote: If you have not accused me, then I have no need to answer. Nor will I.

I then accused you.

I met YOUR criteria for getting a response. Since I met the criteria that YOU set forth, shouldn't you answer?

Or were you lying to me? You do not plan to answer me once I have accused you?

I have no shame. I don't lie to people. You lied to me. I accused you and you didn't answer. That was YOUR criteria....not mine. I met your criteria....shouldn't you answer now that I have met your criteria?

How do you know that I am not the one who has told YOU the truth in accordance with scripture? How do you know that I am not the one who comes in the spirit of God? Why are you the righteous one and I the one who is not righteous? Are you a prophet? A messenger of God?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They go to Jesus all children are His, unless your God is not of love...
Always looking for a different way.
Im not allowed an opinion,God doesnt deal in mens opinions.
So your OPINION is that God does not deal in men's opinions? You have NEVER posted an opinion on this website?

Curious Mary

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The answer has been "found in your (my) own heart". The answer is The Catholic Church.

Since I have found the answer in my own heart is my answer right?

Curious Mary
I cannot speak for your heart unless it were revealed to me from God. It has not been. You are the one who has to live your life. Just remember to do so as Solomon wrote it here:

"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;..." Ecc 9:10

Also always, whichever place you place yourself in, remember this verse:

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

May God richly bless you as you walk with Him!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic Church and the Reformers had lack of charity toward one another?

What is your historical evidence of that?

Curious Mary
The only secular evidence I have is what I have read in men's books. How much are they worth? Not much really, as I see it.

However, I have read in scripture how men are when they do what they want to do... even men who sometimes serve God. David was such a man, called a "man after God's own heart" yet we know that he committed sins that according to law God gave to Moses deserved death. God spared him although he showed seemingly no charity toward Uriah, the husband of Bethsheba.

In the RCC as well as among the reformers, many undoubtedly similarly followed their own heads and fleshly lusts rather than God. What men call the Reformation would not have occurred if a large number of men on both sides had been following God more than their own hearts.

We are not better today, as Catholics or as Protestants or other Christians, than those both for and against the RCC at the time of the Reformation.
Man has been the same since Adam and Eve disobeyed God, with only a few exceptions. Even the exceptions almost still at times missed the mark.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I cannot speak for your heart unless it were revealed to me from God. It has not been. You are the one who has to live your life. Just remember to do so as Solomon wrote it here:

"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;..." Ecc 9:10

Also always, whichever place you place yourself in, remember this verse:

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

May God richly bless you as you walk with Him!
My dear Amadeous,

I have to be revealed to you from God? Since I have not been revealed to you from God yet...I should just go on living what I believe? Or should I wait for approval from you?

I have done it with might which means, according to scripture, that I will be OK. I have already sought the kingdom of God and his righteousness therefor I should be good to go in the Catholic Church.

Would you please let me know when God reveals to you if I am right or wrong?

It is important to me and my salvation.

BTW...Since you have all the answers....Have you done these things yourself?

Curious Mary

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Truth.....Don't you???

Can YOU give it to me?

Curious Mary
His name is Jesus, and you will find the truth in Him. If yopu want religion keep going to church, thats all they have to offer but some prefer it to teh living Word. Jesus.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My dear Amadeous,

I have to be revealed to you from God? Since I have not been revealed to you from God yet...I should just go on living what I believe? Or should I wait for approval from you?

I have done it with might which means, according to scripture, that I will be OK. I have already sought the kingdom of God and his righteousness therefor I should be good to go in the Catholic Church.

Would you please let me know when God reveals to you if I am right or wrong?

It is important to me and my salvation.

BTW...Since you have all the answers....Have you done these things yourself?

Curious Mary
You are speaking foolishly and not in response to what I wrote. What I meant was final judgments on people are God's rather than mine. Sometimes when God works through one person to help another He may reveal something personal to be used in the work. I don't expect such a revelation from Him about you.

As to what I have been through, I grew up as a Roman Catholic. I was a devout Catholic and served as an altar boy until I graduated from high school in 1961. During that time I thought I would become a Catholic priest, but God took me down a different road.

I am not and have never been anti-Catholic as some are. I learned to love God when I was a Catholic. Some of my best early memories are concerned with connection some of the very good experiences I had while serving God in my way while there. I am not there anymore, but I would never disavow the work God did on me through some very good Catholics. I was not trying to talk you out of being Catholic. I was trying to impress on you need to be close to God no matter where or what you were.

Again, may God richly bless you as you walk with Him, even in the Catholic Church.