Three Days and Three Nights

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Many years ago, I put the Gospel story of Christ's week begore the crucifixion, starting from when he entered Jericho on his way up to Jerusalem, into, what I thought was a reasonable chronological order of events. I have attached a PDF file of this chronical order of events with the days highlighted for people to consider. Even now this document is still a work in progress. I used the RSV as the source for the quoted scriptures.

I trust that the attached document, for those who take their time to consider it, will be of benefit to them.

Shalom

Attachments

• The Gospels arranged to reflect the events of Jesus on his journey to the cross.pdf
    936.7 KB · Views: 0

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many years ago, I put the Gospel story of Christ's week begore the crucifixion, starting from when he entered Jericho on his way up to Jerusalem, into, what I thought was a reasonable chronological order of events. I have attached a PDF file of this chronical order of events with the days highlighted for people to consider. Even now this document is still a work in progress. I used the RSV as the source for the quoted scriptures.

I trust that the attached document, for those who take their time to consider it, will be of benefit to them.

Shalom
Rather hard to deal with on a cell phone! But if I have time I will look at it when I can print it out.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Rather hard to deal with on a cell phone! But if I have time I will look at it when I can print it out.
You will print out just over 90 pages. The file is my attempt to align the four Gospels into a chronological story line, with some comments added.

But knock yourself out, the exercise was worth while for myself to understand how the events unfolded around the journey to the cross from Jericho.

Shalom

Reactions: FHII

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Read EVERY relevant Scripture in the last chapters of
the four Gospels,
in textual sequence
put together
in chronological
and logical,
historical
order,
word for word,
verse by verse,
context to context,
with no omissions,
using the King James Version
interlinear with the Greek,
and every shadow of doubt about Christ's perfect fulfilment of the Passover of Yahweh's "three days thick darkness" is dispelled
sola Scriptura
as per the Article of the Christian Confession of Faith,
I believe in Christ, who was crucified, who died and was buried, and who
“ROSE from the dead
according to the Scriptures
THE THIRD DAY”!

Read it HERE, http://www.biblestudents.co.za/books/Die Hart van die Evangelie - Die Laaste Lyding en Triomf van Jesus Christus.pdf

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yeshua did not die the day before the 7th day Sabbath, he died the day before the High Sabbath which was the first day of Unleavened Bread. The 1st and last day of U.B. are both High Sabbaths. The Passover lamb was slaughtered in the afternoon of the 14th, the first day of U.B was the 15th at evening and went until the 21st of Abib, also a High Sabbath day, and ended when evening came and was approaching the 22nd. Afternoon of the 14th was Passover, evening of the 15th would have been the start of U.B. which ended the following evening just before the 16th. Then the regular 7th day Sabbath started the evening of the 16th and continued until just before the evening of the 17th started, which was the Day Yeshua rose.

Looks very much like the real thing in the Gospels! God be with you in your further study of this absolutely CRUCIAL subject

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Joshua 5:10 – And the children of Israel encamped in Gilgal, and kept the passover on the fourteenth day of the month at even in the plains of Jericho.

The 14[sup]th[/sup] Day of the month, was that Friday, the preparation day of the high Sabbath. That is when the Passover is kept, and they slay the lamb. The lamb which was a type, signified Jesus Christ. Jesus had to die on the Passover day, it was prophesied. He IS the Passover lamb, slain on the 14[sup]th[/sup] day of the month.

The days of the month and the days of the week in Joshua happened in fulfilment of the days of the month and the days of the week which happened initially in Exodus 12.
In Exodus the events of respectively 14, 15 and 16 Abib are dated on "This That SELFSAME Whole-Day BONE-DAY", one day of "three days THICK DARKNESS", "the fourteenth day of the First Month". In Egypt --in Exodus 12 to 14--, days were observed to pagan sunrise reckoning; in all subsequent Scriptures dealing with the historic development of the passover under God, the dating shifted halve a day forward -- the first / early / light part or halve of days became the second / late / dark part or halve of days; and the second / late / dark part or halve of days became the first / early / light part or halve of days.
For example, in Exodus 12 the first "ulb with the flesh" of the sacrifice was to be EATEN "on the fourteenth"; in Leviticus 23 it was to be eaten "on the fifteenth", but still on or at the same TIME, viz., "late" / 'eve' / 'even' / 'evening' / 'night' after sunset until before midnight.

Therefore, in Exodus the passover was killed on the 'old', 13th night/"14th day", which made "the tenth day of the First Month" on the 'old' 9th night/"10th day" and the Sabbath on the NEW, sixteenth day of the First Month.

So, in Joshua 4:19, Israel came up out of the Jordan River "on the tenth day of the First month", which HAD TO HAVE BEEN THE SABBATH because having come up out of the Red Sea and Jordan River on the Sabbath Day, was why God commanded: "Therefore I command you THIS day", specified in the Fourth Commandment as "the day The Seventh Day Sabbath of the LORD GOD."

With the 10th on the Seventh Day Sabbath, the 14th day of the month would come on the Fourth Day of the week ('Wednesday'), and the 15th, on the Fifth Day, and the 16th, on the Sixth Day.

Therefore on the plains of Jericho, the 14th day of the month was not '~on Friday the preparation day of the high Sabbath~' but on the Fourth Day of the week ('Wednesday') '~the preparation day of the high Sabbath~'.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
He rose the same time the barley was being cut from the field that the High Priest would wave before God the morning following that night.

He DIED the "the Selfsame Day you shall (early daylight) REAP ... the corners of your fields ... and LIFT UP and BIND and BRING the First Sheaf of harvest to the priest** ... in the fourteenth day of the First Month ... (when) That Day late (3 p.m.) ye shall KILL the LORD'S Passover" = "the first day they always had to KILL the passover and REMOVE leaven (of Life) on" Leviticus 23: 10,21,22 Mark14:12 Matthew 26:17 Luke 22:7.

**Mark the time of morning that Simon the Cyrenian "returned from the field", just after sunrise.

After it was "cut" and brought to him, the priest 'waved' = "prostrated" / "laid down" / "rested" the first sheaf wave offering and "stored" / “rested” it in the "holy place / store / sanctuary / temple" over the next day. Leviticus 23: 11A. That's why the fifteenth, "the day after they killed the passover", was called the passover's, "sabbath".

It is not written, '~the High Priest would wave before God the _morning_ following that night~'. The priest "waved" the first sheaf, "before the LORD", "ON THE DAY AFTER the sabbath" of the passover. Also verse 15 says "ye shall count from the DAY -'yom'- after"; not from the '~morning~'.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Like I said, the 14th was when he was slain at approximately 3:00 PM, that counts as 1 portion of the 3 days. Going into the 15th or 1st day of U.B. counts as 1 portion of the 3 nights.

The "three days and three nights" were THE "three nights and three days" of THE "three days" Jesus often spoke of, that "on the third day" of THESE DAYS He would rise on. You arbitrarily dissect the UNITY of Jesus' "three days" as had they no order and consistency or relevancy with The Prophetic Word of Jesus Himself.

Also, Jesus NEVER said or as much as hinted that He would rise in night-time, EVER!

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
the 14th was when he was slain at approximately 3:00 PM, that counts as 1 portion of the 3 days. Going into the 15th or 1st day of U.B. counts as 1 portion of the 3 nights. The day portion of the 15th counts as 2 portions of the 3 days. Going into the 16th counts as 2 portions of the 3 nights. The day portion of the 16th counts the 3rd portion of the 3 days. Going into the 17th counts as the 3rd portion of the 3 nights.

'~Like I said,~' not as Scriptures says, once.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The day portion of the 17th, when the high Priest was presenting the wavesheaf to God, was the same time Yeshua would have been ascending into Heaven to present himself before the Father as the first of the firstfruits.

"God raising Christ from the dead exalted Him at the Right Hand of God in His Heavenly Majesty His Holiness His Name The Most Holy Place." Ephesians 1:19 Romans 1:3,4 Isaiah 57:15

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Since the Passover had to fall on the Wednesday the 14th of Nisan. as it did that year.

Since when had the passover '~to fall on the Wednesday~'? There's no such thing!

No Scripture or reason for alleging, '~Passover had to fall on the Wednesday the 14th of Nisan. as it did that year.~' What 'year' are you talking about? The year is neither contextual nor necessary to be known.
Scripture ALONE makes clear which "day(s) according to the SCRIPTURES" Jesus was killed, buried and raised on.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
where in your understanding does the 3rd night fit in? I do not understand how you can throw out a part of scripture to hold to your belief. So you are telling me Yeshua lied when he said 3 days and 3 nights? I will believe Yeshua before I will believe some mortal man.

'~where in your understanding does the 3rd night fit in?~'
Jesus QUOTED directly, that's why the specific word order. He quoted from an after his Resurrection viewpoint; in other words, He retrospectively, referred to the three days and three nights.

"The third day", Abib 16, consisted of the third "daylight of the Sabbath in" which, when "mid-afternoon, there came a great earthquake", and Jesus rose from the dead, and before it, the third darkness or night of "the Sabbath the women began to rest".

"That Day the Preparation" Abib 15, "which is the Fore-Sabbath", consisted of the second daylight in which "mid-afternoon the Sabbath nearing", Joseph had closed the grave and "everybody had gone home", and before it the second darkness or night in which Joseph and Nicodemus had "prepared" Jesus' body "to bury" it "That Selfsame Day";

"It was the Preparation of the Passover and morning" of "the first day they always killed the passover" and Jesus died its "ninth hour" (3 p.m.), and before it, "it was (its) night" in which Judas left the table of Last Supper and went to the priests and rulers and led them to the Garden of Gethsemane where he betrayed Jesus to the Jews That Selfsame Night.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
the feast of unleavened bread. Since it was a high sabbath, being a literal weekly sabbath, and the feat of unleavened bread

What is your '~it~', every time?
Please call a spade a spade and a shovel a shovel.

Anyway, I know what you mean; and what you mean, is wrong, unfortunately ... for you.

'~the feast of unleavened bread~' was "on the sabbath because THAT DAY was great-day-of-sabbath-(of the passover), "WHICH IS THE FORE-SABBATH", 'Friday', "since That Day was the Preparation BEGINNING (after sunset) the EVENING had COME when there came Joseph" WHILE Jesus' body still hanged on the cross and Joseph had not even obtained Pilate's permission to take Him off from the cross!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I have heard many fanatical persons say the Holy Spirit revealed this and that to them. Now that is very generally revealed nonsense. The Holy Ghost does not reveal anything fresh now. He brings old things to our remembrance. ‘He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance whatsoever I have told you,’ [John 14:26]. The canon of revelation is closed; there is no more to be added. God does not give a fresh revelation, but he rivets the old one. When it has been forgotten, and laid in the dusty chamber of our memory, he fetches it out and cleans the picture, but does not paint a new one. There are no new doctrines, but the old ones are often revived. It is not, I say, by any new revelation that the Spirit comforts. He does so by telling us old things over again; he brings a fresh lamp to manifest the treasures hidden in Scripture; he unlocks the strong chests in which the truth had long lain, and he points to secret chambers filled with untold riches; but he coins no more, for enough is done.
Believer! There is enough in the Bible for thee to live upon for ever. If thou shouldest outnumber the years of Methusaleh, there would be no need for a fresh revelation; if thou shouldest live till Christ should come upon the earth, there would be no necessity for the addition of a single word; if thou shouldest go down as deep as Jonah, or even descend as David said he did, into the belly of hell, still there would be enough in the Bible to comfort thee without a supplementary sentence.
” Charles Haddon Spurgeon, ‘The New Park Street Pulpit’ 1, p38

There was the partial discovery though in 2011, of Jesus’ “BONE-DAY” that lay hidden and forgotten since the translation of the Hebrew Old Testament into Greek, was scratched open a bit on the surface when the King James Version was made, but again became buried under the dust of five hundred years’ smugness and secrecy in the Deep State Church.

Last edited:

rstrats

Sep 6, 2012
twinc,
re: "nothing sinister - like this one it was the last post..."

I don't understand. Could you elaborate?